New York - Toronto

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,540

New York - Toronto 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 13, 2024 3:00 am

Assumption: IH gets stolen in FA

New York trade: Bogdanovic, MIL LP 2025 1st (becomes BRK 2025 2nd and NYK 2027 2nd if not conveyed)
Toronto trade: Poeltl

Why for NY: add a starting C to replace IH
Why for Toronto: get a 1st for Poeltl and tank for flagg
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Re: New York - Toronto 

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon May 13, 2024 4:34 am

Not a bad trade, I wonder if Toronto keeps Bojan at all or potentially moves him at the deadline for a second and redemption prospect? Somehow I believe NY spends to keep the team especially if they miss out on Mitchell
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,112

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 13, 2024 11:13 am

Makes sense if they lose Isaiah, I can see both teams doing it. But how will Tor address the 5?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,540

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 am

daoneandonly wrote:Makes sense if they lose Isaiah, I can see both teams doing it. But how will Tor address the 5?

Sign a stopgap like JV i guess.. and/or draft edey or something
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,227

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon May 13, 2024 12:52 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Makes sense if they lose Isaiah, I can see both teams doing it. But how will Tor address the 5?

Sign a stopgap like JV i guess.. and/or draft edey or something

If the plan is to tank, Olynyk and any min center is fine.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,144

Post#6 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 13, 2024 1:14 pm

The Raptors will be competing for the worst record in the league next season with a 4th year Barnes about to get a max, 25 mill/yr RJ, IQ who will be making like 20-25 mill/yr and 20 mill/yr Bogdanovic? They really shouldnt be that bad.

Value seems okay though
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,564

Post#7 » by oldncreaky » Mon May 13, 2024 3:58 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:The Raptors will be competing for the worst record in the league next season with a 4th year Barnes about to get a max, 25 mill/yr RJ, IQ who will be making like 20-25 mill/yr and 20 mill/yr Bogdanovic? They really shouldnt be that bad.

Value seems okay though

Good point. If this trade leaves them with Olynyk/Barnes/Barrett/Dick/IQ and a playable bench it's hard to see them out-tanking the Pistons, Wizards and whoever gets hit with a slew of injuries

I think Toronto has gotten itself into a situation in which they're too good to tank hard, but will struggle to make the play-in and don't have any high-lotto picks in their future. Their path will mostly be determined by the players on their roster, especially Barnes.
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,144

Post#8 » by Residual-Heat » Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 pm

oldncreaky wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:The Raptors will be competing for the worst record in the league next season with a 4th year Barnes about to get a max, 25 mill/yr RJ, IQ who will be making like 20-25 mill/yr and 20 mill/yr Bogdanovic? They really shouldnt be that bad.

Value seems okay though

Good point. If this trade leaves them with Olynyk/Barnes/Barrett/Dick/IQ and a playable bench it's hard to see them out-tanking the Pistons, Wizards and whoever gets hit with a slew of injuries

I think Toronto has gotten itself into a situation in which they're too good to tank hard, but will struggle to make the play-in and don't have any high-lotto picks in their future. Their path will mostly be determined by the players on their roster, especially Barnes.

Good news is Masai was able to draft guys like OG and Siakam late in the first round, so maybe he'll be able to grab another star without a high lotto pick.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,161

Post#9 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:36 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Assumption: IH gets stolen in FA

New York trade: Bogdanovic, MIL LP 2025 1st (becomes BRK 2025 2nd and NYK 2027 2nd if not conveyed)
Toronto trade: Poeltl

Why for NY: add a starting C to replace IH
Why for Toronto: get a 1st for Poeltl and tank for flagg

I'd be fine with this deal for the Knicks.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,347

Post#10 » by WhatsaTDot » Mon May 13, 2024 9:47 pm

I like it for both. With a balanced starting 5, the Raptors looked adequate. Bad place to be for them.

This place is insufferable.
Johnston
Junior
And1: 198

Post#11 » by Johnston » Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 am

I don't think value is that far off, but for franchise optics alone there is no chance Raps make this trade. Wait atleast a year before you trade Poetl for pennies on the dollar (of what they paid).

Also, if raps are sold on a core of Quickly/RJ/Barnes there is no chance they are going to bottom out. When the whole team was together, they actually looked OK. There were very few games played with everyone healthy.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,793

Post#12 » by MessiahUjiri » Tue May 14, 2024 2:04 am

Makes sense for NYK, but seems like an embarrassing deal for Masai. He may not recuperate the overpayment for Poeltl, but this just seems too low.

The Milwaukee pick might be a borderline 2nd, if things go right for the Bucks.

This is more palatable by including the protected Detroit or Washington picks, which probably won’t convey until 2027.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,990

Post#13 » by wegotthabeet » Tue May 14, 2024 4:43 pm

make it the better of NYK's 2025 or MIL's.

Return to Trades and Transactions