Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL again

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,703

Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL again 

Post#1 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 4:08 pm

Just because I thought I’d rather pair DJM with Zach.. it all might be terrible as I have no idea what Coby is worth. Could be told Chicago is owed a first or owes one..

Chicago: Coby, Caruso
Chicago: Murray

Chicago tries Murray/Lavine/Demar. Draft someone at 11th or trade 11th for a defensive four. Whatever you want.

LAL: Vincent, 17th, 2029 top 8 protected (2 years?)
LAL: Coby

LAL tries to turn Coby into a star while keeping the rest of the roster? No idea how to value Coby.

Atlanta: Murray
Atlanta: Caruso, Vincent, 17th, 2029 LAL first (top 8 protected?)

Caruso, a mid first and a future first for Murray?
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,551

Re: Playing with DJM for Caruso, with LAL again 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Tue May 14, 2024 4:17 pm

i think someone proposed coby and caruso for murray before and it was hated on by bulls fan(s) IIRC. I think Lavine and Bulls are headed for a split too so this is unlikely to happen for that reason
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#3 » by letsgobulls23 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 pm

I don't understand this for CHI. Value aside, is turning Coby and AC into Murray going to improve anything?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,703

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 5:21 pm

letsgobulls23 wrote:I don't understand this for CHI. Value aside, is turning Coby and AC into Murray going to improve anything?

If you think Murray is a two way guard that fits with Zach.. He kind of takes away both of the current guards weaknesses. which makes for a better Chicago team and bring Ayo (with some Demar) in as the third guard?

Doesn’t cost future picks so Chicsgo can further improve by turning Ball+11+?? for the PF they still need, or an upgrade over Vuc if you want to go that road
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,944

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Tue May 14, 2024 6:09 pm

As a trade it works so long as LAL sees Coby has making a big gain this past season, thinking he could take another step up and liking his contract which looks better with each higher step he takes. Now do the Lakers think more of Coby than they do of Reaves to be the floor spacer, 3pt shooter waiting to get the ball from Lebron and AD.

Seems like ATL taking the short end to dump Murray. Caruso is an expiring contract, they could get Javon Carter from the Bulls for half the money and the same 2 years as Vincent to play the same role.

The Bulls get the biggest slice in Murray. Now they still need a PF, still have to decide if it's worth it to resign DeRozan, they could still move Lavine depending on just what they could get back. Just imagining that Murray is better at feeding the ball to Vucevic in the post if they keep him.

In order to say it's good for the Bulls I have to know the next 3-4 moves they make. I don't just want to stay the course, swap Murray for White and Caruso and think the team is any better because they're locked in for the next 3 years with a roster getting older every year.

Return to Trades and Transactions