Indiana - Toronto

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,584

Indiana - Toronto 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 am

Indiana trade: McDermott (S&T 15.5M 1st yr guaranteed only), UTAH 2027 2nd, DAL 2028 2nd
Toronto trade: Brown

Why for Indiana: trade a couple 2nds for another wing defender. This puts them at 165M at 11 spots so should still be able to avoid the tax (they own 3 2nds). Brown is overpaid but his contract will come off the books when Turner and Nembhard's new contract kick in. Could also be a useful salary ballast if they want to go all in at the deadline
Why for Toronto: add a shooter on the bench/mentor for dick and pick up a couple 2nds for Brown
Why for McDermott: $$$
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Re: Indiana - Toronto 

Post#2 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 2:05 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Indiana trade: McDermott (S&T 15.5M 1st yr guaranteed only), UTAH 2027 2nd, DAL 2028 2nd

Why for Indiana: trade a couple 2nds for another wing defender. This puts them at 165M at 11 spots so should still be able to avoid the tax (they own 3 2nds). Brown is overpaid but his contract will come off the books when Turner's new contract kick in.
Why for Toronto: add a shooter on the bench and pick up a couple 2nds for Brown

I think the Raptors are just going to let Brown go.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 15, 2024 2:09 am

NYG wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Indiana trade: McDermott (S&T 15.5M 1st yr guaranteed only), UTAH 2027 2nd, DAL 2028 2nd

Why for Indiana: trade a couple 2nds for another wing defender. This puts them at 165M at 11 spots so should still be able to avoid the tax (they own 3 2nds). Brown is overpaid but his contract will come off the books when Turner's new contract kick in.

I think theres too many cap teams to expect better assets back for our capspace and i dont hate McDermott as a mentor for Dick
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#4 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
NYG wrote:

I think theres too many cap teams to expect better assets back for our capspace and i dont hate McDermott as a mentor for Dick

Yeah, it's not a bad concept.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,975

Post#5 » by psman2 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:20 am

I think Indy can find someone as good as BB with the MLE. Heck BB is likely going to be available for the MLE himself.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 15, 2024 2:22 am

psman2 wrote:I think Indy can find someone as good as BB with the MLE. Heck BB is likely going to be available for the MLE himself.

Problem with the MLE is they have to commit multiple years which they may not want to with turner/mathurin/nembhard etc needing new contracts soon. Makes more financial sense to add a 1 yr contract imo. Brown could also be a useful salary ballast if they want to add another impact player at the deadline
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,459

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 15, 2024 2:28 am

Ignore me, read the Indy player wrong
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 15, 2024 2:29 am

Texas Chuck wrote:If McConnell is signing a one year deal with Toronto only with team controlled years added in, I can't imagine he wouldn't sign that Indy. And if I'm Indy I'd rather have him on that deal than Brown on his. And I might could still use some or all of an exception on a Marshall or a Jones. Or trade for Kenrich Williams who likely gets roster crunched.

It's McDermott, not McConnell. McDermott is not getting 15M anywhere else
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,459

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 15, 2024 2:29 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If McConnell is signing a one year deal with Toronto only with team controlled years added in, I can't imagine he wouldn't sign that Indy. And if I'm Indy I'd rather have him on that deal than Brown on his. And I might could still use some or all of an exception on a Marshall or a Jones. Or trade for Kenrich Williams who likely gets roster crunched.

It's McDermott, not McConnell

Dangit I hoped I deleted it fast enough lol
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions