Chuck doing stupid big things Suns/Warriors/Blazers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,057

Re: Chuck doing stupid big things Suns/Warriors/Blazers 

Post#21 » by vxmike » Mon May 6, 2024 6:02 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
vxmike wrote:Too good for PHX. They get three useful players for the worst contract in the league and a couple crappy picks?

Terrible for GSW. I’d rather have the fresh corpse of Klay than the corpse of Beal three years later in the process.

Yeah the other issue is I don't think Beal is a good fit next to Curry. Part of why Steph struggled a bit at times last year was being paired with an aging player who wasn't a good defender -- e.g. Klay or Paul. Paul was good when he wasn't sharing the court with Curry though.

The talent upgrade is marginal at best, and then I'm not high on the coming Beal years considering his last 3 seasons are 53, 50, and 40 RS games played and he stunk in the playoffs against the Twolves. I do agree that the Warriors could use a 2nd ball handler/play maker to pair with Curry, but Beal didn't seem very good in that role for the Suns. Maybe I just value Beal lower than some, but the games played count is worrying to add to an old team.

Seems like a bailout for Phoenix. I know the Warriors don't have a lot of good options overall so to some extent I can understand the attempt to make a move, but I highly doubt trading expiring players for what many are calling the worst contract in the league is something that the Warriors will consider.

If GSW wants an overpaid guard I’m positive they could get Lavine for less than thus package plus Lavine is a much superior player at this stage. I’m not a fan of Lavine either fwiw.
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 935

Post#22 » by docholliday99 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:14 am

Devilanche wrote:GSW - wouldn’t they be better off declining CP3 contract (isn’t it partially non guaranteed ? Or is the guarantee too big)

- offering klay a new contract would be a lot cheaper than Beal contract.
They can then use Payton and looney to upgrade the rotation in terms of athleticism

Completely non guaranteed but will be fully guaranteed on 6/28/24. I think Klay will be resigned for something similar to what Dray received.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#23 » by gswhoops » Mon May 6, 2024 3:47 pm

Yeah this is pretty terrible for GSW. Klay at ~$20M > nothing >>>>>>>>>> Beal at $50M. If Klay walks, I'd rather just give his minutes to Moody and Podz.

Phoenix makes out like bandits; they'd be lucky to just get off Beal's contract for those two picks, let alone adding a highly productive player like Grant.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#24 » by Laimbeer » Mon May 6, 2024 7:03 pm

Why would GSW just take on what most agree is the worst contract in the league?
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,054

Post#25 » by Jester_ » Tue May 7, 2024 1:19 am

Awful trade for dubs. Paul, Payton and Looney for Beal just talent wise at this stage is meh, without even considering that fat dump of a contract
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
BayAreaDub
Junior
And1: 205

Post#26 » by BayAreaDub » Tue May 7, 2024 1:40 am

No Beal for me

Cut out the Suns and add in Time Lord. Portland down to dump Grant like this?
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 848

Post#27 » by tester551 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:45 am

BayAreaDub wrote:No Beal for me

Cut out the Suns and add in Time Lord. Portland down to dump Grant like this?

Not without the picks (ie-> Suns contribution to the trade), and not willing to add RWIII
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,743

Post#28 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 1:50 pm

okay thanks everyone. Sounds like the Warriors part is a big miss. Back to my small tax deals. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,170

Post#29 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue May 7, 2024 3:34 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Lenneth wrote:Don't think that trade is legal for Warriors.

Beal has 15% trade kicker, and that would make his salary around 58 mils. Warriors are shipping about 47 mils.
Then, I don't think Warriors would touch Beal's 3 years contract.

I don't think kicker can bring a player over the max, besides if he'll waive the NTC, he'll waive the kicker.

The problem is the Warriors don't have a center after this and Draymond gets really frustrated at the 5 in a league that is increasingly adding 7 footers.

Also, the Warriors owner certainly sounds like he intends on cutting salary.

Beal’s trade kicker was already invoked n his trade to Phoenix and has now been voided going forward. Trade kickers are a one time use thing.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,852

Post#30 » by gswhoops » Tue May 7, 2024 5:31 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:okay thanks everyone. Sounds like the Warriors part is a big miss. Back to my small tax deals. :D

The concept is good (Warriors using their somewhat limited assets to trade for a distressed older star)...Beal is just a terrible fit for our team/balance sheet.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#31 » by Coxy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:47 am

Strangely, I'd do this for the Warriors

It's the sort of swing big move that could pay off.

Steph/Podz
Beal/Klay??/Moody
Wiggins/FA x 2
Draymond/Kuminga
Trayce/FA x 2

It's not perfect, and we'd need Beal to get back to being his very very best. but I could see the Warriors brass doing it.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,124

Post#32 » by The-Power » Wed May 8, 2024 9:02 am

Beal on that contract with a NTC is just too much to swallow for me. I don't like the fit of Beal (and Beal as a winning player) either but can at least understand the hit-or-miss attitude. But that contract is beyond horrible.

Return to Trades and Transactions