New idea: Miami-New York-Cleveland-Orlando

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 494

New idea: Miami-New York-Cleveland-Orlando 

Post#1 » by _GH0ST_ » Mon May 6, 2024 4:22 pm

Miami in: Donovan Mitchell and OG Anunoby (S&T)
Miami out: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro, Nikola Jovic, #15 and 2029 FRP

New York in: Jimmy Butler
New York out: OG Anunoby, 2025 FRP

Cleveland in: WCJ, Nikola Jovic, #15, 2025 Knicks FRP and 2029 Heat FRP
Cleveland out: Donovan Mitchell

Orlando in: Tyler Herro
Orlando out: WCJ

Why for Miami: Broke out of Jimmy's timeline and built a longer-term team.

Why for New York: The Knicks look solid when Anunoby is healthy but Jimmy Butler makes the Knicks an instant contender. With Tim and Jimmy's great relationship, I'm sure Playoff Jimmy will be there.

Why for Cleveland: WCJ and Jovic are young bigs who can shoot. They will be compatible with Mobley and Allen. +3 FRP

Why for Orlando: Herro is a cheap option to the guard problem. Looks like he won't be a problem for Orlando until the last year of his contract. Even though he's 23 years old, he has tons of playoffs and finals experience.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Re: New idea: Miami-New York-Cleveland-Orlando 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:29 pm

I appreciate the fact that Herro is finally going somewhere besides Cleveland, but the idea that three young EC playoff teams are going to break up what's working and help the Heat extend their window for cheap strikes me as wishcasting.

Value aside, these are your competitors. They're not looking to do Miami any favors.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 494

Post#3 » by _GH0ST_ » Mon May 6, 2024 4:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I appreciate the fact that Herro is finally going somewhere besides Cleveland, but the idea that three young EC playoff teams are going to break up what's working and help the Heat extend their window for cheap strikes me as wishcasting.

Value aside, these are your competitors. They're not looking to do Miami any favors.

This is a deal that benefits every team. It makes the Knicks instant contenders. Orlando is getting a scoring guard very cheaply. Donovan isn't going to re-sign anyway and this package isn't bad at all.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 6, 2024 4:58 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I appreciate the fact that Herro is finally going somewhere besides Cleveland, but the idea that three young EC playoff teams are going to break up what's working and help the Heat extend their window for cheap strikes me as wishcasting.

This is a deal that benefits every team. It makes the Knicks instant contenders. Orlando is getting a scoring guard very cheaply. Donovan isn't going to re-sign anyway and this package isn't bad at all.
New York probably wouldn't want to trade OG for Jimmy. They may want to acquire Jimmy but I imagine you hit on one of two or three guys not on the table.

The Cleveland return honestly feels close to me. Sorry Cavs fans, but I believe Mitchell has the leverage. For what it's worth I hope he decides to stay put in Cleveland though. I don't really want him and he works well for you guys.

The Orlando portion of the deal seems about right and has been discussed - a late first rounder, WCJ, and space for Herro.

This needs work and probably a bit more consideration for what players teams value.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#5 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 6, 2024 5:24 pm

Id pass. would rather have WCJ than Herro, and would rather just sign Monk or even D-lo. Herro would be really low on my trade target list TBH. Id look for a better player on the trade market even if it meant giving up more/better assets.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,657

Post#6 » by brackdan70 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:37 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:Miami in: Donovan Mitchell and OG Anunoby (S&T)
Miami out: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro, Nikola Jovic, #15 and 2029 FRP

New York in: Jimmy Butler
New York out: OG Anunoby, 2025 FRP

Cleveland in: WCJ, Nikola Jovic, #15, 2025 Knicks FRP and 2029 Heat FRP
Cleveland out: Donovan Mitchell

Orlando in: Tyler Herro
Orlando out: WCJ

Why for Miami: Broke out of Jimmy's timeline and built a longer-term team.

Why for New York: The Knicks look solid when Anunoby is healthy but Jimmy Butler makes the Knicks an instant contender. With Tim and Jimmy's great relationship, I'm sure Playoff Jimmy will be there.

Why for Cleveland: WCJ and Jovic are young bigs who can shoot. They will be compatible with Mobley and Allen. +3 FRP

Why for Orlando: Herro is a cheap option to the guard problem. Looks like he won't be a problem for Orlando until the last year of his contract. Even though he's 23 years old, he has tons of playoffs and finals experience.

Wow. Quite a shuffle.
I think mostly value is Ok but I don’t like this for the Knicks. I think they are better off standing pat.
Sign here
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,858

Post#7 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 6:36 pm

I can see our FO being interested in Jimmy...but I can't see them giving up OG to reunite Thibs & Jimmy. Can see them trying to facilitate a Mitchell to Miami deal using Bogey + Robinson + DiVincenzo/Hart/McBride to make the cap math work, but not OG. Not for a 34yo Jimmy.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#8 » by orlando_joe » Mon May 6, 2024 6:46 pm

i dont see magic interested in this rather have the guy with contract that takes in consideration for missing games..not overpaid guy thats hurt all the time
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#9 » by Mr Loggins » Mon May 6, 2024 8:24 pm

good deal for Miami for sure. I don't see why Cleveland does the deal though. If they have to trade Mitchell, there will be better offers out there
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,088

Post#10 » by tidho » Mon May 6, 2024 10:45 pm

Couple notes:

NY are already contenders, and i don't see any reason they'd want to disrupt what's working to do something like this.

Seems like ORL would want to consolidate their guards, not trade big for small.

This isn't horrible value for CLE. It would be a little disappointing if there isn't a singular asset coming back for Mitchell that isn't better than what's here though.
Ryreb
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#11 » by Ryreb » Tue May 7, 2024 12:31 am

I’ll just say it for all cavs fans. Please stop giving the cavs the crappy end of these trade ideas. They wont just give him away without a all star level player coming back. Thank you
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,943

Post#12 » by LarsV8 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:34 am

tidho wrote:Couple notes:

NY are already contenders, and i don't see any reason they'd want to disrupt what's working to do something like this.

This isn't horrible value for CLE. It would be a little disappointing if there isn't a singular asset coming back for Mitchell that isn't better than what's here though.

New York isnt a contender.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:10 am

tidho wrote:Couple notes:

It's pretty bad. Mitchell basically willed the Cavs to a seven-game win. There just aren't many players able to pull that off. If the Pelicans are willing to swap Ingram for WCJ and cap space, it gets a lot better. Even if we have to re-route one of those crappy picks to them.

I'm reconciled with the reality that we might not get the SF we'll need out of the Mitchell trade, but we really should get assets that might allow us to get that SF sometime within a couple years afterwards. It's why I favor what the Nets have to offer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#14 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 7, 2024 1:27 am

Im really the first one to point out this trade is illegal?

1) cant do sign and trade with this years pick
2) sign and trade hardcaps the heats at the first apron which they are over already

Return to Trades and Transactions