Best Fits and Trade Packages for Brook Lopez

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,195

Re: Best Fits and Trade Packages for Brook Lopez 

Post#41 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 6, 2024 8:13 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Nurk?

I'd like him on the Suns, but I don't see any reason for the Bucks to do this without some sweetener.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#42 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue May 7, 2024 3:24 am

Kennard + Ziaire Williams + #7 + #38 for Brook Lopez + #23 + #33
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,348

Post#43 » by RiotPunch » Tue May 7, 2024 3:31 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:Kennard + Ziaire Williams + #7 + #38 for Brook Lopez + #23 + #33

I doubt Memphis does this, but sign me up.

Brook would be amazing next to JJJ and I am sure Jenkins would love to have him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 210

Post#44 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 4:26 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:Kennard + Ziaire Williams + #7 + #38 for Brook Lopez + #23 + #33

Are you crazy no way in h*** Grizz do this. You have us trading a lottery pick for a 36 year old Brook who’s contract is for one more year and again is 36. Jaren turned dude to a turnstile no way he fits our timeline and I can name 5 guys we would target over a 36 year old center making 23 million.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,619

Post#45 » by Devilanche » Tue May 7, 2024 4:47 am

I’m skeptical a 36 year old center is worth a lottery first even in this upcoming draft. A future lotto protected sure .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
QMemphis
Junior

Post#46 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 4:49 am

Devilanche wrote:I’m skeptical a 36 year old center is worth a lottery first even in this upcoming draft. A future lotto protected sure .

I still would likely be against it too much salary and would leave us with a hole in two years. But I could accept that versus a lottery pick.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#47 » by Ell Curry » Tue May 7, 2024 5:17 am

nate33 wrote:Lopez is really old and is only useful on a contending team - particularly one in dire need of a floor stretching big.

OKC makes the most sense. He'd be perfect there as a guy who could fit in with their 5-out offensive philosophy while also providing them an effective post defender against the handful of Goliath's in the league like Jokic and Embiid.

OKC wouldn't trade Dort for him, but they would probably trade a pick or two, or some of their depth (Wiggins, Joe, Williams).

But honestly, I don't see a team out there that would value him more than Milwaukee values him. Any trade involving Lopez is going to bring back a guy who younger, but isn't quite as good. Problem is, Milwaukee is in all-out win-now mode and isn't willing to take a step back in the short term for a better position long term. It's hard to see how a Lopez trade helps them.

I think you found the solution, it's a 3 way deal and OKC provides say 1 decent first and Aaron Wiggins or Isaiah Joe (I assume the Bucks would want Wiggins) for Lopez, the Bucks get an OKC bench guy who plays 15-20 for them and can play 30 minutes for the Bucks. And then the Bucks get a wing from team C with the Lopez money.

They're a different team with Lillard replacing Jrue. It does make some sense that now having worse perimeter D is that they need to consider using Giannis at the 5 full-time and totally change their defensive system.

So
1) What would OKC give up for Lopez?
2) Who would take that package and offer the Bucks a versatile wing or a solid defensive guard or wing who can start with Lillard-Middleton-Portis-Giannis?

Maybe the Bulls for Caruso?

I think this question also comes down to if Beauchamp or Andre Jackson can breakout next year. Doc having a long contract makes this less likely, ideally you want someone who can really develop young players, but if Jackson comes back from the summer with a shot or Beauchamp is just ready (and starts taking way more 3s without shooting an ugly percentage), might just happen anyways.
Where's the D?
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#48 » by gswhoops » Tue May 7, 2024 2:11 pm

Astaluego wrote:López for Wiggins

This makes a ton of sense to me. Warriors need a true 5 who can stretch the floor; Bucks need to get younger and more athletic. Brook is a local guy to boot.

Brook plus any minimum salary works, or it could expand into something like Brook/Pat for Wiggins/Looney
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#49 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:12 pm

gswhoops wrote:

This makes a ton of sense to me. Warriors need a true 5 who can stretch the floor; Bucks need to get younger and more athletic. Brook is a local guy to boot.

Brook plus any minimum salary works, or it could expand into something like Brook/Pat for Wiggins/Looney

Bucks need a big who can defend the rim and shoot threes more than someone like Wiggins.
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 235

Post#50 » by balsamic_ducks » Tue May 7, 2024 2:30 pm

gswhoops wrote:

Now this is a realistic Brook trade. I like this a lot for both teams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,578

Post#51 » by nate33 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:53 pm

Ell Curry wrote:
nate33 wrote:Lopez is really old and is only useful on a contending team - particularly one in dire need of a floor stretching big.

OKC makes the most sense. He'd be perfect there as a guy who could fit in with their 5-out offensive philosophy while also providing them an effective post defender against the handful of Goliath's in the league like Jokic and Embiid.

OKC wouldn't trade Dort for him, but they would probably trade a pick or two, or some of their depth (Wiggins, Joe, Williams).

