MIN-MIL

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SnoBrdrRob
Junior
And1: 1

MIN-MIL 

Post#1 » by SnoBrdrRob » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:59 am

MIL Trades/Wolves Receive: Michael Redd
MIN Trades/Bucks Receive: Theo Ratliff (expiring), Rashad McCants, Randy Foye

MINNESOTA
PG: Telfair/Jaric/Buckner
SG: Redd/Green
SF: Brewer/Gomes
PF: Walker//Smith/Madsen
C: Jefferson/Doleac

MILWAUKEE
PG: MWilliams/Foye/Bell
SG: McCants
SF: Mason/Simmons/Storey
PF: Yi/Villanueva/Noel
C: Bogut/Gadzuric/Ratliff

Minnesota trades a couple pieces and acquires a star shooter to create a trio of the future with Jefferson and Brewer.

Milwaukee deals Redd for cap relief (Ratliff), a promising PG (Foye), and a young SG (McCants). Since they already have a a couple point guards, they can choose to trade with Foye or Williams and a player or two and come up with a solid player or 2.
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Pats19andO » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:02 am

why?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Re: MIN-MIL 

Post#3 » by loserX » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:04 am

SnoBrdrRob wrote:Minnesota trades a couple pieces and acquires a star shooter to create a trio of the future with Jefferson and Brewer.

I'm pretty sure the Wolves think that third spot in the trio is already filled...by Foye. No reason for them to throw away the rebuild (Redd's huge deal will plow them into the luxury tax and probably cost them more young players they can't re-sign) on Michael Redd.
ahagen87
Junior
And1: 4

Post#4 » by ahagen87 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:43 am

dont see the wolves doing it but bucks yea
kandiking
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#5 » by kandiking » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:56 am

I can't see the wolves trading foye. people on this board are really forgetting how good he was last year. michael redd is a great player but as stated earlier Glen Taylor is a pretty cheap owner and won't take that contract.
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,722

Re: MIN-MIL 

Post#6 » by Basti » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:10 pm

SnoBrdrRob wrote:MIL Trades/Wolves Receive: Michael Redd
MIN Trades/Bucks Receive: Theo Ratliff (expiring), Rashad McCants, Randy Foye

MINNESOTA
PG: Telfair/Jaric/Buckner
SG: Redd/Green
SF: Brewer/Gomes
PF: Walker//Smith/Madsen
C: Jefferson/Doleac

MILWAUKEE
PG: MWilliams/Foye/Bell
SG: McCants
SF: Mason/Simmons/Storey
PF: Yi/Villanueva/Noel
C: Bogut/Gadzuric/Ratliff

Minnesota trades a couple pieces and acquires a star shooter to create a trio of the future with Jefferson and Brewer.

Milwaukee deals Redd for cap relief (Ratliff), a promising PG (Foye), and a young SG (McCants). Since they already have a a couple point guards, they can choose to trade with Foye or Williams and a player or two and come up with a solid player or 2.

no. wolves won't stop rebuilding for a player like redd
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,089

Post#7 » by shrink » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:07 pm

Ick. MIN would need to pay Micheal Redd $12 mil next season. Wouldn't you say that they are the farthest team in the NBA from being able to use Redd, and make a run at the play-offs?

Foye and McCants are two lottery pick 1sts. No one knows how good either will be. Because of the microfracture surgery, this is the first season he nba get a look at him. Foye's per minute numbers last season were almost identical to ROY Roy's. The Wolves traded Kevin Garnett to rebuild.

Finally, financially, trading Theo Ratliff for Redd means that the Wolves use up all their space under the lux, so they can't re-sign Craig Smith, Ryan Gomes, Chris Richard, or Sebastian Telfair, so they lose those guys for nothing.

Redd is a prolific scorer who has stopped playing defense and has a high salary. I think this trade might be over-estimating his value, but its certainly picked the wrong trading partner.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Simulack » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:31 pm

Makes no sense for Minnesota but I also don't particularly like it for the Bucks.

Foye is the main prospect here (McCants is "just a guy") and I don't really understand the hype with him and he plays a position that we already have a pretty solid player at in Mo Williams.

It's decent value but IMO just doesn't make sense for either team.

shrink wrote:Redd is a prolific scorer who has stopped playing defense and has a high salary.

****, did I miss the one game in last 5 years when he started playing defense? :P

Return to Trades and Transactions