What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,194

Re: What is Ingram's trade value? Best offers? 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Wed May 8, 2024 3:48 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Would it be more or less than a Pascal Siakam trade value??

Raptors receive:

Bruce Brown, Kira Lewis, Jordan Nwora, Two 2024 first-round picks (2024 Pacers 1st and 2024 first-round pick (lesser of picks from Jazz/Clippers/Rockets/Thunder ) and Conditional 2026 first-round pick (Pacers 1-4 protected)

Pacers receive:

Pascal Siakam (via Raptors)Future second-round pick (via Pelicans)

Less than Siakam. Siakam is a better player and more durable

Siakam has 3 years on Ingram in age. That might not fully make it up, but it has to close some of the gap.

I don't think it does, because Ingram isn't an All-NBA caliber player [I don't even think he is an All-Star caliber player] and is 26 years old. There really isn't untapped potential, while the caliber of player [Siakam Top 30-ish, Ingram fringe Top 50] is quite meaningful.

It may close some of the gap, but I doubt every team values that.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,900

Post#22 » by giberish » Wed May 8, 2024 4:23 am

Colbinii wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
Less than Siakam. Siakam is a better player and more durable

Siakam has 3 years on Ingram in age. That might not fully make it up, but it has to close some of the gap.

I don't think it does, because Ingram isn't an All-NBA caliber player [I don't even think he is an All-Star caliber player] and is 26 years old. There really isn't untapped potential, while the caliber of player [Siakam Top 30-ish, Ingram fringe Top 50] is quite meaningful.

Having a full season vs half a year also helps (assuming Ingram is dealt this summer). I'd also point out that Siakam didn't return a huge haul. The players in the deal were all filler (no long-term bad contracts but no real assets). The 2 2024 1sts were known to be no lottery picks in a draft that people were low on. The 2026 1st has some value but Indy isn't a geezer team that's likely to collapse soon. I'd say Ingram's value is about at that level - filler plus 2-3 lowish value assets or one pretty good but not great one.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,194

Post#23 » by Colbinii » Wed May 8, 2024 4:33 am

giberish wrote:
Colbinii wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Having a full season vs half a year also helps (assuming Ingram is dealt this summer). I'd also point out that Siakam didn't return a huge haul. The players in the deal were all filler (no long-term bad contracts but no real assets). The 2 2024 1sts were known to be no lottery picks in a draft that people were low on. The 2026 1st has some value but Indy isn't a geezer team that's likely to collapse soon. I'd say Ingram's value is about at that level - filler plus 2-3 lowish value assets or one pretty good but not great one.

I'd put his value lower but I could see him returning something similar.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,003

Post#24 » by Apz » Wed May 8, 2024 4:54 am

Think ingram on this mavs team would look amazing. But thats not realistic
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,575

Post#25 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:00 am

I didn’t read all the posts - but teams trading for Ingram need to be VERY confident they can indeed re-sign him. The handful of teams that can have that confidence is limited.

Have Warriors been mentioned?

Wiggins +

Maybe Wiggins can regain form in Now Orleans. Maybe at SG with McCollum as starting PG.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,310

Post#26 » by Slim Charless » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 am

Ell Curry wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Duren for Ingram

I don't hate this for New Orleans. Pels free up a ton of money, could offer Valanciaunas the Bruce Brown special of say 25M for year 1 and a team option for year 2 and still have the full MLE available to use on a Zion backup, then by the deadline you can move an expiring JV and multiple 1sts for a PG:

Duren-Nance
Zion-MLE
HerbJones-Murphy
TreyMurphy-McCollum
PG-Daniels

Draft some high-upside wings at #17 and #21 whose value hopefully won't crater to include in the deal, an if you're stuck with them, hope one develops and you can eventually move Jones or Murphy for that PG, or that Daniels just learns to shoots over the next summer or 2.

I agree. This is something DET should do. They need his shooting and are unlikely to attract a player like BI if he were actually a FA, even tho they have tons of room. This allows them to put Stewert at the 5 and free up some of the log jam they have amongst their bigs. Ingram will get to eat in the D. Cade also benefits as he now as someone he can feed and will take the pressure off of him.
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#27 » by YayBasketball » Wed May 8, 2024 5:34 am

I agree with others who have said it takes a unique team situation that is desperate enough to sign BI to the big extension he will want, and also be willing to give up some assets to get him-- and also be a place and situation that Ingram will choose to stay for the next 4-5 seasons.

