Chicago - Toronto

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,537

Chicago - Toronto 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 pm

Chicago trade: Vucevic, Carter, 11
Toronto trade: Poeltl, 19

Why for Chicago: upgrade their C w/ a better defender/rim protector and get out of carter's contract
Why for Toronto: move into the lottery and get a stopgap C and back up PG while tanking in 2025
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,222

Re: Chicago - Toronto 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm

Not getting out of a contract when you take back a bigger, longer one...

Chicago also shouldn't be adding value to minorly upgrade center when they don't know what DeRozan is doing. IF he is back, then yeah they will want to be as competitive as possible so okay. But I don't think they should do this without having him locked up
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 10:42 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Not getting out of a contract when you take back a bigger, longer one...

Chicago also shouldn't be adding value to minorly upgrade center when they don't know what DeRozan is doing. IF he is back, then yeah they will want to be as competitive as possible so okay. But I don't think they should do this without having him locked up

I said carters contract, not vuc. Vuc and poeltls contract are basically a wash. Vuc is overpaid for his production. Carter is benchwarming behind Ayo/White and possibly Ball

Imo its more than a minor upgrade at C (esp on D)
Texas Chuck

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:47 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Not getting out of a contract when you take back a bigger, longer one...

I said carters contract, not vuc. Vuc and poeltls contract are basically a wash. Vuc is overpaid for his production

I know you said Carter. And Poeltl's contract is bigger and larger. Same as with in my Grant thread where people thought Dallas owed value for including Kleber/Powell despite Portland saving a ton of money.

It's double counting. Even if only jay and I understand this.'

And its absolutely minor in terms of how competitive Chicago would be without DD. Poeltl isn't moving the w/l needle.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#5 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 10:50 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I said carters contract, not vuc. Vuc and poeltls contract are basically a wash. Vuc is overpaid for his production

I know you said Carter. And Poeltl's contract is bigger and larger. Same as with in my Grant thread where people thought Dallas owed value for including Kleber/Powell despite Portland saving a ton of money.

It's double counting. Even if only jay and I understand this.

Its not double counting because Portland can get Grant for expiring/1st else where. If you want them to take Kleber's extra year they will want value. I'm not counting against grant's contract, i'm counting against other teams' expiring + 1st offer.

Poeltl is worth his contract, while neither Vuc or Carter is worth theirs. Eating Carter is clearly an incentive for Chicago. We can just as easily match Poeltl with Vuc without Carter, does that make you happier if i edit Carter out in OP?
Texas Chuck

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 10:53 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Its not double counting because Portland can get Grant for expiring/1st else where. If you want them to take Kleber's extra year they will want value. I'm not counting against grant's contract, i'm counting against other teams' expiring + 1st offer.

Poeltl is worth his contract, while neither Vuc or Carter is worth his. Eating Carter is clearly an incentive for Chicago. We can just as well match Poeltl with Vuc without Carter, does that make you happier if i edit OP like that?

I didn't send Kleber to Portland fwiw... Nor do we know what they can get. But as always if teams can get a better deal than I offer they should take it. I try and make a fair offer, but if a team pays more take it.

It doesn't matter he's worth and they aren't. That part is accounted for in the incentive for getting the better player. You only should get incentive for taking on money, when you take on money. And I strongly doubt Poeltl returns expiring money and that good of a pick. :D
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Sun May 12, 2024 11:00 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Poeltl is worth his contract, while neither Vuc or Carter is worth his. Eating Carter is clearly an incentive for Chicago. We can just as well match Poeltl with Vuc without Carter, does that make you happier if i edit OP like that?

I didn't send Kleber to Portland fwiw... Nor do we know what they can get. But as always if teams can get a better deal than I offer they should take it. I try and make a fair offer, but if a team pays more take it.

It doesn't matter he's worth and they aren't. That part is accounted for in the incentive for getting the better player. You only should get incentive for taking on money, when you take on money. And I strongly doubt Poeltl returns expiring money and that good of a pick. :D

Vuc is not expiring money.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sun May 12, 2024 11:13 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Vuc is not expiring money.

I know. I'm going back to your argument that Dallas owed Portland for Kleber because you just knew they could get an expiring contracts with similar incentive.

I'm saying I don't believe Toronto could move up like that in the draft while swapping Poeltl for expiring money. Which is why I wouldn't say Chicago is dumping Carter. I would say they are upgrading.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,696

Post#9 » by jayjaysee » Sun May 12, 2024 11:21 pm

I don’t mind the OP if Demar has a contract ready to go. Value feels good for Toronto but not too far. Dumping Carter might help duck the tax when time to overpay Demar while keeping Dre and Patrick.

If there’s any chance Demar is signing in Philly or getting 2yr80 or such from Detroit? Pass.

Don’t think if you can truly know that at the draft or not. Maybe you can?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,941

Post#10 » by ChettheJet » Sun May 12, 2024 11:50 pm

I think it works for the Bulls if they move on from DeRozan, get something for Caruso and maybe move Lavine. Once they see who they move and get back they need to add shooters to play around Poeltl, right now they don't have enough. Yeah Vucevic shot lousy from 3 this season, he's normally not that bad and could be their 3rd or 4th best 3 point guy, not to mention for as bad as people want to make him out he had a whole lot of double double games.

The hangup could be the 3rd year player option for Poeltl, what if he's a flop?

I'd rather trade Vuc and resign Drummond with 1-2 young haven't measured up guys behind him

What I don't see is TOR wanting Vucevic at his price

Return to Trades and Transactions