LaurNY MarKnicken

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

LaurNY MarKnicken 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:09 am

Edited Trade as per Brackdan's suggestion:

Bojan Bogdanovic, '25 Knicks 1st, '27 Knicks 1st and '26 Swap Rights for Lauri Markkanen

FYI - This was OP:

Lauri Markkanen for Bojan Bogdanovic and all of the picks/swaps

With Lauri Markkanen and Randle returning, the Knicks would have some legit scoring threats to take pressure off of Brunson.

Ainge adds 4 Unprotected 1sts, 3 Conditional 1sts and 4 swaps to his collection of picks towards a rebuild.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,021

Re: LaurNY MarKnicken 

Post#2 » by Rockazoids » Sat May 4, 2024 2:20 am

NYG wrote:Lauri Markkanen for Bojan Bogdanovic and all of the picks/swaps

With Lauri Markkanen and Randle returning, the Knicks would have some legit scoring threats to take pressure off of Brunson.

Ainge adds 4 Unprotected 1sts, 3 Conditional 1sts and 4 swaps to his collection of picks towards a rebuild.

What the hell has he done as a winning player to bring back all them 1st?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,643

Post#3 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:38 am

I don’t think all those picks need to be involved. Maybe 2 and a swap.
Probably better to add a player to the deal
Sign here
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,160

Post#4 » by Knickfan1982 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:40 am

NYG wrote:Lauri Markkanen for Bojan Bogdanovic and all of the picks/swaps

I am missing the multiple time all star player coming back to NY. You need to edit your post to add him in. Otherwise this deal doesn't make the slightest bit of sense because that's way too much for a stat stuffer from bad teams.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,942

Post#5 » by LarsV8 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:41 am

NYG wrote:Ainge adds 4 Unprotected 1sts, 3 Conditional 1sts and 4 swaps to his collection of picks towards a rebuild.

Literally what the ****.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Post#6 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 10:59 am

Not speaking on the major overpay in OP, but it looks weird to OG to trade all that for Lauri IMO.

I think OG wants some offensive role and bringing in another guy in front of him before he resigns is questionable.

If you take out about 3 of those firsts and have the Randle trade lined up… Sure
NYG
RealGM

Post#7 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 11:28 am

brackdan70 wrote:I don’t think all those picks need to be involved. Maybe 2 and a swap.

Ainge would do Bojan for Lauri with just 2 Knicks picks and a swap? I'd offer that this off-season instead of OP obviously in that case and get it done.
NYG
RealGM

Post#8 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 11:42 am

jayjaysee wrote:Not speaking on the major overpay in OP, but it looks weird to OG to trade all that for Lauri IMO.

I think OG wants some offensive role and bringing in another guy in front of him before he resigns is questionable.

If you take out about 3 of those firsts and have the Randle trade lined up… Sure

I think OG/Lauri are versatile enough to play off eachother. I fixed OP too
NYG
RealGM

Post#9 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 11:42 am

LarsV8 wrote:
NYG wrote:Ainge adds 4 Unprotected 1sts, 3 Conditional 1sts and 4 swaps to his collection of picks towards a rebuild.

Literally what the ****.

I fixed it in OP to make it more realistic
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#10 » by SkyHook » Sat May 4, 2024 2:04 pm

Jazz easily pass on the revised offer.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
NYG
RealGM

Post#11 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:12 pm

SkyHook wrote:Jazz easily pass on the revised offer.

Where's the middle ground?
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#12 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:12 pm

NYG wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:I don’t think all those picks need to be involved. Maybe 2 and a swap.

Ainge would do Bojan for Lauri with just 2 Knicks picks and a swap? I'd offer that this off-season instead of OP obviously in that case and get it done.

I’m not sure Ainge would do that or not but seems more realistic value. If I was the Jazz though I would consider that. I personally think they are at a crossroads…build around Lauri or tank for good drafts in 2025/2026. I am not sure Lauri is a build around guy. Great player but not a number one.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:13 pm

What would they need to make it something they consider? Someone besides Bogey coming back?
Sign here
NYG
RealGM

Post#14 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:14 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
NYG wrote:

I’m not sure Ainge would do that or not but seems more realistic value. If I was the Jazz though I would consider that. I personally think they are at a crossroads…build around Lauri or tank for good drafts in 2025/2026. I am not sure Lauri is a build around guy. Great player but not a number one.

I just think upgrading from Bojan to Lauri would give the Knicks a huge boost so it wasn't so much pressure on just Jalen.
NYG
RealGM

Post#15 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 2:25 pm

Can Lauri play center?
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,837

Post#16 » by DowJones » Sat May 4, 2024 3:09 pm

What exactly are the picks that are under discussion? For example, the 2025 NY Knicks first has a value in the range of 17-30 as the Knicks are likely to be very good. It is my understanding that the Knicks have a handful of low-upside first rounders and it is very difficult to put a trade together for a star player with those type of first rounders. People say "Four first round picks" and leave it at that but if 2 of the 4 are lottery protected and the other 2 are unprotected but projected to be late first round then what are we really talking about?
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#17 » by bkohler » Sat May 4, 2024 4:13 pm

Middle grounds gonna be hard to find and from my perspective is much closer to the initial offer.

The problem is that nearly any team could out offer two FRP that will probably not be good and bogey who the market proved isn’t worth a first already. This is a worse offer than say Rui and two lakers picks, which I think LA would offer in a heartbeat. Or Herro and two picks from the heat. Or Daniels and two picks from the Pelicans. Etc.

The problem with the Knicks picks continue to be the fact that the most juicy ones have a really high chance at this point of becoming seconds because of the protections on them and the Knicks own picks are likely to be high because of the current teams shear competence. Theres not a lot to bet against, they are relatively young, healthy, their star obviously wants to be there and play a repeatable brand of successful basketball. Theres not much to say they’ll be bad in 2-4 years like you might say the Lakers or 76ers might be.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Post#18 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 4:19 pm

NYG wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Not speaking on the major overpay in OP, but it looks weird to OG to trade all that for Lauri IMO.

I think OG/Lauri are versatile enough to play off eachother. I fixed OP too

So some minutes with Lauri/Randle as the bigs and some minutes with OG at the two?

It feels unnecessarily ill fitting, especially in 18 months when they probably combine for 120 million? If you’re matching Utah’s likely really high asking price, you might as well target an actual good fit..
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#19 » by SkyHook » Sat May 4, 2024 4:33 pm

NYG wrote:

Where's the middle ground?

Sometimes there just is no middle ground. I'm not sure that it can be found in this case. Teams are going to be reluctant to give more for Lauri because he'll be on an expiring contract, but the Jazz have no incentive to move him for that level of return. Every indication that's been revealed in the media is that Utah would require a godfather offer. The highest reasonable amount a team would go then it would require some additional pain.

The initial proposal here prior to the edit was closer to what Ainge will ask and then that's likely too much for the Knicks.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,021

Post#20 » by Rockazoids » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 pm

First I don't see the fit with Lauri, and damn sure not paying 2 1st & 2 swaps just to over pay him.
Also I see a lot of crapping on NY picks asset saying their late picks. Well they won their first PO game this year with only playing
late picks.
Anunoby 23rd pk 2017
Hartenstein 43th pk 2017
Brunson 33rd pk 2018
Hart 30th pk 2017
DiVincenzo 17th pk 2017
Bogdanovic 31th pk 2011
Robinson 36th pk 2018
McBride 36th pk 2021
The earliest pick being DiVincenzo 17th pk 2017.You don't need high picks you just need a good front office.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.

Return to Trades and Transactions