What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,655

What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers? 

Post#1 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue May 7, 2024 11:20 pm

Alright I'm curious. There was some debate about what his value is in a few threads I have seen, but I didn't get a sense of much of a consensus. So adding to our Jimmy Butler trade value thread, here is an Ingram trade value thread.

Best offers for Ingram? I assume NOP could make it a 3 way and get different fitting parts, so don't lose sleep over how the parts fit so much as what would be your highest (reasonable) offer for Ingram?

If anyone needs:
Stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/ingrabr01.html
Contract: 36m next season then unrestricted.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Re: What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers? 

Post#2 » by NYG » Tue May 7, 2024 11:29 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Alright I'm curious. There was some debate about what his value is in a few threads I have seen, but I didn't get a sense of much of a consensus. So adding to our Jimmy Butler trade value thread, here is an Ingram trade value thread.

Best offers for Ingram? I assume NOP could make it a 3 way and get different fitting parts, so don't lose sleep over how the parts fit so much as what would be your highest (reasonable) offer for Ingram?

If anyone needs:

I have NOP as needing a player back moreso than picks

Dejounte? Claxton and filler sign and trade? Kessler based deal?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#3 » by psman2 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:32 pm

Ingram=Butler....does that help? Not many teams are going to really want them on their next contract but will give up certain amount of assets for them now and worry about the future later. Likely a few more suiters for Ingram since I think Butler is going to restrict the teams that will be allowed to trade for him.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,845

Post#4 » by DowJones » Tue May 7, 2024 11:49 pm

Jarrett Allen based deal from Cleveland?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,984

Post#5 » by jayu70 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:53 pm

Would it be more or less than a Pascal Siakam trade value??

Raptors receive:

Bruce Brown, Kira Lewis, Jordan Nwora, Two 2024 first-round picks (2024 Pacers 1st and 2024 first-round pick (lesser of picks from Jazz/Clippers/Rockets/Thunder ) and Conditional 2026 first-round pick (Pacers 1-4 protected)

Pacers receive:

Pascal Siakam (via Raptors)Future second-round pick (via Pelicans)
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,131

Post#6 » by Residual-Heat » Wed May 8, 2024 12:02 am

NYG wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:Alright I'm curious. There was some debate about what his value is in a few threads I have seen, but I didn't get a sense of much of a consensus. So adding to our Jimmy Butler trade value thread, here is an Ingram trade value thread.

If anyone needs:

I think Dejounte for Ingram is decent. Pelicans might need to add a small asset (like a lotto protected 1st) due to contract status.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,966

Post#7 » by MotownMadness » Wed May 8, 2024 12:06 am

Duren for Ingram
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,434

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:07 am

Residual-Heat wrote:
NYG wrote:

If anyone needs:

I think Dejounte for Ingram is decent. Pelicans might need to add a small asset (like a lotto protected 1st) due to contract status.

I think the asset needs to run the other way since wings are just so much harder to find than point guards. Maybe that means straight across is fine :lol:

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayu70
RealGM

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:21 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
NYG wrote:

I think the asset needs to run the other way since wings are just so much harder to find than point guards. Maybe that means straight across is fine :lol:

Contract status and future ask (amost double Murray?) and availability is also a factor.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#10 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 8, 2024 12:27 am

MotownMadness wrote:Duren for Ingram

I don't hate this for New Orleans. Pels free up a ton of money, could offer Valanciaunas the Bruce Brown special of say 25M for year 1 and a team option for year 2 and still have the full MLE available to use on a Zion backup, then by the deadline you can move an expiring JV and multiple 1sts for a PG:

Duren-Nance
Zion-MLE
HerbJones-Murphy
TreyMurphy-McCollum
PG-Daniels

Draft some high-upside wings at #17 and #21 whose value hopefully won't crater to include in the deal, an if you're stuck with them, hope one develops and you can eventually move Jones or Murphy for that PG, or that Daniels just learns to shoots over the next summer or 2.
Where's the D?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,546

Post#11 » by dms269 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:34 am

jayu70 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I think Dejounte for Ingram is decent. Pelicans might need to add a small asset (like a lotto protected 1st) due to contract status.

