Ultimate Bad contract trade.... ZBO, Bibby, Artest, Hughes

Moderators: MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck

DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Ultimate Bad contract trade.... ZBO, Bibby, Artest, Hughes 

Post#1 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:06 pm

okay, well first going to state that I am a fan of none of these teams, but here is a trade proposal that just might work...

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Sacramento, Cleveland, and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento, Cleveland, and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4395124
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.
Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +0.5 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -1.1 apg.
Incoming Players
Ira Newble
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
3.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 13.2 minutes
Eric Snow
6-3 PG from Michigan State
0.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 12.5 minutes
David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
9.8 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.4 minutes
Nate Robinson
5-9 PG from Washington
10.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 20.2 minutes
Jerome James
7-1 C from Florida A&M
No games yet played in 2007/08
Outgoing Players
Quincy Douby
6-3 SG from Rutgers
4.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.9 minutes
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 4.3 apg in 40.4 minutes
Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
1.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.2 minutes
Mike Bibby
6-2 PG from Arizona

okay, so for the Kings I could see where some fans could be for this or against this, but in total, think it would be a good deal for them as they start to retool. Newble is an EC, while Snow could handle the point with Beno for the next season and half.. even then they still would have lil Nate as a game changer. They also are able to unload K9's bad deal for a smaller (same amount of time) bad deal in Cookies (Jerome James)... the deal for the Kings is that they would get David Lee as their PF for the future to match up with eventually Hawes and Kmart down the road.

Cleveland Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -7.3 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and -3.3 apg.
Incoming Players
Mike Bibby
6-2 PG from Arizona
Malik Rose
6-7 PF from Drexel
2.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.1 minutes
Zach Randolph
6-9 PF from Michigan State
17.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 32.8 minutes
Outgoing Players
Ira Newble
6-7 SF from Miami-OH
3.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.2 apg in 13.2 minutes
Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas
12.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 32.5 minutes
Eric Snow
6-3 PG from Michigan State
0.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 12.5 minutes
Larry Hughes
6-5 SG from St. Louis
9.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 27.9 minutes

okay, so with the Cavs, the way I see this is that they move one undesirable bad contract in Hughes for another bad contract in Zebo, but at least with this deal, they also move Snow and bring in Bibby. Not only do they bring in a PG who can help with the scoring load, they also bring in another bigman who can pair up with Big Z to form a pretty scoring and rebounding front court. The only thing I would be unsure of, would be how well would the defense work between Zebo and Z. Lastly, Malik would probably provide a nice vetran off the bench and possibly even rejuvinate him some, knowing that he actually has something to play for.

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +6.8 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and +4.4 apg.
Incoming Players
Quincy Douby
6-3 SG from Rutgers
4.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 0.7 apg in 12.9 minutes
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.1 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 4.3 apg in 40.4 minutes
Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
1.4 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.6 apg in 12.2 minutes
Drew Gooden
6-9 PF from Kansas
12.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 32.5 minutes
Larry Hughes
6-5 SG from St. Louis
9.6 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 27.9 minutes
Outgoing Players
David Lee
6-9 PF from Florida
9.8 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 26.4 minutes
Nate Robinson
5-9 PG from Washington
10.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 20.2 minutes
Jerome James
7-1 C from Florida A&M
Malik Rose
6-7 PF from Drexel
2.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.1 minutes
Zach Randolph
6-9 PF from Michigan State
17.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 32.8 minutes

So if I had to pick a team that maybe most against this deal, think it might be the Knicks. Bad contracts that they get to move, would be Zebo and Cookies, but they are also picking up a few not so kind deals. Here is some thought process... Along with picking up Artest who ACTUALLY wants to play for the KNicks, they get to move the mismatched Zebo for a PF combo that actually might be able to play next to Curry in Gooden and K9... who knows, maybe Kenny Thomas in a new surrounding may actually produce and should be more productive than Cookies anyways. So to me, the kicker is Hughes... thinking here is that a Marbury(when around), Crawford, Hughes and Qrich backcourt actually wouldnt be that bad, and with Hughes actually being a defender, it would give the Knicks another player that they dont have.. one that plays defense.. in this trade, they actually pick up two starters who play D

So I am not saying that this would be the best deal for these three teams, but it would be a creative way to move some big dollars and give these franchises a boost and maybe some direction towards the future.. In Clev's case, maybe some more scoring to help out LeBron.... Well bash away... but please provide sane comments
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Smills91 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:09 pm