This is why, for me, the Hornets top the list of teams that make sense. Ingram has ties to Carolina, friends with the Balls, and Hornets may be desperate enough for a playoff run that will give assets to get him and offer him the max extension. They also have the salary cap situation to easily stomach a bloated extension number.

Hornets also have intriguing enough assets (top draft pick, Mark Williams, TPE, Mann?) to convince Pelicans to take their offer.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,567

Post#28 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:40 am

YayBasketball wrote:I agree with others who have said it takes a unique team situation that is desperate enough to sign BI to the big extension he will want, and also be willing to give up some assets to get him-- and also be a place and situation that Ingram will choose to stay for the next 4-5 seasons.

This is why, for me, the Hornets top the list of teams that make sense. Ingram has ties to Carolina, friends with the Balls, and Hornets may be desperate enough for a playoff run that will give assets to get him and offer him the max extension. They also have the salary cap situation to easily stomach a bloated extension number.

Hornets also have intriguing enough assets (top draft pick, Mark Williams, TPE, Mann?) to convince Pelicans to take their offer.

4 months ago you ask me if we could get Ingram I would have said yes.

Watching him in the playoffs really turned me off. He's a ball stopper and he's not the best fit next to Miller on the wing. His attitude is also a major turnoff. I think Ingram wants to be the man with his own team and that won't happen in Charlotte.

Detroit makes more sense.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,741

Post#29 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 8, 2024 6:16 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Duren for Ingram

I don't hate this for New Orleans. Pels free up a ton of money, could offer Valanciaunas the Bruce Brown special of say 25M for year 1 and a team option for year 2 and still have the full MLE available to use on a Zion backup, then by the deadline you can move an expiring JV and multiple 1sts for a PG:

Duren-Nance
Zion-MLE
HerbJones-Murphy
TreyMurphy-McCollum
PG-Daniels

Draft some high-upside wings at #17 and #21 whose value hopefully won't crater to include in the deal, an if you're stuck with them, hope one develops and you can eventually move Jones or Murphy for that PG, or that Daniels just learns to shoots over the next summer or 2.

I agree. This is something DET should do. They need his shooting and are unlikely to attract a player like BI if he were actually a FA, even tho they have tons of room. This allows them to put Stewert at the 5 and free up some of the log jam they have amongst their bigs. Ingram will get to eat in the D. Cade also benefits as he now as someone he can feed and will take the pressure off of him.

Eh, I like it less for Detroit but their fan suggested it, and I don't really feel like telling a Detroit fan to suck it up and eat a 60 loss season and keep building slowly after damn near losing 70 this past one.

If Ingram wants to sign, it's not terrible I guess if the young guys develop with Ausar guarding the other team's best wing, Cade and Ingram scoring, Ivey at PG and you draft Clingan or Sarr I guess to eventually take over from Beef Stew. But they probably just need to tank hard for one more year and get a star in 2025.
Where's the D?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,900

Post#30 » by giberish » Wed May 8, 2024 6:30 am

Wolveswin wrote:I didn’t read all the posts - but teams trading for Ingram need to be VERY confident they can indeed re-sign him. The handful of teams that can have that confidence is limited.

Have Warriors been mentioned?

Wiggins +

Maybe Wiggins can regain form in Now Orleans. Maybe at SG with McCollum as starting PG.

I think most teams should be confident they can resign Ingram if they're willing to give him a 30% max deal. The problem is that he's not really good enough to justify such a contract but you might have to go that high to keep him.

Golden State might be willing to consider a move though I wouldn't want to pay what some are expecting.

Also, Ingram playing for Kerr last summer looked bad, though he might look better on the Warriors where he'd likely get more ball.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,666

Post#31 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 8, 2024 10:16 am

Apz wrote:Think ingram on this mavs team would look amazing. But thats not realistic

Looking at the offers being made; what makes you think it’s not?

Cuban would have to check with his new friends if they’re willing to pay that kind of tax for as long as Kyrie, Luka and Ingram are willing to stick together..

But if DJM is currently the best offer (and Atlanta wants value back on top of Ingram) Dallas definitely can get there. Not sure Dallas would pay it or if you want to deal with Kyrie and Ingram both hitting UFA the same offseason..
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Post#32 » by lordjeff05 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:06 am

jayjaysee wrote:
Apz wrote:Think ingram on this mavs team would look amazing. But thats not realistic

Cuban would have to check with his new friends if they’re willing to pay that kind of tax for as long as Kyrie, Luka and Ingram are willing to stick together..

