Jimmy Butler to Philly.... or is it Donovan Mitchell to Miami?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Jimmy Butler to Philly.... or is it Donovan Mitchell to Miami? 

Post#1 » by NYG » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 am

Cleveland Cavaliers get:
Tyler Herro
Lowest of Thunder/Clippers/Rockers 2026 First Round Draft Pick
Earlier of Clippers/76ers 2028 First Round Draft Pick
Unprotected 2030 Philadelphia 76ers First Round Draft Pick
Unprotected 2030 Miami Heat First Round Draft Pick

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler

Note: This assumes Mitchell refuses to re-sign

-Cavaliers add 4 1sts and a replacement guard. I think 4 1sts beats everyone besides Brooklyn and then Nets wouldn't be including a player as good as Tyler Herro most likely.

-Miami resets financially by dumping Butler outright and resets their timeline by pairing Bam/Mitchell with more flexibility.

-Philadelphia/Morey desperately try to keep Embiid happy with probably the only star that shakes loose for them this off-season.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,275

Re: Jimmy Butler to Philly.... or is it Donovan Mitchell to Miami? 

Post#2 » by Hoops23 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:21 am

Thats too much for Mitchell.
Jimmy and Herro is worth more than Mitchell, much more if Miami includes their 2030 FRP

Stop making horrible trade for Miami, you always do. Stop the hate
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#3 » by NYG » Tue May 7, 2024 3:30 am

Cleveland Cavaliers get:
Austin Reaves
Jett Howard

Los Angeles Lakers get:
Wendell Carter Jr.

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Orlando Magic get:
Tyler Herro

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,896

Post#4 » by giberish » Tue May 7, 2024 3:32 am

I was thinking this was too good for Miami. Given the age difference, I think there's a significant value difference between Butler and Mitchell and I wouldn't really value Herro over cap space.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,728

Post#5 » by toooskies » Tue May 7, 2024 3:17 pm

Mitchell says no. Miami isn't on his destination list if they trade one of Butler or Bam.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,088

Post#6 » by tidho » Tue May 7, 2024 3:48 pm

toooskies wrote:Mitchell says no. Miami isn't on his destination list if they trade one of Butler or Bam.

He doesn't get a say. MIA simply needs to be aware of the risk. Given the Knicks aren't an option anymore, it certainly wouldn't shock me if he were ultimately ok with setting up shop in MIA.

NYG wrote:Cleveland Cavaliers get:
Austin Reaves
Jett Howard

Los Angeles Lakers get:
Wendell Carter Jr.

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Orlando Magic get:
Tyler Herro

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler

This is probably a little better for CLE than the OP. Still is going to be difficult to swallow a deal with the best player coming back for Mitchell is Reaves. I like the inclusion of a potentially high-end young guy like Jett though - difficult to evaluate him given he played so little.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,655

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 7, 2024 3:52 pm

Austin Reaves
Jett Howard

Los Angeles Lakers get:
Wendell Carter Jr.

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Orlando Magic get:
Tyler Herro

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler

I would try to take out LAL here..

Butler to Philly
Mitchell and WCJ to Miami
Herro to Orlando
15th and Philly picks to Cleveland

Miami can start Bam/WCJ//Mitchell with two of Martin/Robinson/JJJ.

Cleveland can go shopping for any player making less than Mitchell, but can wait til midseason. Okoro/Caris can start the year and see how Garland/Mobley do trusted with more work.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:58 pm

If Tyler Herro is the centerpiece of a Mitchell trade, I'm very comfortable running it back, dumping Niang on non-playoff team, and taking advantage of Mobley's cap hold in the summer of 2025.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,840

Post#9 » by DowJones » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
Austin Reaves
Jett Howard

Los Angeles Lakers get:
Wendell Carter Jr.

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Orlando Magic get:
Tyler Herro

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler

Butler to Philly
Herro to Orlando

Cleveland can go shopping for any player making less than Mitchell, but can wait til midseason. Okoro/Caris can start the year and see how Garland/Mobley do trusted with more work.

I just don’t see how Brooklyn doesn’t put Cam and 2 of the PHX picks on the table to easily beat this offer. Or LA puts Reaves/Rui/2029 and 2031 unprotected first rounders on the table.

Furthermore, I want to see what draft compensation Philly actually wants to give up. They don’t have many high upside first rounders.

