Heat-Sixers

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Re: Heat-Sixers 

Post#21 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 1:57 am

Arsenal wrote:Miami needs to send picks to CLE. They’re not getting Mitchell straight up for Butler.

Unless Mitchell extends, yeah we are.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#22 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon May 6, 2024 3:55 am

Yea most I would do in this situation is #16 + 2026 OKC/HOU/LAC 1st. Miami can do with those picks what they want.

There's no way in hell Jimmy is worth three 1sts right now, especially given that he never yielded anything close to that when he was younger and better.

This is all only a possibility anyway if he wants the max extension, Miami won't give it to him, and Philly will.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:12 am

BBallFreak wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Miami needs to send picks to CLE. They’re not getting Mitchell straight up for Butler.

I love how the Cavs have no say as far as where Mitchell is traded or what they'll accept in return.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,384

Post#24 » by pipfan » Mon May 6, 2024 5:55 am

I like this idea
Butler to Philly
Mitchell to Miami
Jovic/#15/#16/PReed to Clev, along with the Clip '28 unprotected 1st from Philly

Philly gets their guy
Miami gets younger
Clev (assuming Mitchell won't extend with them) adds 3 picks, 2 young bigs and saves A TON of $
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,316

Post#25 » by Sportfan73 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:17 am

BBallFreak wrote:

Mitchell is extending wherever he goes now. It will be a desired destination
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,316

Post#26 » by Sportfan73 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:19 am

I think jimmys value is somewhere in between 2 and three firsts. Trading for a 35 year old for the right to give them another 100+m extension isn’t exactly something that makes them have more value. Two firsts and a swap and seconds or something is probably where it would fall
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,305

Post#27 » by Slim Charless » Mon May 6, 2024 7:51 am

BBallFreak wrote:

No. You won't.

Nets can offer a better deal than Jimmy and his soon to be 50M dollar contract. Plus, it's in NYC where he wants to play. Jimmy is far too old to expect this wild return.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 10:20 am

Slim Charless wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

No. You won't.

Nets can offer a better deal than Jimmy and his soon to be 50M dollar contract. Plus, it's in NYC where he wants to play. Jimmy is far too old to expect this wild return.

It's not a straight Jimmy for Mitchell trade. It's a Tobias Harris and pick for Jimmy
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#29 » by PhillyNj » Mon May 6, 2024 10:34 am

vxmike wrote:Who else wants Butler is the question? I have several teams offering more.

OKC
DAL
SAS

Lol. Butler is gonna go wherever he wants to. Who pays the most doesn’t matter.
Welcome to todays NBA.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 11:22 am

PhillyNj wrote:
vxmike wrote:Who else wants Butler is the question? I have several teams offering more.

OKC
DAL
SAS

Welcome to todays NBA.
See Lillard, Dame

But in reality, if Jimmy asks out, I can't imagine he would tell us only one team. I would also imagine the Lakers would be on his list. Reaves, Rui, and three first rounders sounds like it could be a better offer than nothing and a couple of meh picks.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#31 » by DowJones » Mon May 6, 2024 11:49 am

BBallFreak wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:Unless Mitchell extends, yeah we are.

No. You won't.

It's not a straight Jimmy for Mitchell trade. It's a Tobias Harris and pick for Jimmy

No it isn’t. It is Jimmy and maybe 1 first for Mitchell. You are trying to use the Cavs to make this Butler to Philadelphia deal appetizing. If you want to trade Jimmy to Philadelphia, go ahead and do it. Just leave the Cavs out. If Mitchell becomes available, then circle back to Cleveland and talk about Tyler Herro, JJJ, and multiple unprotected first round picks.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#32 » by DowJones » Mon May 6, 2024 11:53 am

pipfan wrote:I like this idea
Butler to Philly
Mitchell to Miami
Jovic/#15/#16/PReed to Clev, along with the Clip '28 unprotected 1st from Philly

Philly gets their guy
Miami gets younger
Clev (assuming Mitchell won't extend with them) adds 3 picks, 2 young bigs and saves A TON of $

