Jimmy Butler trade value

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Re: Jimmy Butler trade value 

Post#41 » by SNPA » Tue May 7, 2024 2:17 am

Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:So…

Barnes, Huerter, Lyles, Sasha, 13th, 2027 top 4 protected, 2029 top 4 protected

Dump Barnes and/or Huerter on Detroit or some other team

Would Sac pay that kind of tax starting in year one?

Sabonis/Butler/Murray/Monk/Fox

Riley doesn’t typically want picks. And giving up a 2029 pick for a 35 year old Jimmy in 2024 is reckless.

I agree he could be valuable for Sac for a couple years but I don’t want to see much value laid out beyond the 2-3 seasons he’d be in Sac. Trade 13, no problem…2027 if you have to (probably would) but not 2029. Sac would need a likely need a third team.

I’m giving that pick and 2031 as well if it means we get to run a Fox,Keegan, Butler, Sabonis four man core for 2-3 years

Why give up everything for 35 yr old Butler? If Sac is making that level offer there are other targets.
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,681

Post#42 » by Jkam31 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:36 am

SNPA wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
SNPA wrote:Riley doesn’t typically want picks. And giving up a 2029 pick for a 35 year old Jimmy in 2024 is reckless.

I agree he could be valuable for Sac for a couple years but I don’t want to see much value laid out beyond the 2-3 seasons he’d be in Sac. Trade 13, no problem…2027 if you have to (probably would) but not 2029. Sac would need a likely need a third team.

Would you do Murray + fillers (and maybe 13) for butler?

No. No way Murray should be included, which may kill any deal in the cradle.

I’d include Murray if Miami sends Jaime back
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#43 » by Jkam31 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:40 am

SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Riley doesn’t typically want picks. And giving up a 2029 pick for a 35 year old Jimmy in 2024 is reckless.

I’m giving that pick and 2031 as well if it means we get to run a Fox,Keegan, Butler, Sabonis four man core for 2-3 years

Why give up everything for 35 yr old Butler? If Sac is making that level offer there are other targets.

Giving up future picks to get 3-4 year championship run easy to pull the trigger. Yes he’s 35 but he won’t be carrying a heavy load especially in The regular season fox would still the number one scorer and Sabonis the facilitator. On defense he still wouldn’t carry the load with ellis and Murray’s being elite defenders. You do anything to get that 2-3 year window if you’re keeping Fox, Murray, and Sabonis
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,608

Post#44 » by Devilanche » Tue May 7, 2024 4:42 am

Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Giving up future picks to get 3-4 year championship run easy to pull the trigger. Yes he’s 35 but he won’t be carrying a heavy load especially in The regular season fox would still the number one scorer and Sabonis the facilitator. On defense he still wouldn’t carry the load with ellis and Murray’s being elite defenders. You do anything to get that 2-3 year window if you’re keeping Fox, Murray, and Sabonis

I don’t think that run would involve a finals appearance.

Conference finals maybe .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Post#45 » by SNPA » Tue May 7, 2024 5:38 am

Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

Contender window, I get it. There’s just a lot of other players Sac should make an all-in offer for before getting to 35 yr old Butler IMO.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#46 » by Ell Curry » Tue May 7, 2024 6:07 am

SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Why give up everything for 35 yr old Butler? If Sac is making that level offer there are other targets.

Contender window, I get it. There’s just a lot of other players Sac should make an all-in offer for before getting to 35 yr old Butler IMO.

I'm not sure Fox and Sabonis will age particularly well, unless they improve their shooting (which they might, done it before, particularly in Fox's case and he's the younger one). I think their window is maybe another 4-5 years, so getting Butler for the first 2-3 years of it and sending some picks and then doing it again once more (or nailing whatever pick they have left during that time) isn't crazy if they're really looking to make a deep run.

At least there's a chance Butler has a crazy playoff run and Fox-Keegan-Butler-Sabonis as a core 4 gets to a conference finals.
Where's the D?
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#47 » by Jkam31 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:50 am

SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:
SNPA wrote:Why give up everything for 35 yr old Butler? If Sac is making that level offer there are other targets.

How many all star player can we get without giving up our core three? Don’t see anyone maybe Jaylen Brown if they flame out but they’d still require Murray to outbid other teams
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#48 » by Jkam31 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:52 am

Devilanche wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

I don’t think that run would involve a finals appearance.

Conference finals maybe .

I think you’re underestimating Murray and Fox as well as Keon Ellis improving

Ell Curry wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

I'm not sure Fox and Sabonis will age particularly well, unless they improve their shooting (which they might, done it before, particularly in Fox's case and he's the younger one). I think their window is maybe another 4-5 years, so getting Butler for the first 2-3 years of it and sending some picks and then doing it again once more (or nailing whatever pick they have left during that time) isn't crazy if they're really looking to make a deep run.

At least there's a chance Butler has a crazy playoff run and Fox-Keegan-Butler-Sabonis as a core 4 gets to a conference finals.

