Pels empty the clip

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Pels empty the clip 

Post#1 » by lordjeff05 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:16 am

I know there’s been a lot of Lauri trades and I realize he’s really popular in Utah but the more I think about it the more I think a player like Lauri is what you need to make Zion go. A big that can shoot isn’t only important for spacing but Zion’s game also is tailor made to open up shots for a shooting big like Lauri.

The fit is worth going all in so…given the speculation that it’s gonna take 4 or 5 picks plus a starter here is my trade…

Pels give: Ingram, 24, Lakers 25, MIL 27
get: Lauri, Walker Kessler
Utah gives: Lauri and Kessler
gets: Cam Johnson, nola 24, lakers 25, Mil 27, phx 25 and 27
BK give: Johnson the phoenix picks
gets: Ingram

So for Utah they get 5 picks plus a shooter that fits wel in to their scheme and has already shown an ability to play well on a high performing team. The Lakers and Milwaukee picks are probably the highlight here.

For Brooklyn, they get an ideal pairing with Bridges and give the team a compliment of long athletic wings to throw against other teams. Start Shroeder, resign Claxton and you have a really strong defensive team with shot creation from multiple fronts.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,943

Re: Pels empty the clip 

Post#2 » by psman2 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:28 am

If I am Brooklyn this seems like a half step, I am not doing anything like this until I know I have a real #1 in the bag 1st. I am staying on the 2025 FA route easily.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,943

Post#3 » by LarsV8 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:33 am

I won't speak for Brooklyn, but I just don't see Ingram as having much value.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 368

Post#4 » by Xman » Tue May 7, 2024 4:50 am

I like the idea. Add DDaniels to bkn. Maybe Hawkins but seems too much.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,627

Post#5 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue May 7, 2024 12:49 pm

Brooklyn isn’t moving a single Suns pick for Ingram after the playoff performance he just had.

I question if they would even pursue him in 2025 free agency at this point if he expects a max deal.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,542

Post#6 » by BK_2020 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:13 pm

Brooklyn randomly in here throwing up picks.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,574

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:39 pm

The only way the Pelicans see even a single one of the Suns picks for Ingram is if it comes from the Cavs after a Mitchell trade.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,657

Post#8 » by brackdan70 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:49 pm

I like it for Utah and Nola…but not for BRK.
I think if they do want Ingram it only takes one pick.
I think that is still good enough value for Utah. I’d guess the 25 Phx pick would be the one to include. 27 has too much value.
Sign here
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#9 » by SkyHook » Tue May 7, 2024 6:51 pm

I don't see Brooklyn agreeing to this at all; they're best removed from the deal. If Markannen & Kessler are going to NOLA, if I'm Ainge I'd require Murphy + Daniels + several of their best picks in return. Zero interest in Ingram for the Jazz.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,433

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 7, 2024 8:26 pm

I agree that Brooklyn needs to be cut out. If they trade those picks it is for a bigger star, e.g., maybe they'd offer them for Zion.

Taking Brooklyn out, I like the idea of finding a third team for Ingram and sending value from New Orleans and the third team to Utah. I like Dyson, I like Murphy, but New Orleans is not trading Murphy and I'm not in love with Dyson + picks for Lauri (though enough picks and I can be talked into it). I think Ingram is much likely to return something that can be a good centerpiece to a deal. This is an attempt with four teams, which is probably the wrong approach, but I think Murray + picks could be interesting for Utah because if Murray has an uptick like Lauri did we might be able to resign him and trade him later for more assets if you took out Orlando.

NOP out: Brandon Ingram, 2025 LAL 1st, 2027 MIL 1st
in: Lauri Markkanen
This part seems balanced as long as you feel good about resigning Lauri. I think Lauri is clearly better than Ingram and one of the better fits with Zion.

ATL out: DeJounte Murray, filler, 2025 SAC 1st (1-12, 1-10, otherwise 2 2nds)
in: Ingram, 2025 DEN 1st (1-5 thru 2027)
Ingram is just a better fit with Trae and I think that justifies swapping a better pick (SAC) for a worse one (DEN).