Too short for Cleveland. Cavs need JJJ in this deal. No deal like this will get done before the draft, so the Cavs are basically getting only 1 draft pick and Jovic. Easy pass.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,655

Post#33 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon May 6, 2024 12:33 pm

If Philly is sending the picks and players to get Mitchell, I gotta assume they would instead just ... take Mitchell.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#34 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 6, 2024 12:46 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:If Philly is sending the picks and players to get Mitchell, I gotta assume they would instead just ... take Mitchell.

i hate the mitchell fit with maxey though
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,528

Post#35 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon May 6, 2024 12:48 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

OKC
DAL
SAS

Welcome to todays NBA.
See Lillard, Dame

But in reality, if Jimmy asks out, I can't imagine he would tell us only one team. I would also imagine the Lakers would be on his list. Reaves, Rui, and three first rounders sounds like it could be a better offer than nothing and a couple of meh picks.

The Lakers wouldn't and shouldn't offer that for Jimmy.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 12:51 pm

DowJones wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
No. You won't.

No it isn’t. It is Jimmy and maybe 1 first for Mitchell. You are trying to use the Cavs to make this Butler to Philadelphia deal appetizing. If you want to trade Jimmy to Philadelphia, go ahead and do it. Just leave the Cavs out. If Mitchell becomes available, then circle back to Cleveland and talk about Tyler Herro, JJJ, and multiple unprotected first round picks.
I'm literally talking about a trade proposed here in this thread. Of course that make the trade more palatable. Nothing about the Philadelphia deal appeals to me. I'm on record saying that what they're offering is light.

Why the hell shouldn't we be allowed to explore expanding the trade to make it more palatable? What the hell? You may not want to admit it's a possibility that Mitchell will want out, and he may not, but coming up with a reasonable deal that might satisfy all parties under bad circumstances shouldn't be considered verboten.

If you want JJJ included we can discuss it. I'm not saying you'll get him but it's at least worth talking about. Herro? Sure, we'll keep Harris and send you Herro. If we're trading Butler for Harris, we're owed multiple first round picks so forwarding them to you isn't a problem. Since most people consider ours worthless you'll probably prefer the ones we get from Philly. No problem on my end.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 12:53 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:If Philly is sending the picks and players to get Mitchell, I gotta assume they would instead just ... take Mitchell.
Sure but the idea is that they want Jimmy. And that doesn't mean we won't add to the package to get Mitchell
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,541

Post#38 » by BK_2020 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:19 pm

We don't need a Flop 3 of Embiid, Jimmy and Lowry. Please Silver, step in and stop the Jimmy to Sixers from happening.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,813

Post#39 » by the_process » Mon May 6, 2024 1:25 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

OKC
DAL
SAS

Welcome to todays NBA.
See Lillard, Dame

Lakers aren't giving you all that, though.

This is only out there because Jimmy is trying to pressure Pat into one last payday. So it's about Miami not wanting to pay him. If that's the case, then they could use him as part of a deal for whoever and then that 3rd team works out something with Philly.

Proposal:

DET gets Tobias (S&T 3-90)
MIA gets Lillard
MIL gets Rozier, Hield (S&T 3-45), 2026 OKC/LAC/HOU 1st, 2029 MIA 1st, and 2030 MIN 2nd via DET
PHI gets Butler
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 1:32 pm

the_process wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:Lol. Butler is gonna go wherever he wants to. Who pays the most doesn’t matter.
Welcome to todays NBA.
See Lillard, Dame

Lakers aren't giving you all that, though.

This is only out there because Jimmy is trying to pressure Pat into one last payday. So it's about Miami not wanting to pay him. If that's the case, then they could use him as part of a deal for whoever and then that 3rd team works out something with Philly.

Proposal:

DET gets Tobias (S&T 3-90)
MIA gets Lillard
MIL gets Rozier, Hield (S&T 3-45), 2026 OKC/LAC/HOU 1st, 2029 MIA 1st, and 2030 MIN 2nd via DET
PHI gets Butler
Dame isn't worth that.

Return to Trades and Transactions