Best Fits and Trade Packages for Brook Lopez

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 235

Re: Best Fits and Trade Packages for Brook Lopez 

Post#21 » by balsamic_ducks » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 pm

Some of these values for Lopez are crazy. He’s an expiring 36 year old. I don’t think has all that much value. I think he’s worth a pick in the 20s and salary filler
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#22 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 7:21 pm

What does a Lakers offer look like?
NYG
RealGM

Post#23 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 7:21 pm

Duplicate
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Post#24 » by bdpecore » Sat May 4, 2024 7:39 pm

balsamic_ducks wrote:Some of these values for Lopez are crazy. He’s an expiring 36 year old. I don’t think has all that much value. I think he’s worth a pick in the 20s and salary filler

Based on this take, would this be fair value?

Bucks Out: Lopez and #23
Bucks In: Caruso, K. Williams and Dieng

OKC Out: K. Williams, Dieng and #12
OKC In: Lopez and #23

Bulls Out: Caruso
Bulls In: #12
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,646

Post#25 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 7:52 pm

bkohler wrote:Does a player turning 37 next season really hold much value? The list of players being effective at that age is short and while I think brook would be completely worth having on a roster as he’s good, I’m not sure I’d be worth giving up much for him as fall off happens really fast at these ages. FWIW he and I are the same age and I just hurt my back playing ball and can’t move, so maybe I’m jaded.

Agree he doesn’t have a lot of trade value but can help a team. His clock is close to midnight though
Sign here
NYG
RealGM

Post#26 » by NYG » Sat May 4, 2024 7:55 pm

Rui, Wood and 17 to Milwaukee
Lopez to LAL
JHS to Team X
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,558

Post#27 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:13 pm

Astaluego wrote:López for Wiggins

The Bucks would have to include more salary.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,558

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:14 pm

balsamic_ducks wrote:Some of these values for Lopez are crazy. He’s an expiring 36 year old. I don’t think has all that much value. I think he’s worth a pick in the 20s and salary filler

Agreed. I think they're going to have to move Middleton.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 847

Post#29 » by tester551 » Sat May 4, 2024 10:17 pm

I don't think his value is even this high.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#30 » by NCHeels2008 » Sat May 4, 2024 10:18 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:I wonder if both sides would do something around Reaves for BroLo (and more value). If D'Lo is brought back pressure will be on the Lakers to get bigger in the backcourt.

Really like Reaves, but our perimeter D would be even more of a trainwreck with him next to Dame. Maybe something like:

MKE: Caruso, Hachimura
LAL: Lopez
CHI: Reaves

That's less value not more, I'd rather run it back than replace 2 young starters for an old starter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,328

Post#31 » by RiotPunch » Sat May 4, 2024 10:55 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:I wonder if both sides would do something around Reaves for BroLo (and more value). If D'Lo is brought back pressure will be on the Lakers to get bigger in the backcourt.

Really like Reaves, but our perimeter D would be even more of a trainwreck with him next to Dame. Maybe something like:

That's less value not more, I'd rather run it back than replace 2 young starters for an old starter

It was meant as more of a framework, but yeah I was not thinking clearly when I posted this. The money is off as well. Lakers do need to add salary to Reaves, though. Vincent gets you there. How much value is needed to attach to Brook to net Reaves+Vincent? #33?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,650

Post#32 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:48 am

RiotPunch wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:Really like Reaves, but our perimeter D would be even more of a trainwreck with him next to Dame. Maybe something like:

It was meant as more of a framework, but yeah I was not thinking clearly when I posted this. The money is off as well. Lakers do need to add salary to Reaves, though. Vincent gets you there. How much value is needed to attach to Brook to net Reaves+Vincent? #33?

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I don't really like anybody on the Bucks that much past their top 5 players, Pat is fine and Beauchamp would be a decent flyer but neither of them or the 33 is worth getting so much older from Reaves to Lopez. I mainly brought up the idea because LeGM isn't as worried about age and future as Lakers fans are. That being said if it had to be done I'd want something more around a 3rd team that wants Reaves and make up the value between Reaves and BroLo giving the Lakers another piece (ideally a bigger wing)
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,328

Post#33 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 5:17 am

NCHeels2008 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
NCHeels2008 wrote:

