ATL/ORL…BYE BYE BOGI

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,836

ATL/ORL…BYE BYE BOGI 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Fri May 10, 2024 11:38 am

Bogi’s exit interview has me wondering if he’s headed out of town. He’d add a lot of what ORL lacks in their backcourt…elite shooting and good veteran judgment. Hes 31 and has 3 more years at around 16.5m per.

ATL might benefit from a semi-shakeup…I assume Dejounte will bring back a solid, better-fitting player (he’d be my FIRST choice for ORL but I expect ATL might insist on a win-now vet that ORL really doesn’t have). Perhaps ORL provides a deal for Bogi that gives ATL some trade chips that can be added to DJM to snag a bigger target, like Mikal Bridges or Ingram.

ORL sends: Cole Anthony, Jett Howard, ORL 25 frp
ATL sends: Bogi, AJ Griffin

Howard has more upside at this point than Griffin, who has basically dropped out of ATL’s rotation after 2 seasons of opportunity. Cole is still very young and on a good deal for an explosive scorer off the bench. He could, effectively, replace Bogi’s role in a younger, cheaper, more athletic package. FRP (and added salary space) can be used in a variety of ways, immediately or in the future.

*another idea between these two teams…
ORL sends: Cole Anthony, Jett Howard and 3 frps and simply absorbs Bogi’s & DJM’s salary into their cap space…ATL signs UFA Miles Bridges, who is a much better fit with Trae. Bridges recreates his near All-Star performance w/Lamelo, feasting on lobs and open 3’s.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,000

Re: ATL/ORL…BYE BYE BOGI 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm

I think adding Howard for Griffin makes it an overpay, but not egregious enough to call it off, I like it for both teams.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#3 » by Magicman125 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

Depending on what we do in FA, this is an interesting backup option for ORL imo. I'd probably do it if bigger names don't end up signing with us/available to us in trades.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#4 » by Skybox » Fri May 10, 2024 1:50 pm

Mavrelous wrote:I think adding Howard for Griffin makes it an overpay, but not egregious enough to call it off, I like it for both teams.

Maybe, I'm low-key excited about Griffin and Paolo reuniting. They had great inside-out chemistry at Duke. I think Griffin has a lot more than he's shown in ATL. Could be way off as Jett is still a draft and stash mystery man. Jett could also, very reasonably project as a long-term Bogi replacement.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#5 » by Skybox » Fri May 10, 2024 1:51 pm

Skybox wrote:Bogi’s exit interview has me wondering if he’s headed out of town. He’d add a lot of what ORL lacks in their backcourt…elite shooting and good veteran judgment. Hes 31 and has 3 more years at around 16.5m per.

ORL sends: Cole Anthony, Jett Howard and 3 frps and simply absorbs Bogi’s & DJM’s salary into their cap space…ATL signs UFA Miles Bridges, who is a much better fit with Trae. Bridges recreates his near All-Star performance w/Lamelo, feasting on lobs and open 3’s.

this variation is what really excites me...and I can't imagine a better fit for Bridges too...it would essentially be just conceding that Trae is the fulcrum and everything is built around him (like Iverson's Finals squad).
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,517

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 10, 2024 2:47 pm

Skybox wrote:
Skybox wrote:Bogi’s exit interview has me wondering if he’s headed out of town. He’d add a lot of what ORL lacks in their backcourt…elite shooting and good veteran judgment. Hes 31 and has 3 more years at around 16.5m per.

this variation is what really excites me...and I can't imagine a better fit for Bridges too...it would essentially be just conceding that Trae is the fulcrum and everything is built around him (like Iverson's Finals squad).

They dont have enough capspace to sign bridges after this. They are at ~130M or so after this trade
Skybox
RealGM

Post#7 » by Skybox » Fri May 10, 2024 5:17 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Skybox wrote:

They dont have enough capspace to sign bridges after this. They are at ~130M or so after this trade

I wonder if ORL could take more...WCJ for Capela and Griffin? (now I'd have to go look at ORL cap space...should have around 40m, if they don't keep Ingles (in addition to the ones they better not keep)
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,139

Post#8 » by Residual-Heat » Fri May 10, 2024 5:21 pm

Id do a first for Bogdanovic for sure. Dont think Howard, Griffin and Cole need to be included. Not surethe Hawks would want Cole anyway.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#9 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2024 11:23 am

ORL sends : WCJ, Cole, Jett, ORL 26 frp, Den 25 frp, ORL 28 frp
ORL lets Ingles, Fultz, Okeke, Harris, Goga walk, basically weaponizing all of its cap space to facilitate trade by taking back salary

ATL sends: Capela, Murray, Bogi, Griffin
ATL clears a ton of salary, signs Miles Bridges, adds frps, commits to Trae-centric lineup, gets younger

WCJ, Fernando
Bridges, Okongwu
Jalen Johnson, Hunter
Bey, Jett
Trae, Cole, Bufkin

High-flying, floor spreading lineup with Trae orchestrating a squad of multi-positional wings, Bridges revisits the near All-Star chemistry he had with Lamelo. Big, sweet shooting wings next to Trae.

