Spurs/Grizzlies/Jazz

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

louc1970
Senior
And1: 192

Spurs/Grizzlies/Jazz 

Post#1 » by louc1970 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:19 pm

Grizzlies send Kennard/Clarke
Grizzlies receive Collins
Collins plays a small ball 5, shoots will from outside, can play next to JJJ.

Spurs send Johnson
Spurs receive Clarke/Kennard
Spurs get off the 3 years of Johnson, for the 3 less expensive years of Clarke.

Jazz send Collins
Jazz receive Johnson
Jazz save money going from Collins to Jazz. Johnson gives a SF which balances the team better than Collins.
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,846

Re: Spurs/Grizzlies/Jazz 

Post#2 » by SkyHook » Tue May 14, 2024 6:29 pm

I know that he isn't held in high regard here, but I think that I'd rather keep Collins than trade him for Keldon.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,973

Post#3 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:38 pm

Collins is negative impact guy being paid near twice what he should. I value Clarke and Kennard more than him easily.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,280

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 6:47 pm

psman2 wrote:Collins is negative impact guy being paid near twice what he should. I value Clarke and Kennard more than him easily.

Or just Clarke really since Kennard might not even be picked up. I'm not crazy about depending on Clarke, but I'm definitely not interested in swapping him for John Collins who gives me more availability probably but just isn't really what good teams want.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SkyHook
Analyst
And1: 1,846

Post#5 » by SkyHook » Tue May 14, 2024 6:49 pm

psman2 wrote:Collins is negative impact guy being paid near twice what he should. I value Clarke and Kennard more than him easily.

I don't disagree with this either.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief
You can call me faithless.
But I still cling to hope and I believe in love
And that's faith enough for me.

— Faithless by Rush (lyrics. Neil Peart)
psman2
General Manager

Post#6 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:55 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Or just Clarke really since Kennard might not even be picked up. I'm not crazy about depending on Clarke, but I'm definitely not interested in swapping him for John Collins who gives me more availability probably but just isn't really what good teams want.

Right....nothing is better than Collins with our cap sheet and team needs.
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,280

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Tue May 14, 2024 7:00 pm

psman2 wrote:Right....nothing is better than Collins with our cap sheet and team needs.

Yeah Dallas has been probably the most RealGM named destination for Collins over the years and I think okay Jones might get an MLE deal and Dallas loses him and Kleber just can't be counted to stay healthy and so why not just do THJ/Powell for him to help fill backup 4 and small ball 5, and then I'm just like why am I wishing this on myself lol.

And that's with it working much better capwise for Dallas since they are likely to play between the tax line and the 2nd apron. Whereas Memphis should duck tax one more year unless they can add a real stud.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,703

Post#8 » by jayjaysee » Tue May 14, 2024 7:07 pm

I’m very low on Keldon.

But if SAS does their deal.. Memphis takes Keldon here, right? Trade Z Williams and Konchar for a rotation big, duck the tax and hope Keldon bounces back..
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 391

Post#9 » by esvl » Tue May 14, 2024 7:12 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I’m very low on Keldon.

But if SAS does their deal.. Memphis takes Keldon here, right? Trade Z Williams and Konchar for a rotation big, duck the tax and hope Keldon bounces back..

Keldon is not a Memphis guy either. Clarke is clearly above him in terms of the skillset Memphis appreciates.
psman2
General Manager

Post#10 » by psman2 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:16 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I’m very low on Keldon.

I guess I am even lower on Keldon. I have never liked him and think the evaluations here on him for years now have been way off. Easily keep Clarke, we like Clarke, not sure why a lot of poster think we want off him. Now that we have some game tape after the injury I firmly have him in our rotation next year.
wemby
Senior
And1: 359

Post#11 » by wemby » Wed May 15, 2024 11:01 am

Keldon has paid the price of playing in a discombobulated Spurs team for the last couple of seasons, just keep him and once the team makes sense he'll look much better. Same goes for Vassell.

Return to Trades and Transactions