ORL out: Anthony Black, 2025 DEN 1st (1-5 thru 2027)
in: DeJounte Murray
Orlando is ready to take a bigger step, IMO, and Murray gives them a fully realized version of what Black could be. He's still reasonably young and I think he's a really good fit with Suggs. Murray/Suggs/Wagner/Banchero is a nice core that should have better results than last year.

Utah out: Lauri Markkanen
in: Anthony Black, filler from ATL, 2025 LAL 1st, 2025 SAC 1st (1-12, 1-10, otherwise 2 2nds), 2027 MIL 1st
I'm probably higher on Black than a lot of people, but I think he is a really good compliment to George. He is big, a great defender, and has some good playmaking upside. This lets George still defend point guards, and still share in some playmaking responsibilities, but it also lets him play more off-ball. It also means we get something for Lauri right now, it's a lot more fun getting to see return on a trade immediately than in 3-7 years. We might be able to get slightly better picks elsewhere, but I think both the Lakers and Kings picks have chances to be in the late lottery, and there is no telling how Milwaukee looks when Giannis, Lopez, Middleton, and Lillard are all 3 years older. I think Black and the Bucks pick are the real prizes.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,809

Post#11 » by SkyHook » Tue May 7, 2024 9:58 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I agree that Brooklyn needs to be cut out. If they trade those picks it is for a bigger star, e.g., maybe they'd offer them for Zion.

Taking Brooklyn out, I like the idea of finding a third team for Ingram and sending value from New Orleans and the third pick. I like Dyson, I like Murphy, but New Orleans is not trading Murphy and I'm not in love with Dyson + picks for Lauri (though enough picks and I can be talked into it). I think Ingram is much likely to return something that can be a good centerpiece to a deal. This is an attempt with four teams, which is probably the wrong approach, but I think Murray + picks could be interesting for Utah because if Murray has an uptick like Lauri did we might be able to resign him and trade him later for more assets if you took out Orlando.

This part seems balanced as long as you feel good about resigning Lauri. I think Lauri is clearly better than Ingram and one of the better fits with Zion.

Ingram is just a better fit with Trae and I think that justifies swapping a better pick (SAC) for a worse one (DEN).

Orlando is ready to take a bigger step, IMO, and Murray gives them a fully realized version of what Black could be. He's still reasonably young and I think he's a really good fit with Suggs. Murray/Suggs/Wagner/Banchero is a nice core that should have better results than last year.

in: Anthony Black, filler from ATL, 2025 LAL 1st, 2025 SAC 1st (1-12, 1-10, otherwise 2 2nds), 2027 MIL 1st
I'm probably higher on Black than a lot of people, but I think he is a really good compliment to George. He is big, a great defender, and has some good playmaking upside. This lets George still defend point guards, and still share in some playmaking responsibilities, but it also lets him play more off-ball. It also means we get something for Lauri right now, it's a lot more fun getting to see return on a trade immediately than in 3-7 years. We might be able to get slightly better picks elsewhere, but I think both the Lakers and Kings picks have chances to be in the late lottery, and there is no telling how Milwaukee looks when Giannis, Lopez, Middleton, and Lillard are all 3 years older. I think Black and the Bucks pick are the real prizes.

I like it, though I'm higher on Daniels, less so on Black.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,433

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:00 pm

SkyHook wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I agree that Brooklyn needs to be cut out. If they trade those picks it is for a bigger star, e.g., maybe they'd offer them for Zion.

Taking Brooklyn out, I like the idea of finding a third team for Ingram and sending value from New Orleans and the third pick. I like Dyson, I like Murphy, but New Orleans is not trading Murphy and I'm not in love with Dyson + picks for Lauri (though enough picks and I can be talked into it). I think Ingram is much likely to return something that can be a good centerpiece to a deal. This is an attempt with four teams, which is probably the wrong approach, but I think Murray + picks could be interesting for Utah because if Murray has an uptick like Lauri did we might be able to resign him and trade him later for more assets if you took out Orlando.

I like it, though I'm higher on Daniels, less so on Black.

It's an easier trade without Orlando, anyway, so there is probably a way to balance this that makes some sense. Or perhaps the direct route is best.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions