Best Offers for Mikal Bridges

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,832

Re: Best Offers for Mikal Bridges 

Post#61 » by theBigLip » Wed May 8, 2024 8:57 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:Sac out: Barnes, Sasha, Davion, #13, 2027 1st, 2029 1st
Sac in: Bridges, Schroder

Nets out: Bridges, Schroder
Nets in: Sasha, Davion, #13, 2027 1st, 2029 1st, Pistons 2nd

Pistons out: 2nd
Pistons in: Barnes

Nets continue to clear way for free agency. Restock with 3 more 1sts for Bridges. Get a look at Davion as a cheaper younger Schroder. Free look at Sasha as a cheap bench shooter (can be swapped with Duarte if they prefer an expiring).

Pistons get a great culture/locker room vet. Costs them almost nothing.

Kings go all in on Bridges.

It wouldn’t be Plan A for Pistons cap space, but something to consider. Barnes would fit but $18M + $19M? Pistons might get a better/younger free agent with that kind of $.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#62 » by theBigLip » Wed May 8, 2024 8:59 pm

Here’s a crazy one:

Bridges and Simmons to Detroit

2024 FRP to Brooklyn

Nets get to restart with cap space
Pistons get a quality starter in Bridges and extends Simmons 5x$8M
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,627

Post#63 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 9:00 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
psman2 wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
You won’t see me walking around saying he’s a star.

But know theres a massive gap between 3&D and superstar.

No one would offer 2 1sts for a 3&D guy so clearly you understand the difference.

Either way from Brooklyns perspective I wouldn’t be interested in the Hornets picks. Their core players are too young.

OG got the equilvant of 2 1sts this year. Roco was traded for 2 1sts in value in 2020. Yes elite 3&D guys can pull 2 1sts.
Them facts will humble people quickly. 8-)

The fact is that Bridges is better than both of those players.

This take and the other posts in this thread make your original offer look even more terrible.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#64 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 9:00 pm

theBigLip wrote:Here’s a crazy one:

Bridges and Simmons to Detroit

2024 FRP to Brooklyn

Nets get to restart with cap space
Pistons get a quality starter in Bridges and extends Simmons 5x$8M

Too crazy for me.

Also Bridges is highly unlikely to be moved on draft night.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#65 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 9:06 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:The best offer is Brooklyn getting their picks back from Houston, and they said no to that. He seems very unavailable.

Not necessarily.

I’m highly intrigued by Bridges+ scenarios where the Nets upgrade.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,571

Post#66 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 9:26 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
psman2 wrote:
OG got the equilvant of 2 1sts this year. Roco was traded for 2 1sts in value in 2020. Yes elite 3&D guys can pull 2 1sts.
Them facts will humble people quickly. 8-)

This take and the other posts in this thread make your original offer look even more terrible.

With all due respect there is no way Mikal Bridges is way better than OG. I give him the slight edge offensively because he's a little more agressive offensively. It's not a huge gap though.

The fact is you were wrong. 3&D players have been traded for 2 1st rd picks. Bridges is probably the best of the best for 3&D if that seems like an insult then im sorry. Maybe if he starts making all-star teams we can call him an all-star player. :D
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#67 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 9:46 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Them facts will humble people quickly. 8-)

With all due respect there is no way Mikal Bridges is way better than OG. I give him the slight edge offensively because he's a little more agressive offensively. It's not a huge gap though.

The fact is you were wrong. 3&D players have been traded for 2 1st rd picks. Bridges is probably the best of the best for 3&D if that seems like an insult then im sorry. Maybe if he starts making all-star teams we can call him an all-star player. :D

Fair enough I was wrong.

But will you admit you are wrong about your valuation of him based on the offers in this thread?

I never called him an All-Star so I’m not sure who you’re arguing with.

There’s a massive difference between Bridges and OG offensively. Ask any Knicks fan. You’ll never see someone call OG a 3rd option.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#68 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 9:52 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:

Fair enough I was wrong.

But will you admit you are wrong about your valuation of him based on the offers in this thread?

