Ayton to NOP / Ingram to Philly

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Ayton to NOP / Ingram to Philly 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 1:33 pm

New Orleans Pelicans get:
DeAndre Ayton
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram

Portland Trail Blazers get:
2028 Lower of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

-Pelicans rebalance their roster, save themselves from Ingram's next contract and add a 1st
-Philly gets their 3rd guy with plenty of cap space to spare to build a real roster.
-Blazers save a ton of money and add two picks for their troubles.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,653

Re: Ayton to NOP / Ingram to Philly 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 5, 2024 1:41 pm

This is a really strong valuation of Ayton.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,455

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 5, 2024 1:52 pm

all the picks should go to NOP
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#4 » by youngcrev » Sun May 5, 2024 2:00 pm

Wait, you think Ayton's value went up (a lot) after the season he just had?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,725

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 2:01 pm

I also think that's too much to give for BI. Not that the Pelicans get it. But 3 1sts including 2 unprotected (potentially) post prime Embiid and taking on the entire contract is a real premium for a good but far from great player with injury concerns.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,580

Post#6 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 2:29 pm

Probably hard to find an Ayton deal that pleases all parties.

I gave him a chance and I want him gone.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,653

Post#7 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:53 pm

I think cut out one of the picks going from Philly to Portland and it’s better.
If I am Philly I’d rather just use the cap space to add free agents. Ingram could be a good fit, but that next contract is possibly problematic.
I think Portland would be thrilled to get a pick to move Ayton.
I am not sure about this for NOLA either. I get the reasoning to move off Ingram, but wonder if this is the right direction.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#8 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:01 pm

Philly in Ingram, out lower of Clippers/ Philly 2028 first. An unprotected future 2nd rounder.
Portland in 2nd rounder, out Ayton
NOLA in Ayton and lower of Clippers/ Philly first, Out Ingram.

This seems a bit better to me.
Sign here
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,565

Post#9 » by Wolveswin » Sun May 5, 2024 4:10 pm

I like the concept of OP. Pels need more value.
JRoy
RealGM

Post#10 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 4:22 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Philly in Ingram, out lower of Clippers/ Philly 2028 first. An unprotected future 2nd rounder.

Pass for POR. This is giving him away for nothing.

If this is his value, better to keep him for now.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#11 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:26 pm

JRoy wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Philly in Ingram, out lower of Clippers/ Philly 2028 first. An unprotected future 2nd rounder.

Well they are completely moving off his salary taking no money back in this scenario.
Is he worth a first?
Sign here
Texas Chuck

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 4:30 pm

yeah JRoy believes Ayton is worth getting off his money and an asset. I doubt many teams actually agree with that valuation especially since he just moved for less than that and did nothing in Portland to make anyone think oh this is the guy we need.

Now if the argument was I'd try and see if I could take bad money and an asset for him, okay, but you can still do that here. Here you take the TPE and then can take on bad salary for assets if you want. Sometimes we forget making one deal doesn't preclude further deals and this is a natural set up for more.

Again, though just my opinion. Not telling anyone else Ayton isn't worth more than his contract and thus you should be able to totally get off his salary and get meaningful assets. I don't think that's possible, but that's just my opinion, man.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#13 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:33 pm

Ayton can't play with Zion. Have you seen Zion's shot chart?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/zion-williamson-shot-chart
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#14 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:39 pm

I tend to think Ayton has become a bit underrated…but he has two years and 69.5 million left on this contract. Definitely overpaid. I think he could be really worthwhile for some team, but I am not sure where that is.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#15 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:39 pm

I tend to think Ayton has become a bit underrated…but he has two years and 69.5 million left on this contract. Definitely overpaid. I think he could be really worthwhile for some team, but I am not sure where that is.
Sign here
Texas Chuck

Post#16 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 4:49 pm

brackdan70 wrote:I tend to think Ayton has become a bit underrated…but he has two years and 69.5 million left on this contract. Definitely overpaid. I think he could be really worthwhile for some team, but I am not sure where that is.

Oh I've been here. If a team gets to offset his salary by moving out some meaningful unwanted salary, I think Ayton can still be a decent starting center. I have real questions about his motivation and his willingness to play team basketball, but we saw 3 years ago what that looked like and it looked good.

Before the Gafford trade I even was working up options to pair Ayton with Lively since Dallas could afford the big contract with Lively on a rookie deal.

I just don't believe he's worth close to his contract and thus disagree with a valuation that is full salary relief plus assets. But he's not a totally useless player or anything. Just a flawed one and one you'd have to hope you could convince that his path to his next contract is not scoring 20 ppg but rather anchoring a good defense and being a lob threat.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#17 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 5:04 pm

I know it's a lot, but...

Charlotte Hornets get:
2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)
-for Nick Richards

Chicago Bulls get:
DeAndre Ayton
-for Nikola Vucevic and Jevon Carter

Nikola Vucevic
Nassir Little
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)
-for Brandon Ingram

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram
-for 2028 Lower of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick, 2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn) and 2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Phoenix Suns get:
Robert Williams III
Nick Richards
Jevon Carter
-for Jusuf Nurkic, Nassir Little, 2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick and 2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)

Jusuf Nurkic
2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick
-for Deandre Ayton and Robert Williams III
JRoy
RealGM

Post#18 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 5:06 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
JRoy wrote:

Well they are completely moving off his salary taking no money back in this scenario.
Is he worth a first?

Good question.

I would advise any buyer to beware with Ayton.
Edrees wrote:

JRoy
RealGM

Post#19 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 5:07 pm

NYG wrote:I know it's a lot, but...

Charlotte Hornets get:
2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)
-for Nick Richards

Chicago Bulls get:
DeAndre Ayton
-for Nikola Vucevic and Jevon Carter

Nikola Vucevic
Nassir Little
-for Brandon Ingram

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram
-for 2028 Lower of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick, 2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn) and 2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Phoenix Suns get:
Robert Williams III
Nick Richards
Jevon Carter
-for Jusuf Nurkic, Nassir Little, 2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick and 2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)

Jusuf Nurkic
2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick
-for Deandre Ayton and Robert Williams III

You put alot of thought into that.

Love the deal for POR.

Guess I prefer Nurks warts to Aytons.
Edrees wrote:

JRoy
RealGM

Post#20 » by JRoy » Sun May 5, 2024 5:09 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:yeah JRoy believes Ayton is worth getting off his money and an asset. I doubt many teams actually agree with that valuation especially since he just moved for less than that and did nothing in Portland to make anyone think oh this is the guy we need.

Now if the argument was I'd try and see if I could take bad money and an asset for him, okay, but you can still do that here. Here you take the TPE and then can take on bad salary for assets if you want. Sometimes we forget making one deal doesn't preclude further deals and this is a natural set up for more.

Again, though just my opinion. Not telling anyone else Ayton isn't worth more than his contract and thus you should be able to totally get off his salary and get meaningful assets. I don't think that's possible, but that's just my opinion, man.

Every criticism of Ayton is deserved.

The dream deal would be a team that sees itself as a near contender with big hole in the middle and desperate enough to convince themselves that Ayton is the solution.
Edrees wrote:

Return to Trades and Transactions