LaurNY MarKnicken

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,139

Re: LaurNY MarKnicken 

Post#21 » by jazzfan1971 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:59 pm

I think a Lauri trade only works when the other team looks at him as the missing piece for a title. I don't get the feeling that NY feels that he would make them contenders. I think this is the main reason a satisfactory deal can't be found.

A team like Philly or Milwaukee might feel like he would vault them to a title because they already have a team close to winning in place and would just need that final piece. As good as NY is, they don't seem to me to be one piece away. And judging from NY fans reluctance to push in for a title run, it seems like they agree.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,800

Post#22 » by ConSarnit » Sat May 4, 2024 5:19 pm

I have to imagine Ainge won't trade Markkanen until he can re-negotiate and extend him using Utah's cap space. At that point Markkanen will be locked in for 4 years at around 25% of the cap (assuming Utah gets a discount for giving Markkanen an extra $20m next year).

If you were trading for Markkanen you'd much rather have him at 25% of the cap for 4 years than 30% (what you would have to pay him next off-season when he's a free agent). I'm guessing that will be Ainge's path to maximized Lauri's value.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,646

Post#23 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:22 pm

McBride, Robinson 2025 Knicks pick and 2027 Knicks picks. ?
Sign here

Return to Trades and Transactions