NJN-HOU (1 for 1)

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

NJN-HOU (1 for 1) 

Post#1 » by zong » Wed Jan 9, 2008 3:57 pm

Simple trade:

Bonzi Wells for Bostjan Nachbar

-both are expiring deals
-both contributes to help eliminate a team's weakness
-Nachbar goes back to a team he knows a bit well
-Bonzi could use a change of scenery and add some grit to the 2nd unit of NJN

NJN:
Boone/Magloire
Williams/Krstic
Jefferson/Bonzi
Carter/Wright
Kidd/Williams

HOU:
Yao/Mutombo
Hayes/Scola
Battier/Nachbar
McGrady/Head
Alston/Brooks

opinions?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:32 pm

Houston does not do this...but I am curious about your statement that "Bonzi could use a change in scenery." Why would you say that?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#3 » by zong » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:37 pm

Mr. E wrote:Houston does not do this...but I am curious about your statement that "Bonzi could use a change in scenery." Why would you say that?

i had assumed (guess i was wrong to) that Bonzi isnt playing with a lot of fire in his efforts, i think hes playing decently with Mac out atm, but he doesnt shoot the 3ball well enough, since NJ has Antoine Wright in the 2nd unit to shoot 3s, they might as well move Nachbar
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:23 pm

zong wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i had assumed (guess i was wrong to) that Bonzi isnt playing with a lot of fire in his efforts, i think hes playing decently with Mac out atm, but he doesnt shoot the 3ball well enough, since NJ has Antoine Wright in the 2nd unit to shoot 3s, they might as well move Nachbar

Bonzi has played great with Tmac out, and has been one of the best players all season long, he has been consistent at times, but hes always been there, Houston doesn't do this, and the fact that Bonzi is an expiring helps us out even more.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Post#5 » by deviljets7 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:27 pm

zong wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

NJ is dead last in 3-point shooting percentage and Wright is shooting .274 (career .272) from long range. As much as Nachbar has struggled this year, he's still probably their best 3-point shooter.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.

Return to Trades and Transactions