Capela, M. Wagner, Bamba (I said it :lol: vet minimum)
Paolo, Isaac
Franz, Griffin, Houstan
Suggs, Bogi, #18 Terrence Shannon?
Murray, Black, Kris Dunn (or similar vet min)

Shorter, far more lethal rotation, but still high-upside developmental guys in AB and Shannon. Ready to contend. Actually much improved on BOTH ends of the court
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#10 » by Ball4life32 » Sat May 11, 2024 11:48 am

Skybox wrote:ORL sends : WCJ, Cole, Jett, ORL 26 frp, Den 25 frp, ORL 28 frp
ORL lets Ingles, Fultz, Okeke, Harris, Goga walk, basically weaponizing all of its cap space to facilitate trade by taking back salary

ATL clears a ton of salary, signs Miles Bridges, adds frps, commits to Trae-centric lineup, gets younger

WCJ, Fernando
Bridges, Okongwu
Jalen Johnson, Hunter
Bey, Jett
Trae, Cole, Bufkin

High-flying, floor spreading lineup with Trae orchestrating a squad of multi-positional wings, Bridges revisits the near All-Star chemistry he had with Lamelo. Big, sweet shooting wings next to Trae.

Paolo, Isaac
Franz, Griffin, Houstan

Shorter, far more lethal rotation, but still high-upside developmental guys in AB and Shannon. Ready to contend. Actually much improved on BOTH ends of the court

No not interested for Atl and that lineup is very flawed.

Sadiq Bey can not play the 2 at all (he played the 3 + 4 for Atl last yr) but I dont want him starting at all with his poor defense. Not interested in saving money for Bridges either...dont think hes a good fit and not touching him with the off the court problems. Dont think they trade both Murray and Bogi too.. Bogi has a plus net rating with every hawks player last year and +10 on/off.

When Trae went down hawks had the 7th ranked offense and 29th ranked defense. Im not interested in picks or any of those players for Murray. If hawks are building around Trae they will want defense so guys I would be interested in on the Magic would be Suggs and Isaac.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,004

Post#11 » by jayu70 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:14 pm

Skybox wrote:ATL sends: Capela, Murray, Bogi, Griffin

WCJ, Fernando
Bridges, Okongwu
Jalen Johnson, Hunter
Bey, Jett
Trae, Cole, Bufkin

High-flying, floor spreading lineup with Trae orchestrating a squad of multi-positional wings, Bridges revisits the near All-Star chemistry he had with Lamelo. Big, sweet shooting wings next to Trae.t

Bridges as the offseason move of the season for the Hawks after clearing salary is not the way.
Bey has a torn ACL and likely out for most of next season and is definitely not a SG.
This lineup has no upside and the biggest issue for the Hawks have not been addressed....Size and Defense.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#12 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2024 12:30 pm

Didn't know about Bey's knee.

I figure ATL has to fully commit to Trae (or pivot). He's such a polarizing player but a legit offensive star. People picking apart his defense are right - but he's an offensive machine of the highest order...IF you just build it completely around him. I compare it to Iverson's PHI team that went to the finals. Murray didn't work and Bogi's exit interview sounded like he wasn't a fan. You could say the same things about Luka (although he and Kyrie, inexplicably, seem to work) being among the most ball-dominant in history.

I like some of ATL's versatile wings around Trae and I figured Bridges, who looked like an All-Star next to LaMelo, would only enhance that...certainly a better fit than Murray...to put it really simply, wouldn't ATL be lucky to replace Murray with Bridges if ORL gave them some picks for their trouble? (I know the OP grew way beyond that :roll: ).

Bogi's another matter. He could easily start next to Trae if Murray moved out...not ideal defensively, but nothing will be as long as Trae is the heartbeat of the team. "Hiding guys on defense" is no longer realistic as scorers and coaches have become so adept at hunting weak defenders...you're better off just trying to balance the team as best you can and, if scoring is your thing, lean in fully.

