James takes his talents to Disney World with Embiid

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,565

James takes his talents to Disney World with Embiid 

Post#1 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 4:58 am

Not south beach, but Florida…

Grizzlies Trade:
#7 + Kennard
FOR
#18 (24 Magic 1st) + WCJ
=Move back 11 slots for a starting bigman.

Lakers Trade:
James
FOR
Isaac + Kennard + 25/27 Magic 1sts + 26/28 Magic Swaps
=take a flyer on Isaac with Davis, future cap space and picks for post James rebuild.

76ers Trade:
Embiid
FOR
Banchero + Black + Jett + #7 + 25 Nuggets 1st (via Magic) + 29/31 Magic 1sts
=probably best offer they can get for Embiid.

Magic Trade:
Banchero + Black + Jett + WCJ + Isaac + All Picks
FOR
Embiid + James

Embiid
James
Franz
Suggs
Anthony

Might be the best lineup James has ever had.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,177

Re: James takes his talents to Disney World with Embiid 

Post#2 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 5:06 am

Weak draft and all I doubt WCJ gets you from 18 to 7.

We have seen teams trade youth and all their picks for stars before. Is it working out for the clippers or the suns?

The lakers say no, they can’t rebuild without their own picks.

And why would Philly give up on Embiid when when they have Maxi blossoming and max cap space.

Everyone says no.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,980

Post#3 » by Nyce_1 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:21 am

Lock this up. Orl is not trading their 2nd yr all-star for a 30yr injury-prone Embiid.

President has said they want to build a sustainable winner, not a quick-fix 2nd round team.

Hard pass.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 5:47 am

BeiBeau wrote:Weak draft and all I doubt WCJ gets you from 18 to 7.

We have seen teams trade youth and all their picks for stars before. Is it working out for the clippers or the suns?

And why would Philly give up on Embiid when when they have Maxi blossoming and max cap space.

Everyone says no.

Well, Lakers don’t really have a say. Magic have enough cap space to free agent sign James and still trade for Embiid. This is a get Lakers something instead of nothing and ensure all gets done.

76ers would really have to say yes. Embiid is great and all, but Banchero+++ with Maxey is too good to say no. See poster above that says this is off table from Magic standpoint.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 5:51 am

Nyce_1 wrote:Lock this up. Orl is not trading their 2nd yr all-star for a 30yr injury-prone Embiid.

President has said they want to build a sustainable winner, not a quick-fix 2nd round team.

Hard pass.

I mean, mention all-star for your guy and forget to mention MVP for the guy he is traded for. Not saying your opinion on OP isn’t warranted, just not being inclusive.

And I don’t think this is a 2nd round team. Embiid and James being on best team they have ever been on in East is legit. Magic as is could be 2nd round team - this is adding James and Embiid.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 847

Post#6 » by tester551 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:52 am

I agree that every single team would say no
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#7 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 6:05 am

Wolveswin wrote:

Everyone says no.

Well, Lakers don’t really have a say. Magic have enough cap space to free agent sign James and still trade for Embiid. This is a get Lakers something instead of nothing and ensure all gets done.

76ers would really have to say yes. Embiid is great and all, but Banchero+++ with Maxey is too good to say no. See poster above that says this is off table from Magic standpoint.

So that Magic give up 2 1st and 2 1st swaps out of charity? I don’t think any NBA team is that stupid.

If the Magic could only do the Embiid part, maybe they say yes, but it’s still unlikely.

If everyone is telling you it’s a terrible trade you should listen instead of telling everyone else how they’re wrong. If you’re not posting on here to get feedback then just go write fan fiction.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 6:14 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:

Everyone says no.

So that Magic give up 2 1st and 2 1st swaps out of charity? I don’t think any NBA team is that stupid.

If the Magic could only do the Embiid part, maybe they say yes, but it’s still unlikely.

If everyone is telling you it’s a terrible trade you should listen instead of telling everyone else how they’re wrong. If you’re not posting on here to get feedback then just go write fan fiction.

Oh please. We post for discussion. And why does your post have to be right and mine wrong? I mean…

Look at my post to you, it was a clarification first (where you were off in your assessment) then point out that another poster was on other side of your very opinion of Banchero++ for Embiid.

Most the times when trades are agreeable, threads have polar opposite opinions from each fan base and multiple posters. Otherwise known as discussion.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#9 » by BeiBeau » Sat May 4, 2024 6:24 am

Wolveswin wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Well, Lakers don’t really have a say. Magic have enough cap space to free agent sign James and still trade for Embiid. This is a get Lakers something instead of nothing and ensure all gets done.