But honestly, I don't see a team out there that would value him more than Milwaukee values him. Any trade involving Lopez is going to bring back a guy who younger, but isn't quite as good. Problem is, Milwaukee is in all-out win-now mode and isn't willing to take a step back in the short term for a better position long term. It's hard to see how a Lopez trade helps them.

I think you found the solution, it's a 3 way deal and OKC provides say 1 decent first and Aaron Wiggins or Isaiah Joe (I assume the Bucks would want Wiggins) for Lopez, the Bucks get an OKC bench guy who plays 15-20 for them and can play 30 minutes for the Bucks. And then the Bucks get a wing from team C with the Lopez money.

They're a different team with Lillard replacing Jrue. It does make some sense that now having worse perimeter D is that they need to consider using Giannis at the 5 full-time and totally change their defensive system.

So
2) Who would take that package and offer the Bucks a versatile wing or a solid defensive guard or wing who can start with Lillard-Middleton-Portis-Giannis?

I think this question also comes down to if Beauchamp or Andre Jackson can breakout next year. Doc having a long contract makes this less likely, ideally you want someone who can really develop young players, but if Jackson comes back from the summer with a shot or Beauchamp is just ready (and starts taking way more 3s without shooting an ugly percentage), might just happen anyways.

I don't think you get a starting caliber two-way guard/wing in his prime like Caruso in return for a 36-year-old Brook Lopez. I think best you get back is a 20 mpg 6th/7th man like Wiggins - a guy who is either good on D but can't shoot, or a shooter who can't defend. Is Milwaukee better with Wiggins in place of Lopez? I don't think so.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#52 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 7, 2024 3:14 pm

I've liked the idea of Brook to OKC for a draft asset(s) that in turn is moved to Brooklyn for Cam Johnson.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#53 » by gswhoops » Tue May 7, 2024 5:28 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:

Bucks need a big who can defend the rim and shoot threes more than someone like Wiggins.

The premise of the thread is that the Bucks want to trade Brook to get younger and more athletic. Presumably the goal here would be to have Giannis spend more time at the 5.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 179

Post#54 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:54 pm

Bucks send Lopez, Connaughton
Miami sends Herro, O. Robinson

Bucks get back a reserve big. Bucks get a player who can shoot and lead the second group.

Miami gets a better backup big (or a starter with Abebayo moving to PF) and an off-guard for less long term money..
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#55 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:57 pm

gswhoops wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:This makes a ton of sense to me. Warriors need a true 5 who can stretch the floor; Bucks need to get younger and more athletic. Brook is a local guy to boot.

The premise of the thread is that the Bucks want to trade Brook to get younger and more athletic. Presumably the goal here would be to have Giannis spend more time at the 5.

Yeah it's a terrible premise.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#56 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue May 7, 2024 8:36 pm

QMemphis wrote:

Are you crazy no way in h*** Grizz do this. You have us trading a lottery pick for a 36 year old Brook who’s contract is for one more year and again is 36. Jaren turned dude to a turnstile no way he fits our timeline and I can name 5 guys we would target over a 36 year old center making 23 million.

After the top 5 (Clingan included) there´s no one in the draft that is difference maker IMHO. The talent drop between #7 and #23 is small and if we´re serious about contending next season I doubt we find a better match than Brook.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#57 » by Ell Curry » Tue May 7, 2024 9:52 pm

nate33 wrote:So

I don't think you get a starting caliber two-way guard/wing in his prime like Caruso in return for a 36-year-old Brook Lopez. I think best you get back is a 20 mpg 6th/7th man like Wiggins - a guy who is either good on D but can't shoot, or a shooter who can't defend. Is Milwaukee better with Wiggins in place of Lopez? I don't think so.[/quote]

No, the OKC picks would be for Caruso. Maybe add a Beauchamp or Andre Jackson to Chicago since either would fit okay with Coby White being such a good shooter.
Where's the D?
QMemphis
Junior

Post#58 » by QMemphis » Wed May 8, 2024 1:08 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

After the top 5 (Clingan included) there´s no one in the draft that is difference maker IMHO. The talent drop between #7 and #23 is small and if we´re serious about contending next season I doubt we find a better match than Brook.

Draft Holland/Reed/Matas/Knecht
Trade Luke/Ziaire 25 & 27 1st and I bet you we get a much better fit from a salary, fit and timeline perspective.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst

Post#59 » by BarbaGrizz » Wed May 8, 2024 2:11 am

QMemphis wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

Trade Luke/Ziaire 25 & 27 1st and I bet you we get a much better fit from a salary, fit and timeline perspective.

I only Knecht of these players, the others I think will be more of the same. What player do you think we can land with this package? Poetl? Kessler? WCJ?

QMemphis
Junior

Post#60 » by QMemphis » Wed May 8, 2024 3:52 am

BarbaGrizz wrote:
QMemphis wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:

I only Knecht of these players, the others I think will be more of the same. What player do you think we can land with this package? Poetl? Kessler? WCJ?

I prefer Reed and WCJ

Return to Trades and Transactions