Kings pass and it's not even close. Jerome James is a downgrade from Kenny Thomas, Artest/Bibby are worth more than this package - that package has the makings of potential if it were one or the other, but not both. No way in hell.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#3 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:24 pm

well to be honest, the K9 for Cookies part could be taken out, but if thats the difference between getting Balkman compared to Lee, have a feeling that Geoff would take Cookies back.

as for not getting enough in an Artest/Bibby deal combo, well getting Lee is a nice start, plus saving dollars this season, getting a young PG and a smaller contract in Snow isnt that bad.. granted I probably would want something better than Snow myself, but there are also follow trades that could be made futher down the road... also, Bibby doesnt have as much value as Kings fans would like, especially when missing the first 2 1/2 months of this season and not knowing what he will do the rest of this season or how he will play out next year (lame duck seaso for him)
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#4 » by deNIEd » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:49 pm

Lee is not a PF for the future. He can't even get playing time on the Knicks (the worst organzation in the league, and one of the worst teams).
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach

Post#5 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:04 pm

look at whose running that organization
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#6 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:14 pm

Eric Snow & Jerome James = Kings Say No
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,086

Post#7 » by mg » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:53 pm

^^At least Snow is an expiring next year and doesn't Jerome James have one less year than Kenny Thomas? Not saying this is a deal that Sac should consider, but it would bring in a good young PF in Lee and some more manageable contracts.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#8 » by Maritimer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:00 pm

There's no way that this is the best Sacramento could get for Bibby and Artest. Lee and a lot of filler? Yikes.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#9 » by Smills91 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:25 pm

mg wrote:^^At least Snow is an expiring next year and doesn't Jerome James have one less year than Kenny Thomas? Not saying this is a deal that Sac should consider, but it would bring in a good young PF in Lee and some more manageable contracts.

So is Bibby.

This package has potential and could work if it was ONE or the OTHER in terms of Bibby or ROn...but not both. That's the major hold up. If it's Ron it's even more, namely taking on Kenny Thomas.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,660

Post#10 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:25 pm

God I hate when people post huge trades by simply copying and pasting from the trade checker. C'mon people! Go the extra mile and delete out the extraneous information so the rest of us can easily evaluate the trade. I have to page down 3 times in order to read the entire trade.
Bac2Basics
RealGM

Post#11 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:33 pm

nate33 wrote:God I hate when people post huge trades by simply copying and pasting from the trade checker. C'mon people! Go the extra mile and delete out the extraneous information so the rest of us can easily evaluate the trade. I have to page down 3 times in order to read the entire trade.

+1
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#12 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:45 pm

Cavs accept, and I actually think the Knicks get too much. You can throw KT the Cavs way, let James stay with the Knicks, and we'll give the Kings Marshall. We'd probably throw in our 1st this year, and the Knicks would give a 1st next year maybe?
Bac2Basics
RealGM

Post#13 » by Bac2Basics » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:06 pm

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:Cavs accept, and I actually think the Knicks get too much. You can throw KT the Cavs way, let James stay with the Knicks, and we'll give the Kings Marshall. We'd probably throw in our 1st this year, and the Knicks would give a 1st next year maybe?

Oh, well in that case.....................

Kings still say no.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,004

Post#14 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:12 pm

:jawdrop: :lol:
This looks like someone threw up.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:18 pm

I can't see the Knicks eating Hughes deal to just dump J James at the cost of most of the few productive guys they have.

Randolph >>>>Curry. Lee>>>Curry, While Randolph/Lee REBOUND....Curry doesn't bother. Curry is allegedly an offensive force..but Nate Robinson seems to be scoring more per minute. Hughes frequent physical breakdowns have marked him as one of THE bad contracts. There's a version where NYK KEEPS James and then is sending out an 09 #1? Well....the Knix DO dumb things but

at least seem to have SOME concept going. I can't see NYK trading a rd 1 in a deal where they are not really getting anything. They EARN those high picks.

I'm sure there's some theoretical deal that could "fix" the Knicks....except it won't happen. More likely--NYK tries one more of the usual and gets burned and that's the last straw for Thomas. The shortcuts won't work,mostly time is what heals the Knicks.

Fir Sac..too much baggage coming with Lee,though perhaps they look at some $$ savings as enough reward
CENSORED... No comment.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,590

Post#16 » by hermes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:55 pm

holy buckets
i don't like it from the kings side

someone is going to come out back when this many bad contracts are flying around
Pugsley_2491
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by Pugsley_2491 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 10:41 pm

cavs get way too much. they dont even have enough pieces for bibby alone but suddenly they get randolph too?

Return to Trades and Transactions