Oh please. We post for discussion. And why does your post have to be right and mine wrong? I mean…

Look at my post to you, it was a clarification first (where you were off in your assessment) then point out that another poster was on other side of your very opinion of Banchero++ for Embiid.

Most the times when trades are agreeable, threads have polar opposite opinions from each fan base and multiple posters. Otherwise known as discussion.

3 other people in here besides you. 2 people said everyone says no and the other suggested that we lock the thread.

He was not on the other side of my opinion. He was also against the Magic giving up their young assets for Embiid. He said nothing from Philly’s perspective.

The Magic wouldn’t do this deal because if they don’t win a championship then they’re a poverty franchise as Embiid ages poorly and Lebron retires.

The 76ers wouldn’t do the trade because they have the opportunity to sign another max player this summer to pair with Embiid and Maxey and they’re not going to give up a chance to go for a championship right now.

You still didn’t answer the question why you have the Magic giving the lakers 2 picks and 2 swaps for literally no reason in this trade. Find me one sign and trade in history that has that kind of a return.

All of this is not to mention that Lebron is on the record saying he would rather retire then ever play in Orlando.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Wolveswin » Sat May 4, 2024 6:38 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

3 other people in here besides you. 2 people said everyone says no and the other suggested that we lock the thread.

He was not on the other side of my opinion. He was also against the Magic giving up their young assets for Embiid. He said nothing from Philly’s perspective.

The Magic wouldn’t do this deal because if they don’t win a championship then they’re a poverty franchise as Embiid ages poorly and Lebron retires.

The 76ers wouldn’t do the trade because they have the opportunity to sign another max player this summer to pair with Embiid and Maxey and they’re not going to give up a chance to go for a championship right now.

You still didn’t answer the question why you have the Magic giving the lakers 2 picks and 2 swaps for literally no reason in this trade. Find me one sign and trade in history that has that kind of a return.

All of this is not to mention that Lebron is on the record saying he would rather retire then ever play in Orlando.

And all of that is fair opinion on OP trade. Not sure where I said any poster was wrong for having that opinion of OP. But discussion of reasoning (the why) should be highly encouraged - by posters and OP creator. Otherwise posts like the one that added no substance or reasoning doesn’t spark discussion.

As for 76ers, plenty of threads with many people suggesting now is time to trade Embijd. People should have different opinions on that polarizing subject matter. One isn’t more right than other.

A package like OP for Embiid should be highly considered - with 76ers saying yes. Because one route is what you suggested with high likely hood of 76ers failure - other is trading Embiid when he actually warrants a Banchero+ package.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#11 » by Residual-Heat » Sat May 4, 2024 6:59 am

Magic have 10+ years of Franz and Banchero to look forward to. They're not risking it all for two years of Embiid and 40 year old Lebron.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,650

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 10:00 am

I think LBJ would just sign in Philly and play with Joel if he wanted this?

Or.. LBJ would just sign with Orlando and then Orlando can use those additional assets to make sure Cole Anthony isn’t on the starting line up of a team with a 2 year window?

Philly shouldn’t trade Joel. But going from the playoffs to Maxey/Black/“Cody Williams”/Paolo in one year is pretty interesting if you have to trade an MVP...
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#13 » by Skybox » Sat May 4, 2024 12:04 pm

Banchero for anyone over 25 is probably a no…add-in the injury history, salary, etc and it’s out of the question

LBJ or PG13 jumping in for a couple years is intriguing but only as FAs on 3 or less years for a fun ring chase, but not blowing up what looks like a sustainable, ahead of schedule build to try it. No reason to send out picks and assets if the cap space has diligently been coordinated for a big splash. ORL is the farthest thing from desperate right now…they’ve mapped out the timeline and, until those big rookie extensions start hitting their cap, they are in a strong position. ORL is alo a small market, I don’t see ownership going ham like PHX and GSW…they just can’t/won’t afford it, even if cap rules say it’s ok. Ticket prices are already pushing realistic top ends…Only so many $12 beers you can sell in ORL.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#14 » by tiderulz » Sat May 4, 2024 12:11 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:Lock this up. Orl is not trading their 2nd yr all-star for a 30yr injury-prone Embiid.

Hard pass.

I mean, mention all-star for your guy and forget to mention MVP for the guy he is traded for. Not saying your opinion on OP isn’t warranted, just not being inclusive.

