Utah-Brooklyn-Cleveland

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,653

Re: Utah-Brooklyn-Cleveland 

Post#21 » by jayjaysee » Sat May 4, 2024 11:16 pm

Some very strong takes here.

But yeah, Brooklyn should do this and most variations.

Utah should ask for additional future picks and let Brooklyn keep their highly valued young players (since few outside of Brooklyn probably share the opinion?)

If Mitchell hasn’t demanded a trade, I’d keep him over this type of trade. Another playoff run with Mitchell with Mobley a year further developed is worth more than taking the risk on Lauri’s UFA..

If he has demanded out, I’d cut out Utah and be ready for someone else not on an expiring contract considering the pick debt.. Still have some wiggle room and can trade the 2024 first to patch around Garland/Strus/Cam/Mobley/Allen.. I’d keep the Phoenix firsts personally and be fine in the play-in if that’s all the kids do.

Let Brooklyn sub Clowney and Cam for any first Brooklyn owns except the OKC 2025 first…..and trading Niang for DFS.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,838

Post#22 » by DowJones » Sun May 5, 2024 12:06 am

babyjax13 wrote:
DowJones wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Jazz need the 2029 Mavs pick as well and then it's probably yes.

Interesting. Maybe Utah just won't trade Lauri then because those 3 picks plus Clowney is too much to ask for Lauri with 1 year left. As a Cavs fan I would probably cut Utah out if Brooklyn is willing to give up all of that--which I seriously doubt.

1) I don't attribute much value to Clowney, so just let Brooklyn keep him
2) the earliest pick being in 2027 means that the first parts of the payoff are extremely far away
3) 'too much to ask for Lauri with 1 year left' --- that's fine, we have the option to renegotiate and extend him, and I doubt he will say no considering that he would be leaving up to $24 million on the table for *next year.* If a team wants to trade for Lauri, they are going to have to offer value that is at least similar to what we'd get from an extended Lauri. If that is not on the table (and the only reason it might be is because of his low salary this season) then we will extend him and see what will happen in 2025.

I wasn't sure which direction Utah wanted to go with Lauri but I agree with keeping him. He is a good player and if he wants to extend in Utah then it's a good move for the Jazz.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#23 » by drchaos » Sun May 5, 2024 7:57 am

If Brooklyn gives up their picks and young talent in this trade for guys that can walk in two years they would be making a big mistake.

Better to keep those assets and take a big swing in the free agent market next Summer.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,628

Post#24 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:43 am

DowJones wrote:[Maybe Utah just won't trade Lauri then .

Bingo
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,088

Post#25 » by tidho » Sun May 5, 2024 4:36 pm

DowJones wrote:Cleveland Trades
-Donovan Mitchell
-Georges Niang

Cleveland Receives
-Lauri Markkanen
-Cam Johnson

Sold!
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#26 » by Decipher » Mon May 6, 2024 11:06 am

*cough*

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#27 » by SkyHook » Mon May 6, 2024 1:05 pm

Decipher wrote:*cough*

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Cam Thomas? 227th EPM in the league, just below:

Luka Garza
Dennis Schroder
Kyle Anderson
Austin Reaves
Kelly Olynyk

Borderline rotation guy on a good team, 8th man.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#28 » by louc1970 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:08 pm

Decipher wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Lol

You obviously didn’t watch the Nets play & need I remind you that Ainge dumped Mitchell for a reason

Ainge dumped Mitchell because the Jazz are terrified of trade requests and Mitchell really disliked Utah because it was offputting due to how few black people live there.

Mitchell was pretty great.

Cam Thomas is not good at all, he is very bad.

How are they different at the same age?

Same scoring, same efficiency, both suck on defence but Cam is a better passer

So Cleveland trades Mitchell to Nets for Thomas straight up?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,140

Post#29 » by jazzfan1971 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:23 pm

If Lauri won't extend I take this offer happily.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,566

Post#30 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:28 pm

On more than one occasion, I've wondered whether agents, or staff from agencies, post on here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions