NY-Sac-Por

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

KM44
Sixth Man
And1: 0

NY-Sac-Por 

Post#1 » by KM44 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:51 am

Its a pretty basic trade:

Kings Trade: Artest, Douby, Garcia, 2nd
Kings Get: Robinson, Lee, Rose, Frye

NY Trade: Lee, Robinson, Rose
NY Get: Artest, 2nd(Portland), 2nd(Kings)

Por Trade: Frye, 2nd
Por Get: Douby, Garcia
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 639

Post#2 » by sackings916 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:56 am

Aren't you a Kings fan? What does this do for us? This doesn't make the Kings a better team. We lose Artest + our backcourt depth for 3 more undersized PFs, we dont clear any salary(K9 or SAR) or get any picks. Robinson isnt better than Douby.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,454

Post#3 » by KF10 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:57 am

Kings decline...Why does this accomplish for us?
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#4 » by Spykes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:19 am

Garcia is a decent player and showing some nice improvement this season, but he doesn't give the Blazers anything they don't already have with Outlaw and Webster.

On top of that, Portland is thin up front, so trading a decent backup PF/C for a PG and SF is really a dumb move for the Blazers.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#5 » by J~Rush » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:22 am

I don't think Portland wants Douby or Garcia.
e
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by DeezXXnutZ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:33 am

Spykes wrote:Garcia is a decent player and showing some nice improvement this season, but he doesn't give the Blazers anything they don't already have with Outlaw and Webster.

On top of that, Portland is thin up front, so trading a decent backup PF/C for a PG and SF is really a dumb move for the Blazers.

Couldn't say it better if I tried...

:thumbsup:
b_roy7
Veteran

Post#7 » by b_roy7 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:21 am

DeezXXnutZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Couldn't say it better if I tried...

:thumbsup:
I can. Actually, add on to that. We'd have to cut someone. Could be a problem, could not, but either way, I don't think cutting someone for a trade that doesn't do much for us(if at all) is worth it.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by KM44 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:42 am

well I walked into a buzzsaw there.
Here's my rebuttle:

Yes, I am a kings fan, and I feel like our team at its best, completely healthy, could not beat the Spurs, the Suns, the Mavs, or any of the other top teir teams in the league.

Kings have Artest, a beautiful bargaining chip for NY (who is desperate for another bloated salary with an attitude), and he is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. I have watched him since he has come to the kings, and he cannot defend anyone smaller and faster than him, he just cant. (many will argue, and you might think im wrong, but thats my opinion and im sticking to it).

Douby was a wasted pick; the kings did not need him and will never need him, Rondo would have been the better pick by a mile and a half. With that said, he is a superfluous tool who can be used by a younger team that can give him a chance.

Garcia is in the same boat for the kings. he, to me, is pure trade bait. He's a talented young player that isnt as good as Martin or Salmons, but he can start for a team (blazers).

Looking back, douby should not be a part of this trade. it should be the kings giving garcia to the blazers for frye + pick. douby was filler for cap, and i thought that it might have evened out the trade a little.

In conclusion, I think that all of the people on this website have expectations that cannot be met. There is a reason why you arent GMs. Think more openly about trades, I know trashing people can be fun, but this seems like a pretty plausable trade to me, but I am not a GM, so sorry
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#9 » by Spykes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:03 am

KM44 wrote:In conclusion, I think that all of the people on this website have expectations that cannot be met. There is a reason why you arent GMs. Think more openly about trades, I know trashing people can be fun, but this seems like a pretty plausable trade to me, but I am not a GM, so sorry

Who exactly do you think was "trashing" you? People just gave you reasonable reasons for why the teams wouldn't like this trade. If you're going to post trade ideas, you have to be willing to accept that not every is going to like it. As a matter of fact, a majority of people will usually really hate your ideas, that's true for everyone. Gotta be able to take a little criticisms around here.

Personally, I'm plenty open about trades, but this one makes no sense from Portland's POV. Like I mentioned before, there's no reason for Portland to trade Frye for Garcia when the Blazers already have 2 (arguably 3 including Jones) players who are as good (if not better) than him.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by KM44 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:09 am

trruuu dat, I kinda overreacted, it just buggs me how every trade is shot down, not just mine, everyones. you made a good point though, garcia isnt really needed with outlaw and webster, thats the dealbreaker. looked good for the kings though, sorry, I'm baised
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by DeezXXnutZ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:43 am

KM44 wrote:trruuu dat, I kinda overreacted, it just buggs me how every trade is shot down, not just mine, everyones. you made a good point though, garcia isnt really needed with outlaw and webster, thats the dealbreaker. looked good for the kings though, sorry, I'm baised

The 1st problem with a trade from Portlands point of view is that everyone on the team is contributing right now..This factors into there values so even if a fair value trade was made we probably wouldn't be interested unless we were hands down getting the better deal in the trade (Which neither happens in this trade)..

The Blazers aren't going to deal anyone until summer comes I can almost gaurantee you so don't get offended.......
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 639

Post#12 » by sackings916 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:50 am

KM44 wrote:well I walked into a buzzsaw there.
Here's my rebuttle:

Yes, I am a kings fan, and I feel like our team at its best, completely healthy, could not beat the Spurs, the Suns, the Mavs, or any of the other top teir teams in the league.

Kings have Artest, a beautiful bargaining chip for NY (who is desperate for another bloated salary with an attitude), and he is one of the most overrated players in the NBA. I have watched him since he has come to the kings, and he cannot defend anyone smaller and faster than him, he just cant. (many will argue, and you might think im wrong, but thats my opinion and im sticking to it).

Douby was a wasted pick; the kings did not need him and will never need him, Rondo would have been the better pick by a mile and a half. With that said, he is a superfluous tool who can be used by a younger team that can give him a chance.

Garcia is in the same boat for the kings. he, to me, is pure trade bait. He's a talented young player that isnt as good as Martin or Salmons, but he can start for a team (blazers).

Looking back, douby should not be a part of this trade. it should be the kings giving garcia to the blazers for frye + pick. douby was filler for cap, and i thought that it might have evened out the trade a little.

In conclusion, I think that all of the people on this website have expectations that cannot be met. There is a reason why you arent GMs. Think more openly about trades, I know trashing people can be fun, but this seems like a pretty plausable trade to me, but I am not a GM, so sorry

How can you say Douby was a wasted pick at this point when he's not even halfway thru his 2nd year? Douby has the talent and ability on both ends he just needs to get comfortable and gain more confidence and experience. And Rondo doesn't have half of the offensive potential Douby does, while Douby has shown he can be a very capable if not lockdown defender with his speed and length.

Return to Trades and Transactions