If the best offer for Mitchell really is a few firsts in the 15-25 range, I am ok with taking it into the season. Maybe the Cavs impress with a new coaching staff. Maybe the Knicks put OG on the table. Maybe Brooklyn decides they are ready to make the PHX picks available. Heck, if Mitchell really wants Miami then the Cavs can do a sign and trade in the summer of 2025 and get something in return.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 176

Post#10 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:11 pm

toooskies wrote:Mitchell says no. Miami isn't on his destination list if they trade one of Butler or Bam.

Mitchell's destination is one that has multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Everyone wants to say NYK/Brooklyn. Yes playing at home would be nice but winning is much more important.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:19 pm

louc1970 wrote:

Mitchell's destination is one that has multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Everyone wants to say NYK/Brooklyn. Yes playing at home would be nice but winning is much more important.

Then he should probably stay put exactly where he is.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,428

Post#12 » by Mr Loggins » Tue May 7, 2024 4:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Then he should probably stay put exactly where he is.

yup, Brunson exploding and Brooklyn imploding has really helped the cavs chances at keeping him.

Axing JB for a competent coach would help as well
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,655

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 7, 2024 5:00 pm

DowJones wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:
Austin Reaves
Jett Howard

Los Angeles Lakers get:
Wendell Carter Jr.

Miami Heat get:
Donovan Mitchell

Orlando Magic get:
Tyler Herro

Philadelphia 76ers get:
Jimmy Butler

Butler to Philly
Herro to Orlando

I just don’t see how Brooklyn doesn’t put Cam and 2 of the PHX picks on the table to easily beat this offer. Or LA puts Reaves/Rui/2029 and 2031 unprotected first rounders on the table.

Furthermore, I want to see what draft compensation Philly actually wants to give up. They don’t have many high upside first rounders.

If the best offer for Mitchell really is a few firsts in the 15-25 range, I am ok with taking it into the season. Maybe the Cavs impress with a new coaching staff. Maybe the Knicks put OG on the table. Maybe Brooklyn decides they are ready to make the PHX picks available. Heck, if Mitchell really wants Miami then the Cavs can do a sign and trade in the summer of 2025 and get something in return.

I know the Phoenix firsts are the flavor of week, but the 2028/2029 Clipper firsts that Philly owns are my most valuable picks IMO. They will have a very tough retool and will likely just be trying to steal free agents every offseason from 2026-2028 as they will never have a chance to reset the roster with their own pick… 2029 Philly first having the better of LAC option..
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,541

Post#14 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:01 pm

louc1970 wrote:

Ok then why is he going to Miami
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,728

Post#15 » by toooskies » Tue May 7, 2024 5:06 pm

louc1970 wrote:

I mean, that's my point. Miami simply doesn't have multiple years of great opportunity to win the championship. Playoff Jimmy is like 75% of the reason people consider Miami a contender even though their talent level has taken them to the play-in two years in a row.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 557

Post#16 » by PhillyNj » Tue May 7, 2024 5:27 pm

Sixers aren’t trading 2 FRP’s for a 50 mil per year Jimmy.
The Heat gave up far less 5 years ago when he got traded to the Heat. He’s worth WAY LESS now than he was than!
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,541

Post#17 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:38 pm

PhillyNj wrote:Sixers aren’t trading 2 FRP’s for a 50 mil per year Jimmy.
The Heat gave up far less 5 years ago when he got traded to the Heat. He’s worth WAY LESS now than he was than!

That was a sign and trade.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:41 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Thats too much for Mitchell.
Jimmy and Herro is worth more than Mitchell, much more if Miami includes their 2030 FRP

Stop making horrible trade for Miami, you always do. Stop the hate

If you honestly believe that Herro is worth a lot, you should post a best offers for Herro thread. The Heat did that in real like last summer and they're very likely to be asked to do it again this summer if they want to trade for Mitchell.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
louc1970
Senior

Post#19 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:44 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Because a team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Mitchell, a solid PF is a good group that can win.

I think Cleveland is a great place to stay but only if Garland is traded for a good shooting SF.

I don’t see either NY team being there.
louc1970
Senior

Post#20 » by louc1970 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:45 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
louc1970 wrote:

Because a team of Adebayo, Jaquez, Herro, Robinson, Mitchell, a solid PF is a good group that can win.

I think Cleveland is a great place to stay but only if Garland is traded for a good shooting SF.

I don’t see either NY team being there.

Return to Trades and Transactions