is chris wilcox available?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

thaAteam
Banned User
And1: 2

is chris wilcox available? 

Post#1 » by thaAteam » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:21 am

he would be a great fit for the mavs in a backup role as the 4/5 player in situations so if he is free what would sonics fans want in return
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#2 » by wiff » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:15 am

Devin Harris for starters would be nice.

Of course everyone in Dallas is going to say "no way Devin is our starting PG" but Wilcox is Seattle's starting PF so the Sonics need to get a starter in return. And Seattle needs a PG.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#3 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:26 am

Devin Harris is too much. I don't see Dallas being willing to part with what's needed to get Wilcox just so they can make him a backup PF (no he's not a C, you might as well play Dirk at C, and we all know that's not a good idea).
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,909

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:39 am

I'd offer some combination of expirings and Marco Belinelli or a 1st.
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#5 » by Mindflayer » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:53 am

Odom + 1st.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Re: is chris wilcox available? 

Post#6 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:19 am

thaAteam wrote:he would be a great fit for the mavs in a backup role as the 4/5 player in situations so if he is free what would sonics fans want in return

With respect, I just don't think the Mavs & Sonics are good trading partners. I'm not seeing any trade possibilities with the Mavs for C Wilcox that make any sense.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:24 am

gswhoops wrote:I'd offer some combination of expirings and Marco Belinelli or a 1st.

That's interesting... what ever happened to M Belinelli? I can't remember the last time I saw anything other than DNP-CD next to his name in the box score.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:37 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's interesting... what ever happened to M Belinelli? I can't remember the last time I saw anything other than DNP-CD next to his name in the box score.

I don't know...he looked really hot in preseason but his shot just hasn't fallen so far.

But yeah, I'd do a deal like Pietrus, O'Bryant, and Belinelli for Wilcox and Wilkins...would that be OK for Seattle?
Det the Threat
Head Coach
And1: 356

Post#9 » by Det the Threat » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:53 pm

gswhoops wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know...he looked really hot in preseason but his shot just hasn't fallen so far.

But yeah, I'd do a deal like Pietrus, O'Bryant, and Belinelli for Wilcox and Wilkins...would that be OK for Seattle?

Maybe if your 1st and our 2nd round pick could be included.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:32 pm

Det the Threat wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe if your 1st and our 2nd round pick could be included.

I don't think I'd do Beli and a 1st...the idea was kind of an "either/or" thing. If Wilkins is the problem he can easily go, I'd just seen him being shipped out in a lot of deals.

Why I wouldn't add in the first is that the expirings we're giving up might also have some use as players, so they would have more value than a straight up expiring on a useless player like Theo Ratliff.
asdf1223
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#11 » by asdf1223 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:49 pm

but can pietrus get pt alongside durant and green? pob is just another project center for us so that doesnt help us either.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#12 » by wiff » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:04 pm

asdf1223 wrote:but can pietrus get pt alongside durant and green? pob is just another project center for us so that doesnt help us either.

I kind of like the Pietrus idea. I think he can get minutes next to Durant and Green.

In my mind I think Pietrus as a 3/2.
Green is a 3/4
and Durant is a 3/2/4

I think this could really create a ton of match up problems.

I think Durant could play guard/forward same with Pietrus and Green could play sf/pf

My only concern is when Durant puts on some more weight in a year or two can he still play enough of the two and can pietrus play enough of the two to be effective.

Doesn't Pietrus need a sign and trade to be moved though????

I'd trade Wilcox, Wilkins or the Sonics high 2nd round pick for Belinelli and Pietrus.
D5150
Starter
And1: 3

Post#13 » by D5150 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:12 pm

belinelli looked pretty good in sumer league, but hasn't been able to crack the rotation so far. he is still an interesting player, seems to have a good feel for the game. kind of remindes me of brent barry a little. as a sonics fan, wilcox and wilkins for belinelli and pietrus is something i would be interested in, but i would not send any picks back to golden state. a starting power forward for two wing players (one of which doesn't get any run) is plenty for golden state.
Don't act like you're not impressed.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by djthesonicsfan » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:40 pm

C Wilcox & D Wilkins for M Belinelli & M Pietrus works per CBA... if M Pietrus agrees.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... -469&cash=

Interesting idea. Not sure I'd do it, but I might if I was confident about getting a PG in the draft. That would make a 2008/09 roster something like...

Starters - 2008 1st (D Rose or J Bayless), M Pietrus, K Durant, J Green, R Swift
Rotation - D West, N Collison, W Szczerbiak, Petro?/Sene?, M Belinelli, 2008 1st (?)

And M Belinelli takes over Szczerbiak's role when he's either traded or his contract expires. Or M Belinelli and M Pietrus change places in the starting lineup depending how they & the team develop.

That's beginning to look like an interesting rotation. Doesn't take into account what the Sonics do/get with/for K Thomas, E Watson and/or L Ridnour. So still lots of questions.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,586

Post#15 » by hermes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:40 pm

Mindflayer wrote:Odom + 1st.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#16 » by Downtown » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:59 pm

I said back in the summer after watching Bellinelli that he was a one trick pony flashy shooter that plays absolutely some of the worst defense I've ever seen. There's no question why he isn't playing in the NBA. He's simply not prepared for it. Summer league makes alot of one dimensional backcourt players seem better than they are.

Pietrus hasn't lived up to his biling since being drafted years ago and in my opinion he's about as good as he's going to get.

As a Sonics fan I think getting both these players would be a huge step backwards for the direction they're trying to steer the team in, namely more defensive. I want no part of either one.

Return to Trades and Transactions