MIL/CHI/LAC/MIA

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,207

MIL/CHI/LAC/MIA 

Post#1 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:06 am

Just wondering what teams though of this. Saw the LAC made by a Clippers fan, the Miami is a rumor that I saw (gave them a pick too), and the Chicago I just thought they really need some scoring at the 4. Probably a little homerish but worth a shot. Im think LAL might like it? Chicago could probably be taken out but worth a shot. Miami not sure.

Milwaukee rebuilds, LAL makes a run in a few years, Chicago gets some scoring in their frontline, and Miami if they cant get anything good for Williams gets a SF that could turn things around and produce that is also on the "3 year Shaq plan" and a low second round pick.

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva, Bobby Simmons, Second Round Pick, Future Second Round Pick

Milwaukee gets: Corey Maggette, Jason Williams, Tyrus Thomas, Tim Thomas, Quinton Ross, LAL First

Chicago trades: Tyrus Thomas

Chicago gets: Charlie Villanueva, Bucks Future Second Round Pick

LAC trades: Corey Maggette, Tim Thomas, Quinton Ross, First Round Pick

LAC gets: Michael Redd

Miami trades: Jason Williams

Miami gets: Bobby Simmons, Bucks Second Round Pick
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,288

Post#2 » by BBallFreak » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:08 am

Miami's not doing it if they can't include Smush Parker...
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#3 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:16 am

BBallFreak wrote:Miami's not doing it if they can't include Smush Parker...

Whats his contract? He really expiring?
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:17 am

Miami's not doing if they can include Smush Parker. Bobby Simmons has become a complete albatross contract. For expirings? I don't think so. At least send Tyrus Thomas our way if you're going to rape Chicago along with Miami :D
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:18 am

RingtheBell wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Whats his contract? He really expiring?

He's got a 2.4 player option for next season and it's not probable that he' opts out.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#6 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:20 am

I like it. Maggette will opt out, but he definitely provides some cap relief for us. I like Ross's defense a lot as well. The pick from the Clippers along with Thomas are two things that would certainly help the rebuilding process.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:20 am

Flash is the Future wrote:Miami's not doing if they can include Smush Parker. Bobby Simmons has become a complete albatross contract. For expirings? I don't think so. At least send Tyrus Thomas our way if you're going to rape Chicago along with Miami :D

I dont see see how were raping you. You get a player who could turn things around, not saying he definitly will, but he has shown that he is better then this, for a player who if you had a good deal on the table for would have already been gone and who is of practically no use to you guys as an expiring whereas when Simmons expires he'd be a huge help to you guys with Wade, Shaq, Blount and Simmons all expiring at the same time.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:29 am

Simmons has shown nothing other than potentially being one of the worst contracts out there. I'd rather have Larry Hughes. He's a better ballhandler and defender.
skones
RealGM

Post#9 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:31 am

Flash is the Future wrote:Simmons has shown nothing other than potentially being one of the worst contracts out there. I'd rather have Larry Hughes. He's a better ballhandler and defender.

Also, Williams for Simmons was a rumored deal earlier this season.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:33 am

Which was agreeably bad for Miami. Just because it's rumored doesn't mean it's good for Miami. Rafer Alston for Udonis Haslem was "rumored" this summer, and a lot of Rockets fans thought it was happening. :lol:
skones
RealGM

Post#11 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:41 am

Flash is the Future wrote:Which was agreeably bad for Miami. Just because it's rumored doesn't mean it's good for Miami. Rafer Alston for Udonis Haslem was "rumored" this summer, and a lot of Rockets fans thought it was happening. :lol:

I think the Simmons-Williams deal certainly had some truth behind it. Alston for Haslem? That's ugly. At least Simmons has some upside.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:44 am

if that deal would've gone down, who would've played PG for Miami? Because Dwyane Wade+Pat Riley are vehemently against moving Wade to PG. We'd have Chris Quinn, and an exiled Smush Parker
skones
RealGM

Post#13 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:49 am

Flash is the Future wrote:if that deal would've gone down, who would've played PG for Miami? Because Dwyane Wade+Pat Riley are vehemently against moving Wade to PG. We'd have Chris Quinn, and an exiled Smush Parker

I think at that point you guys were looking for any help you could possibly get. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure Riley and company would have been completely against Wade at point guard if they were picking up some W's.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,288

Post#14 » by BBallFreak » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:50 am

Why does Bobby Simmons translate to wins for us, but not for you?
skones
RealGM

Post#15 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:57 am

BBallFreak wrote:Why does Bobby Simmons translate to wins for us, but not for you?

I'm not saying he would have. But the thought behind the deal would obviously have been Bobby Simmons turning his play around.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#16 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:58 am

BBallFreak wrote:Why does Bobby Simmons translate to wins for us, but not for you?

Is it just me or are you guys not looking for wins but drooling over a high pick. Either Williams, Simmons or anyone you could get for Williams isnt going to translate into wins. I just though maybe you guys were really serious about the Shaq rebuilding plan and wouldnt mind practically a first round pick on top.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:01 am

We ARE drooling over a high pick. But that doesn't mean we should trade expirings for bad players on bad contracts to insure losses. If we wanted to lose out, we could just give Luke Jackson 48MPG. Trading for longer contracts is absolutely NOT the thing to do.

Return to Trades and Transactions