MEM/LAL/BKN

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 703

MEM/LAL/BKN 

Post#1 » by kds92 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:59 am

Sending Mikal to the Grizzlies.

MEM In: Mikal, Vincent, Wood, #17
MEM Out: Smart, Kennard, #7, 2026 1st (unprotected)
Grizzlies get a great fit and a backup PG. They'd be a center away from being a top contender (if they can stay healthy).

LAL In: Smart
LAL Out: Vincent, JHS, Wood, Reddish, #17, 2029 1st (unprotected)
Lakers upgrade from Vincent to Smart and still have assets to make a move like getting a center next to AD.

BKN In: Kennard, JHS, Wood, Reddish, #7, 2026 MEM 1st, 2029 LAL 1st (both unprotected)
BKN Out: Mikal
Nets get 3 firsts, a middling prospect, and expirings for Bridges. Good haul and they free up more cap space in 2025.
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 210

Re: MEM/LAL/BKN 

Post#2 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 4:19 am

Nets won’t do it unless we get #1 and Memphis cuts out LA and keeps Smart.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,456

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 7, 2024 4:45 am

Smart is not worth this much
QMemphis
Junior

Post#4 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 4:52 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Smart is not worth this much

I can tell you for certain nothing on Lakers team interest me especially not that poo poo platter that’s in this deal. We not trying to turn dollars into cents.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Tue May 7, 2024 4:53 am

Wow, interesting evaluation of Smart.

I don't think Smart can fetch an Unprotected pick.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,193

Post#6 » by Colbinii » Tue May 7, 2024 4:54 am

QMemphis wrote:

I can tell you for certain nothing on Lakers team interest me especially not that poo poo platter that’s in this deal. We not trying to turn dollars into cents.

You are acquiring Mikal Bridges.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,943

Post#7 » by psman2 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:56 am

QMemphis wrote:

We would take the LAL deal for sure if offered but it won’t be. That is an overpayment that we could reroute for a player we want. I don’t think Bridges is a target for us like he was in the past, we have SF options that we didn’t a year ago and need to address the frontcourt.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#8 » by nzahir » Tue May 7, 2024 4:57 am

QMemphis wrote:

HUH?

You guys gave up 2 1sts and Jones for Smart 1 year before, who got hurt again and now is a year older. And it was an overpay then

We arent giving up 2 1sts (1 in the future than can be quite good for all you know), JHS (and filler).

I dont even know why Memphis went after Smart.

Bridges or OG was the guy to go get to put next to Ja, Bane, Bridges/OG, JJ, Clarke/Adams/GG jackson if they went smaller
QMemphis
Junior

Post#9 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 5:03 am

nzahir wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

HUH?

You guys gave up 2 1sts and Jones for Smart 1 year before, who got hurt again and now is a year older. And it was an overpay then

We arent giving up 2 1sts (1 in the future than can be quite good for all you know), JHS (and filler).

I dont even know why Memphis went after Smart.

Bridges or OG was the guy to go get to put next to Ja, Bane, Bridges/OG, JJ, Clarke/Adams/GG jackson if they went smaller
Colbinii wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

You are acquiring Mikal Bridges.

The Lakers shouldn’t be in the deal. I would much rather have Smart over #17 and Gabe Vincent who I don’t remember even playing this year. Thats the portion that is poo poo Vincent is absolutely negative value on his contract.
QMemphis
Junior

Post#10 » by QMemphis » Tue May 7, 2024 5:06 am

psman2 wrote:
QMemphis wrote:

We would take the LAL deal for sure if offered but it won’t be. That is an overpayment that we could reroute for a player we want. I don’t think Bridges is a target for us like he was in the past, we have SF options that we didn’t a year ago and need to address the frontcourt.

If we get the number one pick I think we either pick Sarr or trade it for Mikal Bridges. The Wolves literally just showed the world you can’t have enough elite defenders who are capable on offense. Having Bridges, Smart and Vince on the perimeter guarding with Jaren on the back line makes us the best defense in the league.

Return to Trades and Transactions