And I don’t think this is a 2nd round team. Embiid and James being on best team they have ever been on in East is legit. Magic as is could be 2nd round team - this is adding James and Embiid.

have to agree, Orlando doesnt do this. Not tying themselves to historically, consistently injured Embiid and soon to be 40 yr old James. We got a really good team developing, no reason to do something like this.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,165

Post#15 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat May 4, 2024 12:58 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think LBJ would just sign in Philly and play with Joel if he wanted this?

Or.. LBJ would just sign with Orlando and then Orlando can use those additional assets to make sure Cole Anthony isn’t on the starting line up of a team with a 2 year window?

Philly shouldn’t trade Joel. But going from the playoffs to Maxey/Black/“Cody Williams”/Paolo in one year is pretty interesting if you have to trade an MVP...

Yup. There’s just no reason for there to be two trades like this.

But even if there was, and even if Lebron told La to trade him and only to Orlando, he’d still return more in trade value than this. Which then steals value necessary to try and come close to the Embiid trade, and everything falls apart.

I get the desire for a fun idea, but it just kind of collapses in reality?
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#16 » by louc1970 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:21 pm

The issue is the trade does not solve Orlando’s biggest issue, quality PG.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#17 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat May 4, 2024 10:58 pm

Call me crazy but about 12-14 months ago i would've said Banchero was overrated especially when there was the forum of top 25 trade values and Banchero was top 10.

Now I am thinking he's underrated. Does Embiid and James make Orlando a lot higher on the national TV scale? Yes it does but Embiid is injury prone and isn't signed to a long term deal. But don't think they give up a corner-store in Banchero. He's clearly the guy Orlando is building through adding great complimentary players in Suggs and Wagner.

If Philly feels like Embiid isn't the answer and the process is broken this is a great return. Maxey + #7, Banchero, massive cap space and two prospects in Jett Howard and Anthony Black is solid return
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#18 » by tiderulz » Sat May 4, 2024 11:38 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Call me crazy but about 12-14 months ago i would've said Banchero was overrated especially when there was the forum of top 25 trade values and Banchero was top 10.

Now I am thinking he's underrated. Does Embiid and James make Orlando a lot higher on the national TV scale? Yes it does but Embiid is injury prone and isn't signed to a long term deal. But don't think they give up a corner-store in Banchero. He's clearly the guy Orlando is building through adding great complimentary players in Suggs and Wagner.

If Philly feels like Embiid isn't the answer and the process is broken this is a great return. Maxey + #7, Banchero, massive cap space and two prospects in Jett Howard and Anthony Black is solid return

Orlando fans got ripped some when we said we were happy with Banchero over Holmgren. Chet can still be a good to great player, but Paolo is what we needed. He is showing he can shoulder the team when needed. A good PG (Dejounte Murray??) and this team could really be dangerous.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#19 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun May 5, 2024 12:15 am

tiderulz wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Call me crazy but about 12-14 months ago i would've said Banchero was overrated especially when there was the forum of top 25 trade values and Banchero was top 10.

Orlando fans got ripped some when we said we were happy with Banchero over Holmgren. Chet can still be a good to great player, but Paolo is what we needed. He is showing he can shoulder the team when needed. A good PG (Dejounte Murray??) and this team could really be dangerous.

Yeah I will take a KFC buffet sized bucket of crow. I still think Chet is the higher end player especially if he fills out and puts on 10-15 lbs of muscle.

Orlando is in a pretty good place cap wise. I expect Ingles team option to be declined creating more space and Orlando to throw their offer at Quickley or look to a Murray like you said or go after another guard. If Charlotte goes after Topic does Orlando have interest in LaMelo Ball or do they go after Caruso or is Caruso basically what they hope Suggs models this game after? Or my question to that is do they make a move for Alex Caruso?
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#20 » by tiderulz » Sun May 5, 2024 3:32 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Yeah I will take a KFC buffet sized bucket of crow. I still think Chet is the higher end player especially if he fills out and puts on 10-15 lbs of muscle.

Orlando is in a pretty good place cap wise. I expect Ingles team option to be declined creating more space and Orlando to throw their offer at Quickley or look to a Murray like you said or go after another guard. If Charlotte goes after Topic does Orlando have interest in LaMelo Ball or do they go after Caruso or is Caruso basically what they hope Suggs models this game after? Or my question to that is do they make a move for Alex Caruso?

Caruso isnt the answer for Orlando. good role player, not what they need. Suggs is their better version of Caruso. Quickley is a RFA, i dont see Toronto letting him leave. Murray, Simons, Monk, those are some i see Orlando kicking the tires on

Return to Trades and Transactions