Toine/Jaric for Dunleavy

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Toine/Jaric for Dunleavy 

Post#1 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:14 am

Pacers Get:
Antoine Walker
Marko Jaric

Wolves Get:
Mike Dunleavy Jr.
Marquis Daniels

Pacers reunite Antoine w/ Jim O'Brein. Toine fits O'Breins style of coaching and adding Jaric to their backcourt will give them one of the deeper rotations in the East.

Wolves get another young player to play alongside Al, Brewer, Foye for the next 5 years. The Wolves shed a year off Jaric's contract, although it provides the Wolves no major cap relief besides that. The chance to play for a rebuilder might finally give Dunleavy what he needs to live up to a #3 overall pick.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#2 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:16 am

What a joke. Go look at the season Dunleavy is having.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:25 am

yunggunz wrote:What a joke. Go look at the season Dunleavy is having.

go look how many rings rasho has since you are such a numbers expert.

dunleavy is having a good year but unless you view marquis daniels as anything but a bad contract, the pacers get a 2 for 1 getting back a coach favorite who fits the system and a good combo guard.
CableKC
RealGM
And1: 10,743

Post#4 » by CableKC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 am

yunggunz wrote:What a joke. Go look at the season Dunleavy is having.

I think that's why he wants Dunleavy. :wink:

Sorry...but pass....Walker is not allowed to ever dawn a Pacer uniform. I would much rather live with Dunleavy's contract and the way that he is playing under JO'B then take on Walker.
- In 2024, you are not voting for a "Democrat" or "Republican". You are voting for the Party that will defend Democracy and protect the most vulnerable among us.

#THE_GOP_IS_DEAD
#IT_IS_THE_PARTY_OF_TRUMP_NOW
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#5 » by loserX » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:28 am

Dunleavy is performing at a much higher level than Jaric and has a shorter contract. The Pacers already have plenty of PFs, too. (And how does trading Dunleavy, who can play the 1/2/3, and Daniels, who can play the 1/2/3, for Jaric give them a deeper rotation??)

There is virtually no benefit for the Pacers.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 am

loflin3hree5ive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

go look how many rings rasho has since you are such a numbers expert.

dunleavy is having a good year but unless you view marquis daniels as anything but a bad contract, the pacers get a 2 for 1 getting back a coach favorite who fits the system and a good combo guard.

LMAO. Jaric isnt much better than Daniels and has a much worse contract.

That essentially makes this TOine for Dunleavy.

Just stop trying.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:30 am

loserX wrote:Dunleavy is performing at a much higher level than Jaric and has a shorter contract. The Pacers already have plenty of PFs, too. (And how does trading Dunleavy, who can play the 1/2/3, and Daniels, who can play the 1/2/3, for Jaric give them a deeper rotation??)

There is virtually no benefit for the Pacers.

deeper backcourt rotation. those guys might handle the ball, but i wouldn't consider either dun or daniels point guards. i guess it depends on how you value jaric and i know people hate toine but o'brien loves him and you can't deny he fits ob's offense.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:38 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LMAO. Jaric isnt much better than Daniels and has a much worse contract.

That essentially makes this TOine for Dunleavy.

Just stop trying.

jaric has one year more (much worse) than daniels and if you think they cancel each other out then i guess i can just add that to your list of gems.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:49 am

jaric has one year more (much worse) than daniels and if you think they cancel each other out then i guess i can just add that to your list of gems.

Daniels has a team option on his third year. He is only guaranteed 13 mill over 2 years. Jaric is guaranteed 27. I would call that much worse, yes. And not worth the extra 2 assist you get from Marko (of course, on a per minute basis, Daniels is a much better player). You force a GM to take on e of the 2, and 30 GMs out of 30 will take Marquise.

Have a little humility man, this is god awful.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#10 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:52 am

Wolves pass too.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,759

Post#11 » by Basti » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:03 am

deeney0 wrote:Wolves pass too.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 am

yunggunz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Daniels has a team option on his third year. He is only guaranteed 13 mill over 2 years. Jaric is guaranteed 27. I would call that much worse, yes. And not worth the extra 2 assist you get from Marko (of course, on a per minute basis, Daniels is a much better player). You force a GM to take on e of the 2, and 30 GMs out of 30 will take Marquise.

Have a little humility man, this is god awful.

i guess jaric's numbers aren't influenced by the organizations desire to get the young players their shots to give minny fans some sort of hope the future. i guess defense doesn't count in this comparison...

shame on you for telling anybody who posts trades for fun to "stop trying". have you ever read the guidelines for this board?

i'd understand you harassing me if i proclaimed my self to be any good at proposing good trades, b/c then i'd be asking for it. but realistically i'm just chillin at work posting trades and i seriously can't imagine what hypes you up so much for posting negative stuff about teams you aren't even a fan of.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#13 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:40 am

bad deal for both teams

Minny need to shed contracts, not adding on more

Indy lose out badly on talent here, and take on Jaric's contract
Pats19andO
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#14 » by Pats19andO » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:55 am

swap dumbleavy for murphy?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#15 » by moocow007 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:57 am

i guess jaric's numbers aren't influenced by the organizations desire to get the young players their shots to give minny fans some sort of hope the future. i guess defense doesn't count in this comparison...

Jaric is actually having a better year this year than he has in recent years when the Wolves were still kinda not willing to admit that they should be rebuilding so I'm not sure if that's a valid argument.

shame on you for telling anybody who posts trades for fun to "stop trying". have you ever read the guidelines for this board?

True.

i'd understand you harassing me if i proclaimed my self to be any good at proposing good trades, b/c then i'd be asking for it. but realistically i'm just chillin at work posting trades and i seriously can't imagine what hypes you up so much for posting negative stuff about teams you aren't even a fan of.

Yeah. But still this trade really doesn't do anything for the Pacers. Maybe save a few million? But as has been said, with how Dunleavy is playing this season, it's pretty difficult to argue that they should move him for 2 guys that really don't help them now nor fit into any kind of future for them. At least with Dunleavy if he can continue to play like this going forward, he very well could be a key peice of the Pacers future, or some other teams future.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#16 » by deeney0 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:03 am

Pats19andO wrote:swap dumbleavy for murphy?

Which makes a bad deal worse for the Wolves.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,771

Post#17 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:22 am

Pacers lose the 2 best players in the trade?

Yes, Daniels is better than Walker, at least for our teams style.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#18 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:24 am

^ not to mention Marquis is the only decent perimeter defender the Pacers have
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,771

Post#19 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 am

Granger and Williams can also defend out there.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 am

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jaric is actually having a better year this year than he has in recent years when the Wolves were still kinda not willing to admit that they should be rebuilding so I'm not sure if that's a valid argument.

out of context it is illogical but we were talking minute for minute who is better and although jaric is playing very well compared to past years it doesn't reflect in his stats.

Return to Trades and Transactions