These Redd trades are horrible, but here's one more.

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

These Redd trades are horrible, but here's one more. 

Post#1 » by wiff » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:37 pm

Ok looking at some of the other Redd trades it's pretty obvious people are trying to pillage the Bucks roster. That's not going to happen.

I know most of us not living in Beer City don't get a chance to watch the Bucks much but that doesn't mean the guy isn't pulling down 23pts 5rebs and 4 dimes a game.

Now if I'm the Bucks I'm looking to trade Redd for another Star in the league, or a Ray Allen type package of a high lotto pick, a cap reliever and a solid role player. So I've got two ideas.

The Ray Allen type deal is a little harder to come up with. Because who has a high lotto pick but is in the win now mode? I thought of Miami but the T-Wolves own that pick if it isn't a lottery pick. This is more likely to happen on draft day.

But Redd for another star is easier to come up with. Rumor is Tmac is unhappy in Houston. Obviously you don't trade 7'6" Centers who are actually good. So here it is.

Redd and Desmond Mason for TMAC

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=518~692~532&teams=10~10~15&te=&cash=

Redd's number are pretty much a push with Tmac's but since Redd doesn't play much D they are throwing in Mason.

Tmac loves this trade because if he actually makes it to the playoffs with the Bucks no one really expects the Bucks to make it past the first round so Tmac should feel right at home with the low expectations.

All kidding a side I think it is fair value for both teams. Tmac's contract is freakin huge and I could see the Bucks possibly not going for this due to Tmac's back problems but Redd only played something like 57 games last year as well. But the Bucks would actually land a bonafide Superstar something they haven't had in a while.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#2 » by HotSpurs21 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:51 pm

I don't think Milwaukee will be looking for a star in or past his prime in a package for Redd. They want a package somewhere on par with the one Seattle got for Ray Allen, so that they can build a young core around Yi and Bogut
MN Die Hard
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by MN Die Hard » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:03 pm

Wow you think T Mac is unhappy now imagine if he got sent to Milwaukee for the winter! No disrespect to the city or fans.....I'm in Minneapolis so we're in the same boat here. I would expect him to go into full pout mode if he got sent to a city like yours or ours.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:29 pm

I'd certainly do it as a Bucks fan. A healthy T-Mac [waits for someone to point out my oxymoron...] is twice the player Redd is.

But it doesn't really help us that much. If T-Mac is struggling with Yao (albeit in the West), what's he going to do on a team where guys like Charlie Bell, Dan Gadzuric and Bobby Simmons play major minutes?

We'd be in the same boat we are in now; we'd just have a better, less healthy SG who also can't carry a team by himself. Probably makes more sense to just move Redd for picks/expirings and let the rebuilding begin.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#5 » by RoxFan08 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:48 pm

For what its worth, Houston wouldn't do this deal. Not if they thought there was any chance McGrady would come back and actually play a few games, that is.

There is a giant disparity between Redd and Tmac (we all know pts, reb, and ast don't tell the whole story) and a scrub like Mason surely doesn't make up that difference. Talk about not being past the 1st round, talk about injuries (although Redd has had his share) all you want, but its still a bad deal for the Rockets.

Fortunately, I have faith in our front office to be competent. Thankfully no one from RealGM is in charge there.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#6 » by wiff » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:07 pm

HotSpurs21 wrote:I don't think Milwaukee will be looking for a star in or past his prime in a package for Redd. They want a package somewhere on par with the one Seattle got for Ray Allen, so that they can build a young core around Yi and Bogut

Sure I can see them blowing it up and building around Yi and Bogut. But I guess my biggest point is that Redd has value around the league like a Tmac or Ray Allen, just no one watches him to know this because he is in Milwaukee.

These Redd for expirings and 1st round picks somewhere between 20-30 are simply a joke. The guy has a ton of value and no these crap packages are not going to land him on your team Orlando fan, Cleveland fan.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#7 » by Baller 24 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:46 pm

Rockets say no, it will never happen.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
D5150
Starter
And1: 3

Post#8 » by D5150 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:39 pm

well lets see, the rockets need to get more athletic which they do with mason (he is no scrub) and they need to add a guy who can score from the perimiter,which they get with redd. i think this deal help the rockets. i love t-mac but the guy is damaged goods. how long have rockets fans been waiting for this guy to get and stay healthy? as for the bucks, i dont think they take a chance on t-mac, although he would certainly draw fans and interest provided he could stay healthy. the rockets need to seriously think about moving tracey, if he has another set back his value will only go down. interesting trade wiff.
Don't act like you're not impressed.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#9 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:44 pm

Here is the trade rumor Vescey through out there for whatever its worth (not much):

Redd, Villanueva, and a 1st round pick to Houston for Tracy McGrady and Bonzi Wells.
D5150
Starter
And1: 3

Post#10 » by D5150 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:04 pm

man if i where the rockets i would really have to think long and hard about that one. i would still try and squeeze mason out of them though.
Don't act like you're not impressed.
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#11 » by RoxFan08 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:25 pm

D5150 wrote:man if i where the rockets i would really have to think long and hard about that one. i would still try and squeeze mason out of them though.

If the pick was this years and unprotected, I'd think about it. If its lottery protected, then I'd call it an easy no.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:55 am

HotSpurs21 wrote:I don't think Milwaukee will be looking for a star in or past his prime in a package for Redd. They want a package somewhere on par with the one Seattle got for Ray Allen, so that they can build a young core around Yi and Bogut

Redd and McGrady are the same age (3 months separte the two players).

Return to Trades and Transactions