There’s a massive difference between Bridges and OG offensively. Ask any Knicks fan. You’ll never see someone call OG a 3rd option.

Bro you must like getting burned.

What if I told you OG is a career 12ppg scorer while the more talented Bridges is a whopping career 14ppg scorer.

With all due respect I don't have to ask anyone anything the stats tell me Bridges is basically a 2ppg better scorer in their careers.

What's your next question?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#69 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 10:09 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:With all due respect there is no way Mikal Bridges is way better than OG. I give him the slight edge offensively because he's a little more agressive offensively. It's not a huge gap though.

Fair enough I was wrong.

What if I told you OG is a career 12ppg scorer while the more talented Bridges is a whopping career 14ppg scorer.

With all due respect I don't have to ask anyone anything the stats tell me Bridges is basically a 2ppg better scorer in their careers.

Oof awful take.

Maybe look at their most recent seasons instead of career. There’s no honest reason to use career stats when their value is based on current output.

Jalen Brunson averages less career PPG than Collin Sexton. I guess in your mind Sexton is the better scorer.

Look at other fans valuations then come back to me. Unless you think you’re smarter than everyone else in the thread.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,664

Post#70 » by NYG » Wed May 8, 2024 10:19 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:Dejounte, Griffin, Capela and 10 for Cam and Mikal

Gotta specify which Cam.

But I don’t think Brooklyn has interest in Capela or Griffin.

Cam Johnson... Capela is expiring so in a way you dump Cam's salary and find a stopgap at center to let Claxton get overpaid elsewhere then go into 2025 with tons of space
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#71 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 10:25 pm

NYG wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
NYG wrote:Dejounte, Griffin, Capela and 10 for Cam and Mikal

Gotta specify which Cam.

But I don’t think Brooklyn has interest in Capela or Griffin.

Cam Johnson... Capela is expiring so in a way you dump Cam's salary and find a stopgap at center to let Claxton get overpaid elsewhere then go into 2025 with tons of space

I don’t view Cam Johnson as dump worthy.

I don’t think Claxton is going to get overpaid. $25 mill is his likely rate and I’m ok with that.

2025 doesn’t look great if Mitchell and Markkanen sign extensions.

Seems like there’s a disconnect.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#72 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 10:28 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Fair enough I was wrong.

Oof awful take.

Maybe look at their most recent seasons instead of career.

But it doesn’t seem like you’re experiencing the same reality as the other posters on this board so maybe it’s a waste of my time.

Look at other fans valuations then come back to me. Unless you think you’re smarter than everyone else in the thread.
So you want me to look at the season in which Bridges took 16 shots per game to OG's 12 shots per game. So you basically telling me to ignore the role of each player just to prove your point. I already said he is more aggressive offensively. Still doesn't make up for the 2 point gap. Either your guy is extremely overrated on offense or you just don't care for stats. These are cold hard facts my man.

You won't stop until you're right huh? :D
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#73 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 10:33 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro you must like getting burned.

Oof awful take.

But it doesn’t seem like you’re experiencing the same reality as the other posters on this board so maybe it’s a waste of my time.

So you want me to look at the season in which Bridges took 16 shots per game to OG's 12 shots per game. So you basically telling me to ignore the role of each player just to prove your point. I already said he is more aggressive offensively. Still doesn't make up for the 2 point gap. Either your guy is extremely overrated on offense or you just don't care for stats. These are cold hard facts my man.

You really don’t get it do you.

The role of the player matters. How they score matters.

That’s why one is 3&D and the other isn’t. That’s why one’s a 3rd option and the other isn’t. That’s why a real team offered 4 1sts for Bridges but not OG.

But live in your make believe world and let me know when you join the rest of us.

Gotta love it when people are so confidently wrong. Especially when they clearly haven’t watched the players they’re talking about.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Post#74 » by esvl » Wed May 8, 2024 10:34 pm

Memphis:

Kennard
Ziare Williams
1st 2025
1st 2027
1st 2029

How close is that?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#75 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 10:36 pm

esvl wrote:Memphis:

Kennard
Ziare Williams
1st 2025
1st 2027
1st 2029

How close is that?

