Mitchell to Miami Beal to Cleveland MIA/PHX/CLE

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,091

Re: Mitchell to Miami Beal to Cleveland MIA/PHX/CLE 

Post#21 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:37 pm

DowJones wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
DowJones wrote:Miami needs to give much more and the Beal for Allen part just isn’t happening.

Three first round picks is enough and you can argue about some of the pieces, but if we're giving three firsts, I don't see us including JJJ or Jovic. Unless he agrees to an extension, your leverage isn't all you think. Yes, you can go elsewhere, but I think you'll find teams are similarly unwilling to cash up.

I agree on the rest though. Not a good deal

I would much rather Cleveland go to Brooklyn and get those Phoenix picks with Cam Johnson. If the best Cleveland can get for Mitchell this summer is a couple of Miami first rounders and Duncan Robinson/Terry Rozier then I am comfortable keeping Donovan and seeing what the team can do with a new coach.

If I am the Cavs then I wouldn't even begin a conversation with Miami unless the core of the deal is Herro/JJJ/2029 unprotected 1st/2031 unprotected 1st. After that we can debate on swaps, Jovic, or the 15th pick. I would be ok with Miami keeping Jovic and adding no swaps with the draft rights of pick# 15 coming back to Cleveland.

Miami just doesn't have much in the way of assets when you remember that they are a play-in team that won't put their 2 best players on the table.

Donovan has more say in it than you want to recognize IMO
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#22 » by BK_2020 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:39 pm

Miami is the greatest free agent destination the proof is in the pudding just look at all the stars they signed or who asked out to go there in the last decade:
1. Jimmy Butler
2. ... Kyle Lowry?
3. ... Victor Oladipo?
4. Beal/ Dame/ Giannis/ KD/ Harden/ heck even Gordon Hayward or Al Horford

Cleveland meanwhile signed, in the same time period
1. Prime Lebron James

Cleveland should just accept its status as a lesser basketball city and give Mitchell to Miami for two trash picks and Herro.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:39 pm

DowJones wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
DowJones wrote:Keep in mind that future unprotected first round picks from Miami have a depressed value because Miami is a destination city where players will always force their way to.

They force their way here because we're well run, but that's in jeopardy. Pat Riley is going to retire soon. The destination thing is ridiculous. Players don't force their way to a destination city if they're run like crap. Miami is going to lose Butler and Riley before 2029 so you honestly have no clue what we'll be.

I just strongly disagree with your opinion on why players force their way to Miami. I think it is primarily about living in Miami during the winter. You think it is primarily Heat culture. We will agree to disagree on that one.

I just think it will be tough for Miami to even get in the conversation if they refuse to put JJJ on the table. Cleveland will rightfully demand that he be included. I know Cleveland won't value Rozier/Duncan beyond simple salary filler, so those 3 draft picks are carrying all of the weight--and I just think there are other teams that can easily beat that offer.

Dude has 15,000+ posts and barely 1/3 of his posts generate even a single "and 1" endorsement or agreement. Always been an aggressive homer out of touch with reality and with a substantial bias against all things Miami
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:41 pm

Ryreb wrote:Why is it that every trade that involves cleveland has them getting the ass end of it? What do we with a crappy ass beal with the worst contract in the league? With duncan Robinson. Who also has the worst contract in the league. These ideas are complete ass

That's kind of what happens when a team trades for a player that doesn't necessarily want to be there and there's 1 year remaining on a deal before the player leaves for nothing
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#25 » by BK_2020 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:10 pm

It's been like 4 years where the Cavs d is garbage without Allen and people still think Cleveland needs to trade away Jarrett Allen so Mobley can start at center.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,748

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 7:18 pm

greg4012 wrote:Dude has 15,000+ posts and barely 1/3 of his posts generate even a single "and 1" endorsement or agreement. Always been an aggressive homer out of touch with reality and with a substantial bias against all things Miami

Please stick to debating the merits of the argument and not attempting to belittle the other poster.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:27 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
greg4012 wrote:Dude has 15,000+ posts and barely 1/3 of his posts generate even a single "and 1" endorsement or agreement. Always been an aggressive homer out of touch with reality and with a substantial bias against all things Miami

Please stick to debating the merits of the argument and not attempting to belittle the other poster.

Just giving context for those caught off guard, but I'm with it.

Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#28 » by Mr Loggins » Mon May 6, 2024 8:33 pm

I like how the OP says Cleveland "gets Beal to pair with Garland" like its a positive.....

