Embiid to.....OKC?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,984

Embiid to.....OKC? 

Post#1 » by TGW » Thu May 16, 2024 8:35 pm

Not a fan of either team, just curious on whether this is fair.

Chet, Giddey, 4 FRPs for Embiid.

Too much for Embiid? You essentially create a big three in Shai, Embiid, and Williams. With a solid bench, this OKC team would be pretty dominant.

Philly regroups with a nice little core of Maxey, Giddey, and Chet (and a ton of picks).
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Frankie
Sophomore
And1: 125

Re: Embiid to.....OKC? 

Post#2 » by Frankie » Thu May 16, 2024 8:37 pm

I'm not going anywhere near this deal if I'm OKC lol
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,716

Post#3 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 8:37 pm

Chet is untouchable in this kind of trade. They can make a competitive offer for Embiid if he's available without including Chet or Jdub
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,722

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 16, 2024 8:47 pm

i have no problem with OKC including Chet if it’s necessary. Joel/Jalen/SGA with a huge asset base and roleplayers should be favorites..

And the stalemate between Presti and Morey might last years.. But what offer is Presti competing against?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,415

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Thu May 16, 2024 8:52 pm

mademan wrote:Chet is untouchable in this kind of trade. They can make a competitive offer for Embiid if he's available without including Chet or Jdub

No they can't. They should offer Jdub instantly lol.

I love these "23 year old with limited upside for MVP but 23 year old is off the table" type trades.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
mademan
RealGM

Post#6 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 8:57 pm

Colbinii wrote:
mademan wrote:Chet is untouchable in this kind of trade. They can make a competitive offer for Embiid if he's available without including Chet or Jdub

No they can't. They should offer Jdub instantly lol.

I love these "23 year old with limited upside for MVP but 23 year old is off the table" type trades.

ofc they can. Embiid is available or not. If he is available, then a deal with Giddey/Wallace and some number of the 30 first round picks they have (multiple lotto picks) will absolutely be a competitive offer. Who could offer more?

And yes, Joel is an MVP, but he is an MVP talent that, over the past 5 years in his 20's, has been able to be healthy in the post season maybe once, and he's now 30. What kind of durability are you getting here to trade a 23 year old budding star? Especially when you can make a deal without him that would beat anyone else's? What deal are they competing against?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,403

Post#7 » by shrink » Thu May 16, 2024 9:07 pm

The problem is that we all understand that picks have “some” value, but that does not mean that if you offer enough picks, you can make a more attractive offer to a seller than someone else.

I can’t believe that the reason we haven’t seen Sam Presti trade a bunch of picks for an elite player is because he has never made any pick-based offers.
mademan
RealGM

Post#8 » by mademan » Thu May 16, 2024 9:10 pm

shrink wrote:The problem is that we all understand that picks have “some” value, but that does not mean that if you offer enough picks, you can make a more attractive offer to a seller than someone else.

I can’t believe that we haven’t seen Sam Presti trade a bunch of picks for an elite player is because he hasn’t made any pick-based offers.

Well this is the first year theyre actually good, and no great player worth it has been available yet. I dont think theyve made any pick based offers yet cause the opportunity has yet to present itself. If Mitchell is available, we'll see if they make a play for him.

And it wouldnt be just pick based here. Cason Wallace is a really good young cheap prospect, Giddey is still young and good even if he is a bad fit in OKC. Is Cason Wallace worth less than PHX Bridges when he was the player in a KD trade? Or Cleveland Lauri in the Mitchell deal? I dont remember the last great young player that was really that good at the time that was included in a big deal.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,643

Post#9 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:37 pm

If Embiid is available OKC can beat pretty much any other offer without Chet or Dub. Whether the Sixers would take it is another question.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 560

Post#10 » by PhillyNj » Thu May 16, 2024 11:15 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:If Embiid is available OKC can beat pretty much any other offer without Chet or Dub. Whether the Sixers would take it is another question.

Nope. Without them they have no chance
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 386

Post#11 » by Euphonetiks » Thu May 16, 2024 11:38 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:If Embiid is available OKC can beat pretty much any other offer without Chet or Dub. Whether the Sixers would take it is another question.

Houston would easily beat an OKC offer without Chet or JDub.
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 2,001

Post#12 » by wegotthabeet » Thu May 16, 2024 11:53 pm

The hubris of this post is pretty out of touch.

What’s the best asset excluding those two? Probably Wallace. The war chest of weak picks aren’t great honestly. Not for a guy like Embiid.

Regardless they should keep building around the young core. Even if they could get Embiid I don’t think that’s the right move for them.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,228

Post#13 » by Def Leppard » Fri May 17, 2024 12:06 am

Not a fan of either team, OKC should not consider

Sent from my SM-S901W using RealGM mobile app
"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,345

Post#14 » by amcoolio » Fri May 17, 2024 12:10 am

OKC waited too long on the picks. The longer they wait the less value they have. Cleveland could offer Garland/Allen/picks for example that beats 20 OKC first round picks
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,820

Post#15 » by brackdan70 » Fri May 17, 2024 12:13 am

TGW wrote:Not a fan of either team, just curious on whether this is fair.

Chet, Giddey, 4 FRPs for Embiid.

Too much for Embiid? You essentially create a big three in Shai, Embiid, and Williams. With a solid bench, this OKC team would be pretty dominant.

Philly regroups with a nice little core of Maxey, Giddey, and Chet (and a ton of picks).

What picks? It matters. If they are all OKC picks then a little light. If you mix in a better pick or two then not a bad deal for either team.
Sign here
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,568

Post#16 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri May 17, 2024 12:34 am

Euphonetiks wrote:

What would the Houston offer be? Sengun, Jabari Smith, 2026 FRP and 2028 FRP? PLEASE!!!! I want Houston to become completely irrelevant and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Euphonetiks
Pro Prospect
And1: 386

Post#17 » by Euphonetiks » Fri May 17, 2024 1:00 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

What would the Houston offer be? Sengun, Jabari Smith, 2026 FRP and 2028 FRP? PLEASE!!!! I want Houston to become completely irrelevant and miss the playoffs for the foreseeable future.

Houston can beat a Wallace/Giddey offer in a dozen different flavors. It’s not like that meh OKC package is bolstered by a bunch of premium picks either. Houston has better picks to offer too - #3 plus the ‘26 Nets pick and 25/27 swaps.
mademan
RealGM

Post#18 » by mademan » Fri May 17, 2024 1:11 am

Euphonetiks wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Houston can beat a Wallace/Giddey offer in a dozen different flavors. It’s not like that meh OKC package is bolstered by a bunch of premium picks either. Houston has better picks to offer too - #3 plus the ‘26 Nets pick and 25/27 swaps.

OKC has the Rockets picks. They got great picks too

I think Houston would be able to beat a Wallace/Giddey+ some of their better picks offer, but it would take Houston putting out a very strong offer that im not sure they'd be willing to do. Are they close enough to a title to trade a haul for Embiid?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,673

Post#19 » by Devilanche » Fri May 17, 2024 1:43 am

Probably not the right target if we need to play in Denver in the playoffs.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,084

Post#20 » by sonictecture » Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 am

Euphonetiks wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Euphonetiks wrote:

Houston should beat the offer, OKC should develop their core

Return to Trades and Transactions