I think the asset needs to run the other way since wings are just so much harder to find than point guards. Maybe that means straight across is fine

Contract status and future ask (amost double Murray?) and availability is also a factor.
I think this is what gets overlooked. Ingram is expiring and in contention for 4/200. If that is what he is set on for an extension you are playing the free agent lottery and Atlanta can't afford that. I am also not a huge fan of the fit. Another iso-oriented player is not a great fit with Trae.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,434

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:36 am

jayu70 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I think Dejounte for Ingram is decent. Pelicans might need to add a small asset (like a lotto protected 1st) due to contract status.

I don't disagree, but there is not a huge difference between the 10th and 20th best point guards in the league (and Murray is somewhere in that range) but there is a huge difference between the ... 7th and 15th best small forward. It's just a position that has less talent and where the better talents are extremely impactful. There is obviously a certain point where a player is so good that relative scarcity doesn't matter, but I think it is extremely relevant to the trade value between the two. Of course, YMMV.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayu70
RealGM

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:46 am

babyjax13 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I think the asset needs to run the other way since wings are just so much harder to find than point guards. Maybe that means straight across is fine :lol:

I don't disagree, but there is not a huge difference between the 10th and 20th best point guards in the league (and Murray is somewhere in that range) but there is a huge difference between the ... 7th and 15th best small forward. It's just a position that has less talent and where the better talents are extremely impactful. There is obviously a certain point where a player is so good that relative scarcity doesn't matter, but I think it is extremely relevant to the trade value between the two. Of course, YMMV.

Hawks need more than just a taller version of Murray that may cost twice as much. Very similar offensive games in terms of their midrange games and also needing the ball to be effective. I don't know that he will provide the type of defense the Hawks desperately needs.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,471

Post#14 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 8, 2024 12:52 am

jayu70 wrote:Would it be more or less than a Pascal Siakam trade value??

Raptors receive:

Bruce Brown, Kira Lewis, Jordan Nwora, Two 2024 first-round picks (2024 Pacers 1st and 2024 first-round pick (lesser of picks from Jazz/Clippers/Rockets/Thunder ) and Conditional 2026 first-round pick (Pacers 1-4 protected)

Pacers receive:

Less than Siakam. Siakam is a better player and more durable
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,655

Post#15 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed May 8, 2024 1:07 am

Godaddycurse wrote:

Raptors receive:

Pacers receive:

Siakam has 3 years on Ingram in age. That might not fully make it up, but it has to close some of the gap.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,471

Post#16 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 8, 2024 1:14 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Raptors receive:

Pacers receive:

Siakam has 3 years on Ingram in age. That might not fully make it up, but it has to close some of the gap.

They are both in their prime essentially for the next contract. I think the age cancels out the durability issue but siakam is still the better player on court
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,663

Post#17 » by NYG » Wed May 8, 2024 1:16 am

Hawks get:
Mikal Bridges
Cam Johnson

Nets get:
Brandon Ingram
AJ Griffin
Larry Nance Jr.
10th Overall Draft Pick
21st Overall Draft Pick

Pelicans get:
Dejounte Murray
Clint Capela

???
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,536

Post#18 » by GoBobs » Wed May 8, 2024 1:54 am

I think it is going to have to be the right team that values him, like maybe the Cavs needing some wing depth ect. Most teams won't value him as much as the Pels do to be honest.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,576

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:13 am

DowJones wrote:Jarrett Allen based deal from Cleveland?

I mean after tonight, I don’t see how you can not trade Allen.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,576

Post#20 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:18 am

I like the Pelicans as a third team in a Mitchell trade if it comes to that. I have an expiring Mitchell as worth more than an expiring Mitchell, but assuming there's draft capital involved that's easily addressed.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Trades and Transactions