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I don't really like anybody on the Bucks that much past their top 5 players, Pat is fine and Beauchamp would be a decent flyer but neither of them or the 33 is worth getting so much older from Reaves to Lopez. I mainly brought up the idea because LeGM isn't as worried about age and future as Lakers fans are. That being said if it had to be done I'd want something more around a 3rd team that wants Reaves and make up the value between Reaves and BroLo giving the Lakers another piece (ideally a bigger wing)

Not at all, man. I get it. Lopez value is tough to gauge. If you guys hire Bud, he's gonna want him though. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
balsamic_ducks
Junior
And1: 235

Post#34 » by balsamic_ducks » Sun May 5, 2024 4:15 pm

bdpecore wrote:

Still way too much. Kenrich is a good role player, Dieng is an intriguing prospect and you throw in lottery pick. I’m pretty sure the thunder could just absorb Lopez in cap space. I would offer a future bad 1st if I was them and not really be upset I that doesn’t land Lopez
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,714

Post#35 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 4:27 pm

balsamic_ducks wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

Still way too much. Kenrich is a good role player, Dieng is an intriguing prospect and you throw in lottery pick. I’m pretty sure the thunder could just absorb Lopez in cap space. I would offer a future bad 1st if I was them and not really be upset I that doesn’t land Lopez

I agree OKC would likely try and do this differently. But this version here? I'd for sure do it as OKC. I don't care about the dropping in the first round, and have the assets to easily replace what Kenrich provides them. Heck maybe just go sign Marshall or Bruce Brown once Toronto declines his option. Trade for DFS, etc...

BroLo lets Chet be super aggressive defensively because foul trouble isn't an issue and you can really see if he can play the 4 next to a legit center. If he can't no big deal, 48 minutes of defensive center is worth this price.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,573

Post#36 » by nate33 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:03 pm

Lopez is really old and is only useful on a contending team - particularly one in dire need of a floor stretching big.

OKC makes the most sense. He'd be perfect there as a guy who could fit in with their 5-out offensive philosophy while also providing them an effective post defender against the handful of Goliath's in the league like Jokic and Embiid.

OKC wouldn't trade Dort for him, but they would probably trade a pick or two, or some of their depth (Wiggins, Joe, Williams).

But honestly, I don't see a team out there that would value him more than Milwaukee values him. Any trade involving Lopez is going to bring back a guy who younger, but isn't quite as good. Problem is, Milwaukee is in all-out win-now mode and isn't willing to take a step back in the short term for a better position long term. It's hard to see how a Lopez trade helps them.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,706

Post#37 » by machu46 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:37 pm

Brook’s a really tough one. On the one hand, he’s undeniably nearing the age cliff. As others have said, it tends to happen quickly for 7 footers and he’s absolutely at the age where it could happen at any moment.

Having said that, guys with his skillset are extremely rare, which is probably why Milwaukee has hung on to him as long as they have. Guys with his level of offensive versatility, rim protection, and box out skills are so difficult to find and he’s continued to play very well as he’s aged.

I tend to think NBA teams will be more interested than some posters here think and I don’t think it will be limited to title contenders either. There’s a reason teams like Houston were interested this past offseason; his skillset is a fit for a lot of teams and his experience will be attractive both to contenders and teams that are trying to take that next step in the building process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,494

Post#38 » by Karmaloop » Sun May 5, 2024 11:58 pm

I'm as guilty as overvaluing my teams' own guys, but I can't imagine you're going to be GM very long if you're trading a young guard for an old big.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,725

Post#39 » by toooskies » Mon May 6, 2024 3:46 am

BroLo for LeVert? Milwaukee gets a versatile guy in his prime whom they can re-sign, while the Cavs get a stretch big who can defend for a year.

(I'd have made this Okoro but I don't think he can S&T to Milwaukee with their apron situation.)
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Post#40 » by jayjaysee » Mon May 6, 2024 11:13 am

bdpecore wrote:

Seems good for Milwaukee IMO. OKC can overpay, but they shouldn’t need to be the top bidder by this much..

Caruso and the Portland first for 12 and 33, with the first going to Presti. OKC can wait 4 years and hope Portland’s group develops..

And considering Milwaukee/OKC situation, I think Presti takes a 2028 and/or 2030 swap over 23rd. The swap is a “double swap” but.. Milwaukee would keep 23rd for another deal and OKC would not start a rookie clock when they don’t need to.

And maybe you sub one of Kenrich/Dieng in for Jaylin. Milwaukee can choose which forward to replace, but just seems right to trade the bigger/cheaper player to the over second apron team losing their center.

Return to Trades and Transactions