This would have to be a yes from Brooklyn.

I just don’t think they’re trading Bridges on draft night.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#76 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 10:37 pm

TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
Oof awful take.

That’s why one is 3&D and the other isn’t. That’s why one’s a 3rd option and the other isn’t. That’s why a real team offered 4 1sts for Bridges but not OG.

But live in your make believe world and let me know when you join the rest of us.

Gotta love it when people are so confidently wrong. Especially when they clearly haven’t watched the players they’re talking about.
I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. But good luck to the fool who offers 4 1st rd picks for a non allstar. :lol:

If Bridges is worth 4 1st. Imagine what Booker would go for 6 1st rd picks! Nah that doesn't seem right. One of us living in reality. The other is playing 2k.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach

Post#77 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed May 8, 2024 10:43 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
TheBrooklynKidd wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:So you want me to look at the season in which Bridges took 16 shots per game to OG's 12 shots per game. So you basically telling me to ignore the role of each player just to prove your point. I already said he is more aggressive offensively. Still doesn't make up for the 2 point gap. Either your guy is extremely overrated on offense or you just don't care for stats. These are cold hard facts my man.

I guess you're entitled to your own opinion. But good luck to the fool who offers 4 1st rd picks for a non allstar. :lol:

If Bridges is worth 4 1st. Imagine what Booker would go for 6 1st rd picks! Nah that doesn't seem right. One of us living in reality. The other is playing 2k.

Like I said. It’s crazy to see someone so confidently wrong about players they don’t watch.

Whole thread must be playing 2k huh? Cause there’s multiple 4 1st offers in here.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#78 » by LightTheBeam » Wed May 8, 2024 11:18 pm

theBigLip wrote:

Nets continue to clear way for free agency. Restock with 3 more 1sts for Bridges. Get a look at Davion as a cheaper younger Schroder. Free look at Sasha as a cheap bench shooter (can be swapped with Duarte if they prefer an expiring).

It wouldn’t be Plan A for Pistons cap space, but something to consider. Barnes would fit but $18M + $19M? Pistons might get a better/younger free agent with that kind of $.

Doesn't Detroit have like 50-60 million in projected cap?

Who do you have Detroit targeting in FA?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,795

Post#79 » by Skybox » Wed May 8, 2024 11:43 pm

CLE sends: Mobley, Strus
CLE gets: Mikal Bridges
Assuming Mitchell is sticking around (or even if he's not), Bridges is that special 2-way SF every team wants and CLE has lacked. Paired with Allen, Garland, and Mitchell, they're improved and much better balanced. Even if Mitchell wants to go-he'll fetch a lot back and CLE will have a very nice young core to keep proceeding. Bridges could be the key to keeping Mitchell.

ORL sends: Anthony Black, ORL 25 frp, DEN 25 frp, ORL 27 frp
ORL gets: Mobley
ORL squints and sees rookie extension hell but that's the reality of an ultra-young, perfectly matched core. They'd still have plenty of cap to find that FA scoring Lead Guard this summer (Monk?) before working on THREE very large rookie extensions and Paolo's max next summer.

BRK sends: Mikal Bridges
BRK gets : Anthony Black, 3 frps from ORL
BRK will have a ton of cap space when Simmons expires. AB could become a solid counterbalance to Cam Thomas, while they rebuild through the draft. AB and a re-upped Claxton could form a sound, long, defensive foundation. IF Simmons comes around, he WAS All-NBA not too long ago....lotta picks
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#80 » by theBigLip » Wed May 8, 2024 11:47 pm

LightTheBeam wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Doesn't Detroit have like 50-60 million in projected cap?

Who do you have Detroit targeting in FA?

$70M+ in cap space but $15-20M will go to Fontecchio.

Monk Bridges Claxton would be awesome. All UFAs. If we’re not signing free agents, then we can use the cap space in trades, absorb some salary and pick up assets.

Return to Trades and Transactions