The beal contract maybe the single most distressed assett in the league. Plus, I'm pretty sure he would invoke his no trade clause and rather stay in phoenix
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,879

Post#29 » by JJ_PR » Mon May 6, 2024 9:14 pm

I stopped reading at "Beal to Cleveland".

Perhaps the worst contract in the association.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,879

Post#30 » by JJ_PR » Mon May 6, 2024 9:49 pm

I don't understand why this thread hasn't been locked. Mitchell AND Jarrett Allen for Bradley Beal? OP can't be serious, right?
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#31 » by Mr Loggins » Tue May 7, 2024 11:44 am

greg4012 wrote:
Ryreb wrote:Why is it that every trade that involves cleveland has them getting the ass end of it? What do we with a crappy ass beal with the worst contract in the league? With duncan Robinson. Who also has the worst contract in the league. These ideas are complete ass

That's kind of what happens when a team trades for a player that doesn't necessarily want to be there and there's 1 year remaining on a deal before the player leaves for nothing

not really- i think that only happens if the player kn question starts to be a team cancer (3rd of the three harden trades; Jimmy Butler to philly).

Otherwise, there often seems to be fair returns (other two Harden Trades, AD trade).

I’m sure i’m missing some scenarios’s but the above trades are what came on top of my head.

But anyway,I don’r think cavs will have to accept these pu-pu platter type of trades for a top-15 talent a full year away from free agency
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#32 » by DowJones » Tue May 7, 2024 12:40 pm

greg4012 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

This isn't fair, Greg. I like Miami. I spend plenty of time down there. Miami has my favorite ceviche restaurant. I even tolerate the traffic--unless it is during the Miami marathon. :banghead:

I know how great Miami is during the months of December, January, and February. Me arguing that Miami will be a destination city long after Riley is gone is sort of the exact opposite of someone having a "substantial" bias against "all things Miami". 8-)
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:50 pm

DowJones wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Please stick to debating the merits of the argument and not attempting to belittle the other poster.

This isn't fair, Greg. I like Miami. I spend plenty of time down there. Miami has my favorite ceviche restaurant. I even tolerate the traffic--unless it is during the Miami marathon. :banghead:

I know how great Miami is during the months of December, January, and February. Me arguing that Miami will be a destination city long after Riley is gone is sort of the exact opposite of someone having a "substantial" bias against "all things Miami". 8-)

Just a hater rationalizing a disconnect then. Got it
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#34 » by Skybox » Tue May 7, 2024 6:41 pm

Agree with most here that Beal is suddenly Zach Lavine...but shorter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#35 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:49 pm

Skybox wrote:Agree with most here that Beal is suddenly Zach Lavine...but shorter

Beal is a more capable defender than Lavine, but I'm not exaggerating when I say it's been about a decade since I've seen him lock-in defensively. He no longer has the excuse of missing the playoffs. He has to expend a lot more energy on that side of the court for the Suns to be even moderately successful and to play himself up to tradeable on that deal if they're not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#36 » by BBallFreak » Tue May 7, 2024 7:42 pm

greg4012 wrote:
DowJones wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Can you please stop? Just because he disagrees with you or doesn't value our assets like we do doesn't mean he's a hater. He and I spar all the time but he's one of my favorite posters on this board. We don't need to make this personal. It's just basketball. Relax.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:49 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Can you please stop? Just because he disagrees with you or doesn't value our assets like we do doesn't mean he's a hater. He and I spar all the time but he's one of my favorite posters on this board. We don't need to make this personal. It's just basketball. Relax.

I'm quite relaxed. Just pattern matching identified over years of activity.

What do you believe yourself to be accomplishing here?
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#38 » by DowJones » Tue May 7, 2024 9:04 pm

Beal also has a no-trade clause and I seriously doubt he waives it for Cleveland.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#39 » by BBallFreak » Tue May 7, 2024 10:09 pm

greg4012 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
greg4012 wrote:

Trying to keep you from getting suspended for attacking a poster.

Silly me.
greg4012
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by greg4012 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:19 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Can you please stop? Just because he disagrees with you or doesn't value our assets like we do doesn't mean he's a hater. He and I spar all the time but he's one of my favorite posters on this board. We don't need to make this personal. It's just basketball. Relax.

Trying to keep you from getting suspended for attacking a poster.

Silly me.

Agreed

Return to Trades and Transactions