Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 707

Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#1 » by kds92 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:41 pm

What would offers for Mikal look like? He had a down year trying be the #1 option, but still has a highly valuable skillset.

I'd imagine the Nets want to build around him and Claxton by getting a top tier guard in FA or via trade, but a lucrative trade offer may change their mind. They likely missed the opportunity to trade him for peak value given his play/role last year.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,983

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#2 » by Nyce_1 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:51 pm

They can still get peak value despite his "down" year. His value isn't as a #1 guy; it's as a #3 elite 3&D wing who is also a great person, and that hasn't changed.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,616

Post#3 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 12:56 pm

Bridges+ for Mitchell would be the offer.

Nets hope Mitchell stays and is better recruiter of 2025 max free agent (Ingram, Markkanen, etc).
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,094

Post#4 » by tidho » Wed May 8, 2024 12:58 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Bridges+ for Mitchell would be the offer.

Nets hope Mitchell stays and is better recruiter of 2025 max free agent (Ingram, Markkanen, etc).

have to think if BKL in interested in Mitchell that they try to get him to pair with Bridges, not replace him.

certainly this would be a viable starting point for CLE if they're moving Mitchell though.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#5 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:01 pm

tidho wrote:

have to think if BKL in interested in Mitchell that they try to get him to pair with Bridges, not replace him.

certainly this would be a viable starting point for CLE if they're moving Mitchell though.

Of course hope isn’t a plan - but that is one plan for Brooklyn.

OP however is about indeed trading Bridges.

So, if Nets don’t want to lose Mitchell to Lakers or Heat or whomever trades for Nets hope prize of 2025, it would take Bridges to upgrade to Mitchell.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,813

Post#6 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:09 pm

Send him down to Charlotte.

Bertans/Micic/2 future 1st Rd picks

Sorry but any team trading 4 1st for a 3&D wing and a 3rd option needs to have the GM license revoked!
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,943

Post#7 » by LarsV8 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:12 pm

Salary filler, #9, and Nets 2027 #1
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,628

Post#8 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 1:13 pm

LarsV8 wrote:Salary filler, #9, and Nets 2027 #1

Nowhere close.
JKiddy
Sixth Man
And1: 329

Post#9 » by JKiddy » Wed May 8, 2024 1:15 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
tidho wrote:

So, if Nets don’t want to lose Mitchell to Lakers or Heat or whomever trades for Nets hope prize of 2025, it would take Bridges to upgrade to Mitchell.

Mitchell wants to play with Bridges, not replace him.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#10 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 1:15 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
tidho wrote:

Is there an extend and trade option?

If so Bridges for Mitchell is ideal.

Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#11 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 1:17 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:Send him down to Charlotte.

Sorry but any team trading 4 1st for a 3&D wing and a 3rd option needs to have the GM license revoked!

This gets outbid by many teams.

3&D is a gross mischaracterization of Bridges.
Wolveswin
General Manager

Post#12 » by Wolveswin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:19 pm

Nets are in danger of their ‘2025 hope plan’ crashing down this very 2024 offseason. Nets are hoping 2025 offseason brings them at least one major free agent who is indeed still a free agent - and hope said free agent says yes to Nets money (vs money from other clubs/GMs).

Mitchell - say traded to Lakers or Heat, a trade done fully expecting Mitchell to stay in said destination.

Markkanen - Jazz have ability and will raise and extend him. Markkanen will not be a 2025 free agent.

Ingram - Pels trading him - or max him themselves - to a team willing to max Ingram. Whole thread on main page claiming Ingram would stay in any destination who will max him. Nets being one of the teams to max (overpay) Ingram right now is Nets best odds during 2025 summer of hope.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:21 pm

He is a good two way player…just under star level on a team friendly contract for two more years. I think he has decent trade value despite a bit of an off year. Turns 28 next season so still plenty of prime years left. He is worth two decent firsts depending on what types of players are coming back as salary match.
I think he 100% needs to be included if there is a Mitchell trade. Otherwise the Nets can’t come up with a competitive package unless Cleveland wants to stealth tank and take all the Phoenix picks.
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#14 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:25 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Agree he is more than just a 3 and D guy. I’d those are Hornets picks though with no or light protection…that might be a decent return. I think though that Charlotte would still need to include a useful player ( do they have any?).
Sign here
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,965

Post#15 » by K_chile22 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:27 pm

That would be so incredibly risky for both Brooklyn and Mitchell. They'd be bad again next year and if they whiff Mitchell surely bolts. If they can't have both I don't see where it makes sense for Mitchell or BKN to do it
facothomas22
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#16 » by facothomas22 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:31 pm

76ers 2029/2031,1st+ Clippers 2028 1st round pick + 23 Million dollars in cap space. Maybe even put a lighter protection on the 76ers 2027 1st round pick if need be, tho I think Cap space and 3 1st round pick should be good enough.

Why the Nets do this: They save a lot of money while getting multiple valuable 1st round picks.

Why the 76ers do this: They get a very solid 3rd option on a cheap contract, while still having enough money to fill out the roster with additional solid role players.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#17 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

That's his game lol.

Is he a superstar or something?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,628

Post#18 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:57 pm

facothomas22 wrote:76ers 2029/2031,1st+ Clippers 2028 1st round pick + 23 Million dollars in cap space. Maybe even put a lighter protection on the 76ers 2027 1st round pick if need be, tho I think Cap space and 3 1st round pick should be good enough.

Why the Nets do this: They save a lot of money while getting multiple valuable 1st round picks.

Why the 76ers do this: They get a very solid 3rd option on a cheap contract, while still having enough money to fill out the roster with additional solid role players.

If Mitchell changes his mind about going home, I'm 100% doing this as Brooklyn. This is great value and all kinds of risky for the Sixers.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#19 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 1:57 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Agree he is more than just a 3 and D guy. I’d those are Hornets picks though with no or light protection…that might be a decent return. I think though that Charlotte would still need to include a useful player ( do they have any?).
Yeah Bertans and Micic.

The Picks are the main prize for Brooklyn.

I can see if Bridges was a superstar but he's not worth a good young player + picks. Those are superstar type trades.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#20 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:02 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Yeah Bertans and Micic.

The Picks are the main prize for Brooklyn.

I can see if Bridges was a superstar but he's not worth a good young player + picks. Those are superstar type trades.

I don’t regard those two as really useful for a team aspiring to be in the playoffs. Agree not worth a good young player and two good picks. But I think a player the Nets can actually use. Clearly Miller is off the table and I don’t really see a guy on the roster that makes sense. If those are Charlotte picks though they carry a lot of value. .
Sign here

Return to Trades and Transactions