Knicks - Nets - Kings

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Knicks - Nets - Kings 

Post#1 » by LightTheBeam » Mon May 6, 2024 6:45 pm

Knicks out: Randle, 2024 Knicks 1st, 2025 Washington 1st, 2026 Knicks 1st,
Knicks in: Mikal, Sasha Vezenkov

Nets out: Mikal, DFS
Nets in: Huerter, Barnes, #13, 2024 Knicks 1st, 2025 Washington 1st, 2026 Knicks 1st, 2027 Kings 1st

Kings out: Huerter, Barnes, Sasha, #13, 2027 Kings 1st
Kings in: Randle, DFS

Note: Sasha could be routed to the nets, or swapped out with an expiring Duarte if neither team wants him.

Why for Knicks? This team is good. Really good. Finish re-uniting the Villanova boys together. Bridges fits seamlessly in the rotation and adds another guy who works with the culture.
Brunson - Bridges - Hart - OG - Hartenstein
Mcbride - DDV - Bojan - Sasha - Robinson

Why for Nets? Cash in on Bridges with 5 1st round picks. The team enters into a true rebuild, Jordi gets a few familiar vets as he looks to build his team.

Why for Sac? Randle is a big upgrade to Barnes. DFS adds another reliable defensive wing.
Fox - Keon - Murray - Randle - Sabonis
Mitchell - Monk* - DFS - Lyles
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,576

Re: Knicks - Nets - Kings 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:54 pm

If Mitchell and Lauri extend, this a really solid return for the Nets. If they don't, then teaming Bridges with one or both of them is probably the plan A.

I hate this for the Kings. I think Sabonis and Randle in the same frontcourt is a recipe for disaster. Mikal should be the Kings target here, and if it costs Murray, just do it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#3 » by LightTheBeam » Mon May 6, 2024 7:25 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If Mitchell and Lauri extend, this a really solid return for the Nets. If they don't, then teaming Bridges with one or both of them is probably the plan A.

I hate this for the Kings. I think Sabonis and Randle in the same frontcourt is a recipe for disaster. Mikal should be the Kings target here, and if it costs Murray, just do it.

Of course my preference would be Bridges, I just don't see Kings with the assets (without giving Murray) to make that happen. Realistically I think Murray will reach/surpass Bridges. Defensively he rated very well last year, offensively year 2 Murray was pretty similar to Bridges year 4. Swapping those 2 may improve us slightly in the short term, but long term doesn't raise our ceiling much.

The goal needs to be adding to Fox - Keegan - Sabonis. There's not really a perfect fit anywhere. Sabonis can't really be relied upon to be a go to scorer, Randle slides into the #2 scoring role. Not perfect fits, but certainly Barnes isn't either. We've seen Randle capable of being involved in some high level Knicks defenses without being a liability.

If my alternative is Grant, I'd take Randle who feels like the better player.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,768

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 6, 2024 7:40 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:If my alternative is Grant, I'd take Randle who feels like the better player.

Don't forget future King, Kyle Kuzma. :D

I still don't understand where the Kings were on Siakam. Too afraid he wouldn't re-sign? They could have exceeded that Pacers offer and while he's not perfect either of the guys who are realistically available he was the best option.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,627

Post#5 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon May 6, 2024 7:46 pm

I don’t think there’s any reasonable scenario where Brooklyn sends Bridges to the Knicks.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,863

Post#6 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 7:52 pm

Somebody has to help Jalen create.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#7 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 7:53 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
LightTheBeam wrote:If my alternative is Grant, I'd take Randle who feels like the better player.

I still don't understand where the Kings were on Siakam. Too afraid he wouldn't re-sign? They could have exceeded that Pacers offer and while he's not perfect either of the guys who are realistically available he was the best option.

Philly is the team I still don't get not going after Siakam. I know he's not a great shooter but he & Embiid would be perfectly fine together...and when Embiid wasn't on the a court a Maxey-Siakam 2-man game could actually do damage.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Mon May 6, 2024 9:52 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Yes again lol. If my choices are Kuzma/Grant/Randle, It's not much of a choice. I'm taking Randle without blinking.

From my understanding it was
1. A fear he wouldn't resign (could be bs but right after they said Indy was his preferred destination)
2. I'm not sure we could have beat the offer. At the time our offer was basically Barnes + Huerter + 2026/2027 1st + 2028/2029 1st. Does that beat what Indiana offered?

Edit #3. Seemed they also were dead set on us including Keegan. Funny how that works. At least that was the report and we wouldn't include him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Mon May 6, 2024 9:54 pm

cgf wrote:Somebody has to help Jalen create.

I have the sums of the Villanova crew as better than the individual pieces. They seem to have a real chemistry. Brunson is the obvious #1 and then #2-5 is a collection and can change on any given night OG, Bridges, DDV, Hart.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,318

Post#10 » by SNPA » Mon May 6, 2024 9:55 pm

Really dislike this for Sac, even if the firsts are taken out.
cgf
RealGM

Post#11 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 10:57 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
cgf wrote:Somebody has to help Jalen create.

I have the sums of the Villanova crew as better than the individual pieces. They seem to have a real chemistry. Brunson is the obvious #1 and then #2-5 is a collection and can change on any given night OG, Bridges, DDV, Hart.

Jalen just needs more help than that. Love the nova boys, but Brunson's the only reliable creator from that group. There's a reason Jalen's efficiency drops signicantly without Randle next to him. Yes Jalen & Julius have really good chemistry and getting to play off Ju, Jalen gets to take advantage off his offball game more...but it's also because Jalen needs a second creator out there in the half court.

LosBreezy
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#12 » by LosBreezy » Tue May 7, 2024 2:30 am

THIS IS AWFULLLL FOR SAC HOLY ****. So they give up 2 of their starters, 2 first rounders (1 unprotected in 27!) and they get back fkn RANDLE???? :lol: :lol: :lol: . This has to be a troll post. A Randle/Sabonis front court pairing??? I just threw up twice. DFS does not make up for that awful pairing. And where do u start Keegan? At shooting guard?? This is clearly an absolute heist for NY.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#13 » by LightTheBeam » Tue May 7, 2024 7:26 am

I'm truly shocked that Kings fans don't like this.

Yes let's keep rolling out Barnes + Huerter, because Julius Randle and his 25-9-5 is awful.

We deserve to overpay for kyle kuzma lol
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,768

Post#14 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 1:39 pm

LosBreezy wrote:THIS IS AWFULLLL FOR SAC HOLY ****. So they give up 2 of their starters, 2 first rounders (1 unprotected in 27!) and they get back fkn RANDLE???? :lol: :lol: :lol: . This has to be a troll post. A Randle/Sabonis front court pairing??? I just threw up twice. DFS does not make up for that awful pairing. And where do u start Keegan? At shooting guard?? This is clearly an absolute heist for NY.

Dial back the rhetoric please. Just because you don't like an idea doesn't make it trolling.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions