If Bulls 11th Pick for Sale

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,068

If Bulls 11th Pick for Sale 

Post#1 » by Chi town » Sat May 4, 2024 11:30 pm

AK is delusional and wants to win instead of building a winner.

I would not be surprised at all to see the 11th pick shipped out for a vet that helps us win.

Bulls need shooting more than anything.

Fire away.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,649

Re: If Bulls 11th Pick for Sale 

Post#2 » by brackdan70 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:43 pm

11th pick is not too exciting in this draft.
Package it with Caruso and you might be able to get a good win now player off a tread mill team that is looking to get off the treadmill.

On its own? I don’t think you could much that would excite you.
Sign here
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,874

Post#3 » by Norm2953 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:10 am

It's supposed to be a solid draft for teams to get another Jaime Jacquez, which is a solid
contributor to a winning team. Not a draft for teams looking for a star
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,652

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 5, 2024 12:34 am

I think having Zach’s max, and lack of impact, mixed with ownerships unwillingness to pay real taxes.. ruins their ability to really build a contender around this group. So Pipfan should get his wish…

This is not a realistic/good idea but..

Mitchell and Caris to Chicago
Lavine, Coby, 11th, Portland first, 2027 first to Cleveland

But it makes a lot more sense with a third team getting a Coby and sending value to Cleveland. And no Caris.. New York or Orlando or.. maybe even a fourth team getting Lavine. It’s not a keeper.

Use the MLE on a big forward..

Or..

11th+Portland first+Ball+2027 first for Bridges? Does that work? Lavine/Bridges/Demar/Patrick/Vuc. Not a contender but arena full.

And about 10 other ideas later you end up with...

You’re at Kuzma for Ball, Carter, 11 I think and can duck the tax keeping everyone
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#5 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 1:52 am

What would the Bulls need?
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,778

Post#6 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun May 5, 2024 2:03 am

Is Lonzo Ball expected to be out again? He has had three different surgeries to repair his knee, so I assume he’s done.

Lonzo + 11
for
Bruce Brown + 31

Demar and Lavine are heavy usage offensive players…Brown would be the Caruso type of plugin, where he’s pure hustle and low usage 3&D.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#7 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 2:18 am

brackdan70 wrote:11th pick is not too exciting in this draft.
Package it with Caruso and you might be able to get a good win now player off a tread mill team that is looking to get off the treadmill.

On its own? I don’t think you could much that would excite you.

Yeah, you're looking at Lonzo and 11 for Kuzma kind of deals.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#8 » by louc1970 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:09 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think having Zach’s max, and lack of impact, mixed with ownerships unwillingness to pay real taxes.. ruins their ability to really build a contender around this group. So Pipfan should get his wish…

But it makes a lot more sense with a third team getting a Coby and sending value to Cleveland. And no Caris.. New York or Orlando or.. maybe even a fourth team getting Lavine. It’s not a keeper.

Or..

11th+Portland first+Ball+2027 first for Bridges? Does that work? Lavine/Bridges/Demar/Patrick/Vuc. Not a contender but arena full.

You’re at Kuzma for Ball, Carter, 11 I think and can duck the tax keeping everyone

I see that as a salary dump for Chicago. LeVert is gone after next year. Mitchell is not resigning with a team that has no shot at winning.
Getting rid of 3 picks for 1 year does not work.
louc1970
Senior

Post#9 » by louc1970 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:09 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I think having Zach’s max, and lack of impact, mixed with ownerships unwillingness to pay real taxes.. ruins their ability to really build a contender around this group. So Pipfan should get his wish…

Or..

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,652

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 5, 2024 12:23 pm

louc1970 wrote:

Or..

I see that as a salary dump for Chicago. LeVert is gone after next year. Mitchell is not resigning with a team that has no shot at winning.

Oh Caris means nothing.

And you don’t do any of those ideas unless you’re pretty confident in keeping Mitchell.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#11 » by Astaluego » Sun May 5, 2024 12:46 pm

Lonzo/Carter+#11+Blazers FRP for J.Grant+#14? .

alternatively I think the Bulls could turn their situation around, if they tank this year and keep their selection, the "luck" of the lottery usually favors large markets like Chicago and it is not anticipated that there are many terrible teams in principle. .
Old Mike Lorenzo
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,384

Post#12 » by pipfan » Sun May 5, 2024 2:00 pm

Kuzma for Ball/Carter/#11 could be interesting, since the Bulls won't tank/rebuild
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,940

Post#13 » by ChettheJet » Sun May 5, 2024 2:20 pm

There's delusional but more around here than in the front office at the Advocate Center.

They keep the pick if for no other reason because anybody they could possibly trade it for would put them in the luxury tax for more than a few years. Win now means resigning DeRozan, probably keeping Lavine, Caruso and resigning Williams so to get anyone means the payroll grows into the tax. I continue to be amazed that fools keep up the fairy tale that any team is going to take Lonzo to sit out, no team is so well set and safely under the tax, or doesn't care, to spend $21M on nothing.

Plus if yu're one who continually calls the ownership ultra cheap, they're going to insist on drafting a low price cost controlled rookie. You can't keep screaming, yelling and pouting about ownership and management out of two sides of your mouth.
louc1970
Senior

Post#14 » by louc1970 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:41 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Or..

Oh Caris means nothing.

And you don’t do any of those ideas unless you’re pretty confident in keeping Mitchell.

Did not see Mitchell signing on with Chicago in the deal.
The fact is neither LeVert or Mitchell would play more than 1 year in Chicago. If it requires Mitchell to extend, deal is dead.
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 910

Post#15 » by HearshotKDS » Mon May 6, 2024 3:18 am

NYG wrote:What would the Bulls need?

A meaningful future would be nice.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,384

Post#16 » by pipfan » Mon May 6, 2024 5:51 am

Plus we save a little $ (to resign DDR, PWill and Drummond) and add 2 seconds. It's not what I'd do, but it does help us be better next season (so we send SA a #12 pick in 2025)

Return to Trades and Transactions