NYG's Crazy 6-Team Blockbuster Trade (technically multiple deals to work cap wise)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

NYG's Crazy 6-Team Blockbuster Trade (technically multiple deals to work cap wise) 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 5:15 pm

It's technically multiple deals to work cap wise, but...

Charlotte Hornets get:
2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)
-for Nick Richards

Chicago Bulls get:
DeAndre Ayton
-for Nikola Vucevic and Jevon Carter

New Orleans Pelicans get:
Nikola Vucevic
Nassir Little
2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn)
2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)
-for Brandon Ingram

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Brandon Ingram
-for 2028 Lower of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick, 2029 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys 2 years after 2027 1st goes to Brooklyn) and 2031 Unprotected 76ers First Round Draft Pick (conveys only if 2029 1st conveys 2 years prior otherwise becomes 2031 76ers 2nd Round Draft Pick)

Phoenix Suns get:
Robert Williams III
Nick Richards
Jevon Carter
-for Jusuf Nurkic, Nassir Little, 2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick and 2028 Celtics Top 45 Protected Second Round Draft Pick (via Suns)

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Jusuf Nurkic
2028 Lower of Clippers/76ers First Round Draft Pick
2031 Unprotected Suns First Round Draft Pick
-for Deandre Ayton and Robert Williams III

Charlotte adding assets for a bench player
The Bulls "shaking it up", but still going for it
Pelicans getting a floor spacing center and a replacement with 2 1sts for Ingram instead of paying him
76ers get the best they're going to get I think for a 3rd guy
Suns get a much better fit at center, a back-up for when he misses time or needs rest and a point guard that could help the bench
Portland adds a familiar face, gets below the tax and adds assets
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,725

Re: NYG's Crazy 6-Team Blockbuster Trade (technically multiple deals to work cap wise) 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 5:19 pm

I guess I can't see the Suns using their only assets to turn Nurkic into Williams. I'm not sure that's an actual upgrade if Williams could be depended on health wise, but he absolutely cannot be depended on health wise. And I don't have Richards/Carter as meaningful additions.

Also think Philly is overpaying for BI here.

Don't mind it for everyone else.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Re: NYG's Crazy 6-Team Blockbuster Trade (technically multiple deals to work cap wise) 

Post#3 » by NYG » Sun May 5, 2024 5:24 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I guess I can't see the Suns using their only assets to turn Nurkic into Williams. I'm not sure that's an actual upgrade if Williams could be depended on health wise, but he absolutely cannot be depended on health wise. And I don't have Richards/Carter as meaningful additions.

I think the Suns are so painted into a corner, they just need bodies at this point if they don't blow it up (and ownership sounds like they're not going to) so I don't really see what else they could sell besides hoping RWIII can provide any element Nurkic couldn't, Richards can fill in when he needs rest and Carter can provide some perimeter help with Grayson. They would re-sign O'Neale and retain 22 Overall for more fresh legs on the second unit and could at least sell a deeper roster than they had at training camp last year?

I would agree on Ingram's value too, but think if they offer less then other teams could/would beat the offer. This isn't the negotiating price, this is the get it through the finish line price.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#4 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:33 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I guess I can't see the Suns using their only assets to turn Nurkic into Williams. I'm not sure that's an actual upgrade if Williams could be depended on health wise, but he absolutely cannot be depended on health wise. And I don't have Richards/Carter as meaningful additions.

You can depend on Robert Williams to be out of the league in the next 2 years and be available less than half the time until then
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,088

Post#5 » by greg4012 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:39 pm

Really hard to see why either of Charlotte or Chicago have any interest in doing this. New Orleans I guess does it just for the 2 FRPs, but I don't see adding Vuc as any sort of needle mover for the Pelicans. What are they getting there? Turning 24 mpg of Jonas at Center into 48 minutes of Jonas at center (with worse defense)?

Seems like a desperate stretch to get Philly draft capital to net Ingram.

Philly is much more likely to work with their cap space. And they def should.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#6 » by zaz102 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:52 pm

As a Sixers fan, I don't think BI is the guy. Don't think he's a great fit nor do I think he's worth the money.

I'd rather hold onto the assets, sign FAs to reasonable deal, and pull the trigger when a disgruntled, better overall and/or better fitting player inevitably wants out.

Return to Trades and Transactions