Kuz to Chi

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,384

Kuz to Chi 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Sun May 5, 2024 5:55 pm

I don't endorse this trade that someone suggested, but if the Bulls aren't going to rebuild, why not

LBall/JCarter/#11 pick for Kuzma and the '24 and '25 Suns second round picks

Wash gets a 2nd lotto pick to build with

Chi gets a solid starter who can score. Helps them "win now", which seems to be the plan.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,653

Re: Kuz to Chi 

Post#2 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 5, 2024 6:22 pm

Yeah, I threw it up due to my feeling that Chicago will refuse to rebuild and refuse to pay the tax. Kuzma represents the idea of trying to get better and is locked up on an affordable/declining contract.

I don’t endorse it or think it’s a good idea. Similar to how I believed Dallas would trade a first+ for Kuzma….

But in that post, I did say Chicago should blow it up..

jayjaysee wrote:I think having Zach’s max, and lack of impact, mixed with ownerships unwillingness to pay real taxes.. ruins their ability to really build a contender around this group. So Pipfan should get his wish

…….

And about 10 other ideas later you end up with...

You’re at Kuzma for Ball, Carter, 11 I think and can duck the tax keeping everyone

But the value works. It allows Patrick to play more at the three and Demar at the two.. You end up with a two year under the tax run and pay off your pick debt and have options the summer of 2026
Lucky Once
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#3 » by Lucky Once » Sun May 5, 2024 8:34 pm

Wizards hang up the phone.
wemby
Senior
And1: 334

Post#4 » by wemby » Sun May 5, 2024 8:39 pm

Lucky Once wrote:Wizards hang up the phone.

:lol: Of course they don't. They'd be better off gambling on someone like Holland or Collier than holding on to Kuzma.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,176

Post#5 » by Dat2U » Mon May 6, 2024 12:11 am

I don't think giving up the 11th for Kuz would fly in most years but I could see a team taking a decent starter under control on a team friendly deal over a late lottery pick In what's perceived as a historically weak draft.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,055

Post#6 » by vxmike » Mon May 6, 2024 12:28 am

Dat2U wrote:I don't think giving up the 11th for Kuz would fly in most years but I could see a team taking a decent starter under control on a team friendly deal over a late lottery pick In what's perceived as a historically weak draft.

It’s a very Bulls move.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,575

Post#7 » by nate33 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:16 pm

I think it's a reasonable offer. Leave Carter and that Suns 2025 pick out of it though. Just make it:

Kuzma + #52 pick for Ball + #11 pick.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,756

Post#8 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 6, 2024 3:18 pm

The 11th is more than it would take to dump Ball's contract, getting Kuzma with his super team friendly contract might cost you a 2nd rather than getting them back. The Wiz management seems to value Kuzma as a decently positive player though I wouldn't be hugely upset with Nate's version of it. Jevon Carter isn't worth anything to the Wiz with their current roster.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Lucky Once
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#9 » by Lucky Once » Mon May 6, 2024 3:31 pm

wemby wrote:
Lucky Once wrote:Wizards hang up the phone.

:lol: Of course they don't. They'd be better off gambling on someone like Holland or Collier than holding on to Kuzma.

I can admit I was being hyperbolic on this. I agree with nate that if you leave Carter/#52 out of the trade it's probably reasonable. That's a lot of dead money with Ball but he does expire and the Wizards are certainly in a position to take bad salary.

Return to Trades and Transactions