2021 Draft Class Extension?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,516

2021 Draft Class Extension? 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 9, 2024 7:59 pm

Who will get an extension and for how much?

Cade
Green
Mobley
Barnes
Suggs
Giddey
Kuminga
Wagner
Sengun
Murphy
Jalen Johnson

Barnes and Sengun seem like the most likely max candidates. What do people think about the rest?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,943

Re: 2021 Draft Class Extension? 

Post#2 » by LarsV8 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:07 pm

Sengun is unlikely to be extended as it closes a cap window.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Thu May 9, 2024 8:09 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Who will get an extension and for how much?

Cade
Green
Mobley
Barnes
Suggs
Giddey
Kuminga
Wagner
Sengun
Murphy
Jalen Johnson

Barnes and Sengun seem like the most likely max candidates. What do people think about the rest?

if Barnes is getting a max, then Wagner has to, as he has outplayed him imo.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,516

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 9, 2024 8:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Cade
Green
Mobley
Barnes
Suggs
Giddey
Kuminga
Wagner
Sengun
Murphy
Jalen Johnson

Wagner didn't outplay Barnes this year. Wagner took a step back this year while Barnes took a big step forward
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,965

Post#5 » by psman2 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:17 pm

Cade - rookie max extension 5yrs (He doesn't deserve it but Det is going to feel like this is something they need to do)
Green - lets the year run and see how it goes.
Mobley - rookie max extension 5yrs
Barnes - rookie max extension 5yrs
Suggs -4/110
Giddey - lets the year run and see how it goes. OKC tries to get him on a bargain and he declines.
Kuminga - lets the year run and see how it goes. Too much inconsistences to offer a ton from GS and he seems like the type to gamble on himself.
Wagner - offered just shy of rookie max extension but a 5 year deal. 185/5?
Sengun - lets the year run and see how it goes. It just makes too much sense to let this run into FA and see what they can do with cap space 1st with both Green and Sengun unless he takes a perceived bargain deal.
Murphy -4/110- An overpayment but could push for a max a la Otto Porter back in the day if they lock him in now.
Jalen Johnson- let the year run and see how it goes. Just not enough tape to give him a big deal yet and I think he holds out for the a big deal. Maybe he takes a 4/110 right now if he wants to lock it in.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,591

Post#6 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:18 pm

Giddey is going to get traded. Presti doesn’t let guys hit RFA.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,686

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 9, 2024 8:27 pm

I would be proud of Detroit for making Cade earn his max honestly. But think he’ll get it.. At least don’t give him a player option? Eh.

I think Orlando is the most interesting one. You want to lock both of those guys up for 5 years, 10 years really... I’d give Wagner his max if he agrees to lock in the 5th year.. try to keep it at smaller raises, but wouldn’t get too cute. Orlando has a nice future and Wagner a huge part of it. So Suggs at 28-30 mil a year and Wagner a drop below his true max.

I’m trying to see how many of those guys I wouldn’t trade the 2025 and 2031 firsts for from Dallas.. I think it’s only one..

It’s an interesting group. A lot of young talent that feels more available than normal years to me? Kuminga and Giddey specifically, but Trey and Green..
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,178

Post#8 » by tiderulz » Thu May 9, 2024 9:03 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Cade
Green
Mobley
Barnes
Suggs
Giddey
Kuminga
Wagner
Sengun
Murphy
Jalen Johnson

Wagner didn't outplay Barnes this year. Wagner took a step back this year while Barnes took a big step forward

Wagner scored more ppg, on better FG%, better OWS and DWS, better TS. Barnes a little better on PER. I'll split the difference and say they are about even. All people want to talk about is Franz's lower 3pt %, but considering his previous 2 years and his change of his shot, I expect it back up in the mid 30's next year.

Return to Trades and Transactions