LAL/ATL/CLE

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

LAL/ATL/CLE 

Post#1 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:55 pm

Lakers Get: J. Johnson/Gooden/Marshall
Lakers Give: K. Brown/Odom/Crittenton

Cavs Give: Gooden/Marshall/S. Brown/'08 First (Lottery Protected)
Cavs Get: Odom/S. Jones/Crittenton

Hawks Give: J. Johnson/S. Jones
Hawks Get: K. Brown/S. Brown/'08 First from Cavs (Lottery Protected)

Why for Lakers?
They get Joe Johnson who will turn into Kobe's Pippen. Also, Drew Gooden would be the perfect PF for the triangle offense. Donyell Marshall brings some more veteran leadership to a fairly young team.

Why for Cavs?
They get Lamar Odom, who will be a great complement to LeBron. He is extremely versatile, and creates matchup problems for other teams all the time, and he can play the 3 or 4. Shannon Brown isn't gtting any playing time, so they ship him off for a very good young PG prospect in Crittenton, who could backup Boobie and learn from Eric Snow. They get rid of Marshall's contract and get another young big man in Soloman Jones, who doesn't cost a lot.

Why for Hawks?
They realize that they need to start saving money to resign Josh Smith and Josh Childress in the offseason, so they could afford them and so they don't go elsewhere. Josh Childress would step into the starting SG job, and newly acquired Shannon Brown will back him up there. Shannon Brown is a guy that has tons of potential and can jump out of the building. I believe he will be a very good player if he can get some solid minutes. Also, the Hawks get a first round pick from the Cavs in a year that they weren't going to have a first rounder. Kwame Brown also brings some solid interior defense, along with his huge expiring contract.

Thoughts?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#2 » by loserX » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:57 pm

The Hawks are not going to give Joe Johnson away so they can sign Childress. That's ridiculous.
loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#3 » by loserX » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:58 pm

Oh, and needless to say, there's no way the Lakers ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER get a deal like that.
tbhawksfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#4 » by tbhawksfan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:59 pm

JJ for that :wavefinger:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:03 pm

Send Crittenten to the Hawks and maybe they will condsider this, but otherwise I really like this trade it adresses the Lakers and the Cavs needs.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#6 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:13 pm

Nolan wrote:Send Crittenten to the Hawks and maybe they will condsider this, but otherwise I really like this trade it adresses the Lakers and the Cavs needs.
Cavs get good value, yes, but Lakers get an insanely good trade. Hawks would NEVER consider this deal.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,534

Post#7 » by dms269 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:47 pm

Nolan wrote:Send Crittenten to the Hawks and maybe they will condsider this, but otherwise I really like this trade it adresses the Lakers and the Cavs needs.

Still a no from Atlanta.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:20 pm

The Lakers can add in their '08 first (Unprotected) and give Crittenton.

Lakers Get: Johnson/Gooden/Marshall
Lakers Give: K. Brown/Odom/Crittenton/'08 First (Unprotected)

Cavs Give: Gooden/Marshall/'08 First (Lottery Protected)
Cavs Get: Odom/S. Jones

Hawks Give: Johnson/S. Jones
Hawks Get: K. Brown/Crittenton/'08 First from Cavs (Lottery Protected)/'08 First from Lakers (Unprotected)

How about this?
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 164

Post#9 » by schaffy » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:31 pm

^ Still sucks for the Hawks. And LAL rapes.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#10 » by TonyMontana » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:06 pm

loserX wrote:Oh, and needless to say, there's no way the Lakers ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER get a deal like that.

:clap:
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:21 pm

OK another attempt that the Hawks will like more:

I added in Claxton for Chris Mihm. Claxton is doing absolutely nothing right now with his injury, plus he has a bad contract. Chris Mihm has a player option for next year for only 2.5 mil. This saves ATL even more money. LAL would need another center, but they could bring over Marc Gasol from overseas.

Lakers Get: Johnson/Gooden/Marshall/Claxton
Lakers Give: K. Brown/Odom/Crittenton/Mihm/'08 First (Unprotected)

Hawks Give: Johnson/S. Jones/Claxton
Hawks Get: K. Brown/Crittenton/Mihm/'08 First from Cavs (Lottery Protected)/'08 First from Lakers (Unprotected)
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#12 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:25 pm

SportsFan215 wrote:OK another attempt that the Hawks will like more:

I added in Claxton for Chris Mihm. Claxton is doing absolutely nothing right now with his injury, plus he has a bad contract. Chris Mihm has a player option for next year for only 2.5 mil. This saves ATL even more money. LAL would need another center, but they could bring over Marc Gasol from overseas.

Lakers Get: Johnson/Gooden/Marshall/Claxton
Lakers Give: K. Brown/Odom/Crittenton/Mihm/'08 First (Unprotected)

Hawks Give: Johnson/S. Jones/Claxton
Hawks Get: K. Brown/Crittenton/Mihm/'08 First from Cavs (Lottery Protected)/'08 First from Lakers (Unprotected)
Stop. You're not getting the Hawks' best player for Odom + sweetner, let alone Gooden also.
niffoc4
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#13 » by niffoc4 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:35 pm

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Stop. You're not getting the Hawks' best player for Odom + sweetner, let alone Gooden also.
+1
MAYBE in February if the Hawks are out of the playoff hunt AND JJ requests a trade the Hawks would do that. Right now they are in the playoff race for the 1st time in like 10 years, are they really going to give that up to save money? I hope not.
Harry10
Banned User

Re: LAL/ATL/CLE 

Post#14 » by Harry10 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:42 pm

SportsFan215 wrote:Hawks Give: J. Johnson/S. Jones
Hawks Get: K. Brown/S. Brown/'08 First from Cavs (Lottery Protected)

i think i'm going to be sick.
Harry10
Banned User

Post#15 » by Harry10 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:45 pm

niffoc4 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
+1
MAYBE in February if the Hawks are out of the playoff hunt AND JJ requests a trade the Hawks would do that. Right now they are in the playoff race for the 1st time in like 10 years, are they really going to give that up to save money? I hope not.

yeah...... Hawks should totally do the trade, even though they are winning, because of something that hasn't happen, might happen. :crazy:

i'm so angry, not because of the trade, but because of the stupidity :banghead:
niffoc4
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#16 » by niffoc4 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:58 pm

All I was saying was that if all of those things happened THEN it's possible the Hawks would consider at trade like that.

As it is right now they would destroy what fan base they have left tanking in a year where they are actually winning.

Return to Trades and Transactions