I figure WCJ is a much cheaper, younger, much more versatile offensive player than Capela. WCJ has a lot more in his bag than he can show in ORL, imo, with Paolo and Franz next to him. Certainly subject to debate. Also, WCJ is not the rim-protector that Capela is but he's a more than capable defender, who can switch on the perimeter. ORL couldn't have risen so high defensively with a sieve at C. The Capela/WCJ add-on was to sweeten the deal, financially and otherwise for ATL - I get that some will disagree but they probably don't see WCJ beyond the stat sheet. He's a guy that would have much more statistical impact on another team - I'm happy to keep him in ORL, but I also consider him ORL's best win-now trade chip because he does more offensively than ORL really needs.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,201

Post#13 » by zaymon » Sat May 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:

WCJ, Fernando
Bridges, Okongwu
Jalen Johnson, Hunter
Bey, Jett
Trae, Cole, Bufkin

Paolo, Isaac
Franz, Griffin, Houstan

Sadiq Bey can not play the 2 at all (he played the 3 + 4 for Atl last yr) but I dont want him starting at all with his poor defense. Not interested in saving money for Bridges either...dont think hes a good fit and not touching him with the off the court problems. Dont think they trade both Murray and Bogi too.. Bogi has a plus net rating with every hawks player last year and +10 on/off.

When Trae went down hawks had the 7th ranked offense and 29th ranked defense. Im not interested in picks or any of those players for Murray. If hawks are building around Trae they will want defense so guys I would be interested in on the Magic would be Suggs and Isaac.

If we trade Suggs and Isaac its in a package for Trae Young.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Skybox
RealGM

Post#14 » by Skybox » Sat May 11, 2024 2:26 pm

zaymon wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:

WCJ, Fernando
Bridges, Okongwu
Jalen Johnson, Hunter
Bey, Jett
Trae, Cole, Bufkin

Paolo, Isaac
Franz, Griffin, Houstan

If we trade Suggs and Isaac its in a package for Trae Young.

I wouldn't do that.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,499

Post#15 » by Ball4life32 » Sat May 11, 2024 7:35 pm

Skybox wrote:Didn't know about Bey's knee.

I figure ATL has to fully commit to Trae (or pivot). He's such a polarizing player but a legit offensive star. People picking apart his defense are right - but he's an offensive machine of the highest order...IF you just build it completely around him. I compare it to Iverson's PHI team that went to the finals. Murray didn't work and Bogi's exit interview sounded like he wasn't a fan. You could say the same things about Luka (although he and Kyrie, inexplicably, seem to work) being among the most ball-dominant in history.

I like some of ATL's versatile wings around Trae and I figured Bridges, who looked like an All-Star next to LaMelo, would only enhance that...certainly a better fit than Murray...to put it really simply, wouldn't ATL be lucky to replace Murray with Bridges if ORL gave them some picks for their trouble? (I know the OP grew way beyond that :roll: ).

Bogi's another matter. He could easily start next to Trae if Murray moved out...not ideal defensively, but nothing will be as long as Trae is the heartbeat of the team. "Hiding guys on defense" is no longer realistic as scorers and coaches have become so adept at hunting weak defenders...you're better off just trying to balance the team as best you can and, if scoring is your thing, lean in fully.

I figure WCJ is a much cheaper, younger, much more versatile offensive player than Capela. WCJ has a lot more in his bag than he can show in ORL, imo, with Paolo and Franz next to him. Certainly subject to debate. Also, WCJ is not the rim-protector that Capela is but he's a more than capable defender, who can switch on the perimeter. ORL couldn't have risen so high defensively with a sieve at C. The Capela/WCJ add-on was to sweeten the deal, financially and otherwise for ATL - I get that some will disagree but they probably don't see WCJ beyond the stat sheet. He's a guy that would have much more statistical impact on another team - I'm happy to keep him in ORL, but I also consider him ORL's best win-now trade chip because he does more offensively than ORL really needs.

Hawks have four top 8 offenses in a row with Trae (they were ranked #7 before his injury) and hawks record has gotten worse every year. They had the #2 ranked offense in 2022 coming off an ECF appearance and only won 43 games. I think they need to improve defensively if they want to take a leap. Bridges analytics are meh and Hornets were much better defensively when he was on the bench. Don't like the fit at all and that's not taking into account the off the court stuff. I do agree on WCjr and would definitely take him over Capela at this point.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,441

Post#16 » by CP War Hawks » Sat May 11, 2024 9:04 pm

Bey as a starter at 2 is the most egregious thing I've seen here and that's saying something.

Return to Trades and Transactions