THUNDER/WIZARDS

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 161

THUNDER/WIZARDS 

Post#1 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 9:58 am

THUNDER
In:Kuzma
Out:Giddey

Thunder gets everything they were looking for in Hayward and it didn't work. Size on the wing + someone who can score on his own. Kuzma is a decent manager, especially for the position and can create a little for others, which makes him The impact of losing Giddey is reduced a little. He is also a good rebounder, which I noticed in the series against the Mavs is a deficiency of the Thunder. Then they take a guard with their draft pick to man the second unit, one Dillingham or Collier should still be on the board

WIZARDS
In:Giddey
Out:Kuzma

They get a young man who fits much better into their timeline, where he could be the main handler, which is where he is really effective.

Thoughts?
Old Mike Lorenzo
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,498

Re: THUNDER/WIZARDS 

Post#2 » by zimpy27 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:14 am

Giddey's value would be higher from OKCs perspective
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,804

Post#3 » by penbeast0 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:26 am

With Giddey's size and potential, Washington should do this. If Kuzma learns to play to his strengths instead of trying to be the next Kobe Bryant, he could be outstanding in OKC but I'd rather take the chance that someone will develop a 3 point shot than that someone will change their mental approach to the game.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 768

Post#4 » by cjmcallist » Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 pm

I like the idea but Zimpy nailed it. I think Giddey's value is higher than this for us. Don't mind a Kuzma deal in general, but wouldn't pay the price of Giddey for just Kuzma.

I would be interested in a Kuzma + Avdija for Giddey base. Maybe something like Giddey + 12 for Kuzma, Avdija, 26?
penbeast0

Post#5 » by penbeast0 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 pm

I don't think the Wiz do Avdija for Giddy, 12 straight though it's closer without them adding Kuzma and a 1st. But a Kuzma deal could certainly be centered around #12 and some combination of Wallace, Joe, Wiggins.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Astaluego
Junior

Post#6 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 1:24 pm

cjmcallist wrote:I like the idea but Zimpy nailed it. I think Giddey's value is higher than this for us. Don't mind a Kuzma deal in general, but wouldn't pay the price of Giddey for just Kuzma.

I would be interested in a Kuzma + Avdija for Giddey base. Maybe something like Giddey + 12 for Kuzma, Avdija, 26?

I have Avdija more valuable than Giddey and #12...maybe #26 to the Thunder..?.. Although in my opinion, Kuzma is currently a better player and has a good contract for his production... Giddey has to be paid next year, which closes the possible gap in my opinion
Old Mike Lorenzo
Astaluego
Junior

Post#7 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 pm

penbeast0 wrote:I don't think the Wiz do Avdija for Giddy, 12 straight though it's closer without them adding Kuzma and a 1st. But a Kuzma deal could certainly be centered around #12 and some combination of Wallace, Joe, Wiggins.

Do you have Kuzma more valuable than #12???..for me it is quite fair...however I think Thunder would have to choose one or the other...I doubt they want to pay both
Old Mike Lorenzo
penbeast0

Post#8 » by penbeast0 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:33 pm

In a strong draft, #12 would be preferable. This one is a bit of a crap shoot and Kuzma's descending deal makes him attractive to a competitive team like OKC who will have to pay guys coming up so I'd say he's a bit more valuable on the trade market. This is assuming OKC doesn't want to move Giddey.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,599

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:52 pm

OKC probably isn’t interested in Kuzma at all. He’s not a good defender or an efficient offensive player and is also not going to fit an offense that swings the ball a ton.

Deni is still who I would target. Giddey and 12 seems fine. He’s young enough though that the Wizards don’t need to be in a rush to trade him.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,617

Post#10 » by nate33 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:33 pm

I think Kuzma for Giddey is pretty close in value, but I don't like the fit of Giddey in DC. There's not enough shooting around him, and Avdija can already do the same things on offense but with better shooting and defense.

I think Kuzma makes a ton of sense in OKC as one more versatile wing, only one with enough size that they don't have to play small all the time. And his declining contract fits nicely when they have to resign Chet and Williams. Kuzma would have to change his role and play more like he did with the championship Lakers team, but I think he would do that on a team with title aspirations.

I think a trade of picks for Kuzma makes more sense. Either that or a 3-way where Giddey goes somewhere else and value goes to DC. But when I look around the league, I don't see a ton of teams that would pay a lot for Giddey. He is young and has talent, but he's a tough guy to fit on a roster. You need a young team with a lot of shooting and scoring but a deficit of ball handling. Maybe Toronto? San Antonio?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,617

Post#11 » by nate33 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:42 pm

The Wizards aren't trading Avdija for any combination of Giddey and late picks so just drop it. It's not happening.

Since early February, Deni has averaged 19.3 points, 9.5 rebounds, 3.9 assists on a .604 TS%. The team was just -1.2 per 100 possessions in those minutes, so Deni had that talentless roster playing like a 37-win team while he was on the floor. When Tyus got hurt and Deni took on more PG responsibilities, he averaged 19.7 points, 9.4 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and a .612 TS% in 12 games.

Teams don't trade two-way 23-year-olds who are just breaking out. Not when they locked into an ultra-cheap 4-year deal.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,599

Post#12 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:11 pm

Kuzma has never in his entire career been able to crack 55% TS. That’s pretty bad. And he’s not a good defender. He can be useful to some teams, but just don’t see a team like OKC wanting him for assets.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,279

Post#13 » by BadWolf » Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 pm

I think Giddey could be great building Block for Wizards.
Is 3 for Giddey and 12 to much even in this draft?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,973

Post#14 » by TGW » Sun May 12, 2024 8:39 pm

BadWolf wrote:I think Giddey could be great building Block for Wizards.

Wizards would do that. Forget Avidja…he’s not going nowhere.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Astaluego
Junior

Post#15 » by Astaluego » Sun May 12, 2024 8:51 pm

TGW wrote:
BadWolf wrote:I think Giddey could be great building Block for Wizards.

Wizards would do that. Forget Avidja…he’s not going nowhere.

I think that in that scenario choose Topic, its cheap control for several years and a higher ceiling... right?
then switch 26 +Kuzma to Thunder for 12 and a future protected FRP and choose the one available from Edey or Salaun

New Wizards..
Topic/Poole/Coulibaly/Avdija/Edey
Tyus/Davis/Kispert/Bagley/Vukcevic
Old Mike Lorenzo

Return to Trades and Transactions