ATL-WAS-LAL

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 919

ATL-WAS-LAL 

Post#1 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue May 14, 2024 2:40 am

Hawks get: Kyle Kuzma, #2 (Donovan Clingan), Austin Reaves, right to swap their pick with Lakers in 2026
Wizards get: DeAndre Hunter, #1 (Alex Sarr), Gabe Vincent
Lakers get: Dejounte Murray

Note: I do not like Kyle Kuzma at all and I think he's a very bad player, but NBA teams seem to want him a lot for some reason.

Why for Atlanta: Upgrade SF position while moving down to draft Clingan who is more NBA ready and can fit the drop and funnel defense Quin likes more. Also break up Murray-Trae while getting cap relief and a pretty good pick and an OK starter.

Why for Washington: Trade up for the prospect they view as higher upside though more raw.

Why for LA: Upgrade at guard position to hopefully compete without giving up too many assets.

Atlanta could then trade Capela or Okongwu for bench or cap help and have the lineup of

Trae
Reaves
Kuzma
Jalen Johnson
Clingan

Bench: Capela/Okongwu, Bogi, Kobe Bufkin, whoever they traded the other center for

Which makes a lot more sense than their current roster and should make the playoffs.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Re: ATL-WAS-LAL 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 am

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Hawks get: Kyle Kuzma, #2 (Donovan Clingan), Austin Reaves, right to swap their pick with Lakers in 2026

Note: I do not like Kyle Kuzma at all and I think he's a very bad player, but NBA teams seem to want him a lot for some reason.

Why for Atlanta: Upgrade SF position while moving down to draft Clingan who is more NBA ready and can fit the drop and funnel defense Quin likes more. Also break up Murray-Trae while getting cap relief and a pretty good pick and an OK starter.

Why for Washington: Trade up for the prospect they view as higher upside though more raw.

Why for LA: Upgrade at guard position to hopefully compete without giving up too many assets.

Atlanta could then trade Capela or Okongwu for bench or cap help and have the lineup of

Trae
Reaves
Kuzma
Jalen Johnson
Clingan

Bench: Capela/Okongwu, Bogi, Kobe Bufkin, whoever they traded the other center for

Which makes a lot more sense than their current roster and should make the playoffs.

I like Kuzma even less. Hawks biggest weakness is defense. This doesn't help that.
tcheco
Sixth Man
And1: 1,221

Post#3 » by tcheco » Tue May 14, 2024 3:27 am

Lakers are not getting Murray for Reaves and a swap while dumping Gabe Vincent...

The fit of Kuzma on the Hawks is also bad, adding him and Reaves to the starting lineup will result them getting blown out every single night
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,950

Post#4 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue May 14, 2024 4:39 am

This feels like an Atlanta-Washington trade with LAL casually thrown in. They’re stealing value and would be omitted pretty quickly.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,560

Post#5 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:43 am

It is going to cost the Lakers significantly more than that to get Murray.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,354

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 3:10 pm

Value seems really bad for Atlanta who make the biggest single drop in the draft, swap Murray for Kuzma and their prize is Reeves? Who isn't a great fit with their existing backcourt?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
louc1970
Senior
And1: 193

Post#7 » by louc1970 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:Hawks get: Kyle Kuzma, #2 (Donovan Clingan), Austin Reaves, right to swap their pick with Lakers in 2026

Trae
Reaves
Kuzma
Jalen Johnson
Clingan

I don't think the Wizards are being compensated enough. It is a swap of Hunter for Kuzma and SF is position Wizards have secure (Coulibaly/Avdija). Find a taker for Poole and they should be willing.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 919

Post#8 » by HadAnEffectHere » Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 pm

dms269 wrote:It is going to cost the Lakers significantly more than that to get Murray.

... Really? His career high in TS+ is 96.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,560

Post#9 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:05 pm

HadAnEffectHere wrote:
dms269 wrote:It is going to cost the Lakers significantly more than that to get Murray.

... Really? His career high in TS+ is 96.

Yes it will. Murray gives you a defensive upgrade at the point as well. Reaves is an awful fit for Atlanta alongside Trae. Additionally, taking on Vincent eats into value.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Trades and Transactions