But if DJM is currently the best offer (and Atlanta wants value back on top of Ingram) Dallas definitely can get there. Not sure Dallas would pay it or if you want to deal with Kyrie and Ingram both hitting UFA the same offseason..

Who does Dallas have as a trade asset that is better than Dejounte?
lordjeff05
Analyst
And1: 770

Post#33 » by lordjeff05 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:07 am

I think Ingram gets more than Siakam if he’s traded this summer and less if he’s traded at deadline.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,666

Post#34 » by jayjaysee » Wed May 8, 2024 11:19 am

lordjeff05 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

Who does Dallas have as a trade asset that is better than Dejounte?

Dallas has a lower variance 2025 and a very high variance 2031 first. Dallas has two centers that NOP should value pretty highly.. Lively and two firsts shouldn’t be on the table for Ingram, but if the question is best Atlanta’s offer, that’s done. Not to mention, Atlanta fans want value back in a Murray/Ingram swap..

Also the OP said focus on value. We can build the big 20 player trade after finding the best offer.

HartfordWhalers wrote:I assume NOP could make it a 3 way and get different fitting parts, so don't lose sleep over how the parts fit so much as what would be your highest (reasonable) offer for Ingram?
YayBasketball
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#35 » by YayBasketball » Wed May 8, 2024 11:48 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
YayBasketball wrote:I agree with others who have said it takes a unique team situation that is desperate enough to sign BI to the big extension he will want, and also be willing to give up some assets to get him-- and also be a place and situation that Ingram will choose to stay for the next 4-5 seasons.

Watching him in the playoffs really turned me off. He's a ball stopper and he's not the best fit next to Miller on the wing. His attitude is also a major turnoff. I think Ingram wants to be the man with his own team and that won't happen in Charlotte.

Understandably, you and fans of every team are low on Ingram right now. But some GMs will talk themselves into using him better in a new system.

Detroit does make sense, but I get held up on Ingram and his agent agreeing to sign a long term extension with the worst team in the league in a city and market that isn't a top choice for rich athletes. I guess if they get the sense that they are the only team that will give him the max extension, then I guess that could makes sense.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,567

Post#36 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 11:55 am

YayBasketball wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Understandably, you and fans of every team are low on Ingram right now. But some GMs will talk themselves into using him better in a new system.

Detroit does make sense, but I get held up on Ingram and his agent agreeing to sign a long term extension with the worst team in the league in a city and market that isn't a top choice for rich athletes. I guess if they get the sense that they are the only team that will give him the max extension, then I guess that could makes sense.

Ingram doesn't strike me as a guy who #1 concern is about location.

I think he just wants a #1 role and of course his max contract.

I could see Charlotte viewing him as a backup plan if we can't bring Bridges back in FA. It doesn't really make sense for us to take on Ingram when we already have Miller/Bridges on the wings already.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,449

Post#37 » by Billl » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 pm

YayBasketball wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Obviously, ingram would have to signal he's willing to extend before a trade to a team like detroit is on the table. Teams and agents certainly communicate on that sort of thing even if it's not technically allowed.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,811

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 1:56 pm

I have his actual value pretty low. One year left, the same flaws that have always been there are still there. No reason to think he's likely to become a much different player.

For instance I want no part of jay's calculation of what Dallas could pay. And that's with Dallas really needing a 3rd scorer.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 368

Post#39 » by Euphonetiks » Wed May 8, 2024 1:57 pm

I keep seeing some people mention the risk of not re-signing when trading for Ingram, but wouldn’t any trade involving him most likely be an extend and trade?
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,811

Post#40 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 8, 2024 2:03 pm

Euphonetiks wrote:I keep seeing some people mention the risk of not re-signing when trading for Ingram, but wouldn’t any trade involving him most likely be an extend and trade?

No. We don't see those very often. Now, I do think teams trading for him would seek permission to talk with him about future salary expectations and want to feel good about retaining him before dealing for him.

But the risk is still the risk and it has to be accounted for in some fashion in his value imo. Buyers shouldn't oversell the risk to get a cheaper price of course and sellers shouldn't dismiss the risk to get a higher price. Which is what we typically see.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions