Durant is cool w/Heat

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,807

Durant is cool w/Heat 

Post#1 » by jredsaz » Thu May 9, 2024 6:16 am

https://arizonasports.com/story/3547367/bickley-kevin-durant-heat-rumor-worrisome-suns/

It begins! Durant to the Heat. What does that look like? Booker still needs to be happy to compete so Jimmy or Bam probably has to be in the deal but three ways are my favorite.
tester551
Assistant Coach
And1: 858

Re: Durant is cool w/Heat 

Post#2 » by tester551 » Thu May 9, 2024 7:49 am

Do you think either team would accept a Durant / Jimmy swap?
I dont think Heat would give up Bam & I don't see anything else the Suns would want.

A Durant / Jimmy swap would create a roster crunch for the Suns (no PF on the team) but Id seriously consider that trade
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,550

Post#3 » by dygaction » Thu May 9, 2024 8:43 am

tester551 wrote:Do you think either team would accept a Durant / Jimmy swap?
I dont think Heat would give up Bam & I don't see anything else the Suns would want.

A Durant / Jimmy swap would create a roster crunch for the Suns (no PF on the team) but Id seriously consider that trade

Jimmy is worse, less healthy, and has lower ticket selling power than Durant. Only Beal for Jimmy swap makes sense for Suns
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#4 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 9:38 am

dygaction wrote:

Jimmy is worse, less healthy, and has lower ticket selling power than Durant. Only Beal for Jimmy swap makes sense for Suns

So, let me get this straight - you want Miami to trade their best player for the worst contract in the league?

LOL!

Come on, man. A trade has to make sense for both teams. You don't have the assets to flip Beal into Jimmy.

As far as Durant goes, I don't see the path to making that work, either.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,174

Post#5 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 9, 2024 10:13 am

Can't see it being for Jimmy, nor Bam.

Spitballing. Suns split Durant up and add depth.
Heat Trade: Herro/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'26 1st Pick Swap/'29 1st (or 2 years after the '27 1st is extinguished)

Suns Trade: Durant For Russell/Rui/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'29 Heat 1st

Lakers Trade: Russell/Rui For Herro/'26 1st Swap w/Miami

Magic Trade: WCJ/Ingles for Rozier

Suns go into next season:
Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 11:53 am

OxAndFox wrote:Can't see it being for Jimmy, nor Bam.

Heat Trade: Herro/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'26 1st Pick Swap/'29 1st (or 2 years after the '27 1st is extinguished)

Suns Trade: Durant For Russell/Rui/Rozier/JJJ/Jovic/'24 1st (Suns pick for Heat)/'29 Heat 1st

Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

That seems a bit rich for this version of Durant.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#7 » by brackdan70 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:43 pm

Pretty difficult trade to pull off. Phoenix can’t take back more salary than Durant makes. And can’t aggregate since they are over the 2nd apron. Miami is close to it. If they aggregate they will be hard capped at the second apron. If they take back more salary than they send out they are hardcapped at the first apron. Good luck making a trade that works involving Durrant.
Sign here
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 1:04 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Pretty difficult trade to pull off. Phoenix can’t take back more salary than Durant makes. And can’t aggregate since they are over the 2nd apron. Miami is close to it. If they aggregate they will be hard capped at the second apron. If they take back more salary than they send out they are hardcapped at the first apron. Good luck making a trade that works involving Durrant.

Agreed. The shine has come off the apple with Durant. I'm not sure I'd want him if it were a simple transaction at this point, because you'll have to pay the kind of price Phoenix wants for him, and you'll end up with a guy who just can't lead. I hate to say it, but he's not a leader.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by hcsilla » Thu May 9, 2024 4:48 pm

I could see the Suns considering some kind of Durant-Adebayo swap (apart from technical difficulties) but Bam is the heart and soul of the Heat, so I'm not sure at all that MIA would entertain these kind of offers.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,130

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 9, 2024 5:09 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Pretty difficult trade to pull off. Phoenix can’t take back more salary than Durant makes. And can’t aggregate since they are over the 2nd apron. Miami is close to it. If they aggregate they will be hard capped at the second apron. If they take back more salary than they send out they are hardcapped at the first apron. Good luck making a trade that works involving Durrant.

Agreed. The shine has come off the apple with Durant. I'm not sure I'd want him if it were a simple transaction at this point, because you'll have to pay the kind of price Phoenix wants for him, and you'll end up with a guy who just can't lead. I hate to say it, but he's not a leader.

KD wouldn't have to lead in Miami though right? Nor is he a guy who has even insisted he do so. In fact if anything he's pretty consistently deferred to Westbrook and Draymond/Steph and Kyrie/Harden and Booker. I think he just wants to hoop. He's delighted if Bam or Butler or whomever is seen as the leader.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,667

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu May 9, 2024 5:11 pm

Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

Hating that for Orlando. Would much rather keep WCJ than Rozier if I were them, and Ingles doesn't change that.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 5:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:

KD wouldn't have to lead in Miami though right? Nor is he a guy who has even insisted he do so. In fact if anything he's pretty consistently deferred to Westbrook and Draymond/Steph and Kyrie/Harden and Booker. I think he just wants to hoop. He's delighted if Bam or Butler or whomever is seen as the leader.

Making that kind of money, you're expected to be a leader. If we're trading for Durant, we're expecting him to be that guy when it matters - a culture guy, too. He's just not that so I can't see paying the price to acquire him knowing that.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,965

Post#13 » by psman2 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:43 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

Russell/Gordon
Allen/Beal/Okogie/Lee
Booker/JJJ/Ingles/Little
WCJ/Rui/Jovic
Nurkic/Eubanks/Roddy

'24 Miami 1st

Hating that for Orlando. Would much rather keep WCJ than Rozier if I were them, and Ingles doesn't change that.

I think the Orlando angle here would be if they have soured on Cole Anthony they could pay a little something to go from him to Rozier. But FA should bring Orlando a starting level guard already so not sure I would want to pay much in the way of real assets for a Cole/Rozier swap. If Orlando signs a better center they can spin off WCJ for value then too, I would not move off of WCJ without his replacement already in hand. Just no reason for them to be in this trade until FA unfolds some, maybe a Rozier acquisition later on could be something to consider if their other plans fall through.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#14 » by brackdan70 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:07 pm

Miami takes back more Salary so they are had capped at the first Apron. They would have to make some precursor moves to get far enough under the Apron to make the trade.
Sign here
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 7:56 pm

brackdan70 wrote:

Miami takes back more Salary so they are had capped at the first Apron. They would have to make some precursor moves to get far enough under the Apron to make the trade.

And it also doesn't make sense. Miami would be trying to make a big three. We'd want Butler with Bam and Durant.

I would imagine it would have to be a three team deal with Miami sending out Herro, JJJ, Jovic, and as many first rounders as we can get for a player Phoenix wants to put with Booker and Beal.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#16 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 9, 2024 11:06 pm

BBallFreak wrote:

That seems a bit rich for this version of Durant.[/quot

I agree absolutely. More so pointing to I don't believe a KD to Miami deal would involve either Bam or Jimmy. The idea would have to be to team them up. This would probably decimate the Heat depth too much too TBH.
OxAndFox
Analyst

Post#17 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 9, 2024 11:09 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:

That's fair. Was thinking this type of guard with a 2 year deal would be better than signing one of the guards to a 4 year deal in FA. Rozier expires when the Magic will start to pay the young guys and when he is expiring would be a good salary to potentially add with some of the young players for a serious upgrade.
Either way I can certainly see why the Magic wouldn't do it.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,672

Post#18 » by NYG » Thu May 9, 2024 11:46 pm

jredsaz wrote:https://arizonasports.com/story/3547367/bickley-kevin-durant-heat-rumor-worrisome-suns/

It begins! Durant to the Heat. What does that look like? Booker still needs to be happy to compete so Jimmy or Bam probably has to be in the deal but three ways are my favorite.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2377370

Butler for Durant looks like it would work... The problem is making it work cap wise
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by BBallFreak » Thu May 9, 2024 11:58 pm

NYG wrote:
jredsaz wrote:https://arizonasports.com/story/3547367/bickley-kevin-durant-heat-rumor-worrisome-suns/

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2377370

Butler for Durant looks like it would work... The problem is making it work cap wise

Why would Miami want Durant WITHOUT Butler?
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 941

Post#20 » by docholliday99 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 am

From the article:
The solution is both inevitable and obvious:

Fire Frank Vogel. Or trade Kevin Durant.

Well, the article was yesterday and today they fired Vogel.....so, decision made. Your Suns team gave up far too much to move him at this point.

Return to Trades and Transactions