PHI - ORL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Fire BK
Senior
And1: 0

PHI - ORL 

Post#1 » by Fire BK » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:31 am

Orlando receives: Reggie Evans

Philly receives: Pat Garrity & future 2nd round pick

Magic get a serviceable role player to pound the glass next to Dwight. The Magic don't need Evans to post up or score, just play 20-25 minutes a night and bang away. That's what he does. Good fit. Garrity is obviously not being used, and they've already committed to winning now. This trade could have a similar effect that the Korver deal had on the Jazz. A little lift for a playoff team in need of a spark. They get a helpful piece without surrendering anything of value. They own several other expiring contracts, so Garrity's expiring is not that crucial.

Philly deals another veteran with a long-term contract. Also like Korver, Evans is most beneficial to an established contender with talent in the half-court set. Not a young team looking to rebuild. Sixers clear more cap room and open playing time for Jason Smith, Herbert Hill (who returns from injury soon), and also for Thaddeus Young to see some time at PF for a small, up-tempo lineup predicated on defense.
joey-A
Banned User

Post#2 » by joey-A » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:43 am

Oh God, wait til KillBuckner, and some others get a hold of you. Only way to get Orlando to take Evans for ending C's will be IF Philly also Includes Iggy-Thad Young,,and 3 future unconditional 1st round picks :-) In case you haven't heard, both Willie Green and Reggis Evans are completely WORTHLESS, and have zero value at all. So, no deal :-)
sixerdave
Junior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by sixerdave » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:46 am

I do think Orlando needs help on their bench in their frontcourt, but there is probably more attainable help elsewhere. Najera would be a nice fit if they had something Denver wanted.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#4 » by theTHIEF » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:22 pm

i'd do this in a heartbeat...
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#5 » by MagicFan149 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:45 pm

no magic fan in there right mind would not do this trade .... sign me up...

im sure philly would enjoy the cap space they would recieve in this deal
Summertime and the livin's easy....
ponder719
Sixth Man
And1: 128

Post#6 » by ponder719 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:07 pm

This trade will never happen. It makes too much sense.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#7 » by corwin » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:59 pm

MagicFan149 wrote:no magic fan in there right mind would not do this trade .... sign me up...

im sure philly would enjoy the cap space they would recieve in this deal

What's this, a fan actually trying to improve their team? Kudos to you for not worrying only about cap space, luxury tax, etc.
Philly Family
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Philly Family » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:12 pm

Here is the trade that should go down..
Evans, Green and Carney to Orlando for Garity, Dooling and JJ Reddick.

Evans gives rebounding and toughness, Green gives scoring off the bench and Carney needs a place to start over...
Philly gets cap relief in Dooling and Garrity and Reddick replaces the 3 point shooting Sixers gave up in Korver trade...
This is a deal as a Sixers fan I would go for....
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#9 » by sec-106 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:20 pm

I'd do the above even without Reddick.

Return to Trades and Transactions