The market for Tracy McGrady

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,337

The market for Tracy McGrady 

Post#1 » by Walmart » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:42 am

I just wanted to see what kind of value others thought the Rockets could get for McGrady(if you think he should be traded). If they were trade to him should they trade for a star Power Forward to go with Yao or should it be a shooting guard? Do you think they could get Pau Gasol or complete a sign and trade with the Clippers for Brand over the summer?
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#2 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:11 am

There is no market. No one wants him for more than their spare parts because of his injury issues, and the Rockets aren't looking to trade him anyway. The Chicago Tribune made up a BS rumor that Tmac was unhappy in Houston (he is, but its because he's not playing due to a knee injury, not that he wants a trade) and its been recycled in the Detroit paper, and probably others.

The Rockets don't want JO, Redd, or any other overpaid, lazy, no defense former all star in return either.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#3 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:56 am

It was old news that we were going to trade him in the first place....and it was all BS, there is no market, and the Rockets currently are not looking to trade him.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Harry10
Banned User

Post#4 » by Harry10 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:08 am

Redd, Joe Johnson, Gasol, Caron Bulter, healthy Elton Brand.

i think an interesting trade would be some sort of Chicago trade:

Wallace/Deng or Wallace/Hinrich
RoxFan08
Veteran

Post#5 » by RoxFan08 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:26 am

Harry10 wrote:Redd, Joe Johnson, Gasol, Caron Bulter, healthy Elton Brand.

i think an interesting trade would be some sort of Chicago trade:

Wallace/Deng or Wallace/Hinrich

No and No. Wallace is nothing but a terrible contract, and neither Deng nor Hinrich is the player McGrady is, even last year before they both started sucking this year.

Return to Trades and Transactions