Ya and Fox brings it in the playoffs he went toe to toe with curry with a broken finger id take my chance with two guys that elevate there games in the playoffs

SNPA wrote:
Jkam31 wrote:

How many all star player can we get without giving up our core three? Don’t see anyone maybe Jaylen Brown if they flame out but they’d still require Murray to outbid other teams
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 494

Post#49 » by _GH0ST_ » Tue May 7, 2024 9:02 am

If Butler is going to leave, it will be in exchange for a really good player. Pat Riley said Heat would never blow it up. The Sixers and Kings have no chance of acquiring Butler in exchange for insignificant rotation players and a few worthless draft picks. If there is no good offer, Miami will let Butler go in the summer of 2025.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,655

Post#50 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue May 7, 2024 12:24 pm

Calling unprotected and lightly protected picks worthless isn’t exactly a way to make yourself convincing.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#51 » by BBallFreak » Tue May 7, 2024 12:26 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Calling unprotected picks worthless isn’t exactly a way to make yourself convincing.
Heat fans hear that all the time.

But I disagree with my fellow Heat fan on this. Three way deals are a thing.
_GH0ST_
Junior

Post#52 » by _GH0ST_ » Tue May 7, 2024 1:38 pm

If your picks are really valuable, you need to turn it into a three-team trade and bring a star to Miami. The Heat's front office isn't going to do something like Phila trading Harden and accumulating assets for another star. They never did anything like this. Not their style.
HartfordWhalers

Post#53 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:If your picks are really valuable, you need to turn it into a three-team trade and bring a star to Miami. The Heat's front office isn't going to do something like Phila trading Harden and accumulating assets for another star. They never did anything like this. Not their style.

It is absolutely fair to say Miami would be looking for a 3 teamer and help now. It comes across as juvenile to say picks are worthless, the linguistic distinction helps create a path towards better deals instead of just fans flaming each other with hyperbolic statements.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#54 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 7, 2024 3:12 pm

I kind of like a lauri to heats, jimmy to philly and picks to utah trade
_GH0ST_
Junior

Post#55 » by _GH0ST_ » Tue May 7, 2024 3:13 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
_GH0ST_ wrote:If your picks are really valuable, you need to turn it into a three-team trade and bring a star to Miami. The Heat's front office isn't going to do something like Phila trading Harden and accumulating assets for another star. They never did anything like this. Not their style.

It is absolutely fair to say Miami would be looking for a 3 teamer and help now. It comes across as juvenile to say picks are worthless, the linguistic distinction helps create a path towards better deals instead of just fans flaming each other with hyperbolic statements.

It is not possible for the team with Embiid, Maxey and Butler to have a bad regular season in the east. The Sixers' picks are definitely not interesting. The 2028 Clippers alone don't interest me. There is nothing wrong here. GSW or Lakers picks are definitely more valuable.

Many posts on your Sixers board say Butler doesn't even deserve a FRP lol
HartfordWhalers

Post#56 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue May 7, 2024 3:40 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

It is not possible for the team with Embiid, Maxey and Butler to have a bad regular season in the east. The Sixers' picks are definitely not interesting. The 2028 Clippers alone don't interest me. There is nothing wrong here. GSW or Lakers picks are definitely more valuable.

Yeah, I guess we are back to unprotected picks are worthless, and posts saying the same are pretty similar.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,655

Post#57 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 7, 2024 4:00 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

I don’t understand why the Clippers picks are less valuable than the Lakers or Warriors?

Warriors at least own all their future picks and have TJD/Kuminga/Podz..

AD is younger than Leonard, healthier than Leonard.. And the Lakers only own two firsts, so they can be active in trades. Maybe if they give LBJ an extra 3 year max they compare to the Clips? But right now they look primed to retool in 2026.

Clips have no year where they own their own first and can reset. They can either let their old stars walk and give OKC a lottery pick or keep their old stars and give Philly a great pick.
Jkam31
Head Coach

Post#58 » by Jkam31 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XHl6MkQyOm3Zbk1mBBrooA

Philadelphia literally has nobody to offer so take them off would NO want butler over say Dejuante Murray and picks? Brooklyn has Cam to offer but his contract isn’t that great so I think Sacramento can get it done with Huerter, Barnes, Mitchell and unprotected picks (2027 and 2031). Theee rotational players plus that will expire after next season plus picks is a good offer
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#59 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:23 pm

jayjaysee wrote:So…

Barnes, Huerter, Lyles, Sasha, 13th, 2027 top 4 protected, 2029 top 4 protected

Dump Barnes and/or Huerter on Detroit or some other team

Would Sac pay that kind of tax starting in year one?

Sabonis/Butler/Murray/Monk/Fox

Heat would most likely prefer Mitchell over Sasha. At least I would.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,291

Post#60 » by BBallFreak » Tue May 7, 2024 4:25 pm

Jkam31 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=XHl6MkQyOm3Zbk1mBBrooA

Philadelphia literally has nobody to offer so take them off would NO want butler over say Dejuante Murray and picks? Brooklyn has Cam to offer but his contract isn’t that great so I think Sacramento can get it done with Huerter, Barnes, Mitchell and unprotected picks (2027 and 2031). Theee rotational players plus that will expire after next season plus picks is a good offer
That Sacramento trade isn't remotely interesting. We're going to want a player with some value.

Return to Trades and Transactions