Denver----Detroit----Seattle

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

yunggunz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Denver----Detroit----Seattle 

Post#1 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:22 am

Detroit Pistons

Incoming Players

Eduardo Najera
Salary: $4,952,380 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.3 REB: 4.7 AST: 1.1 PER: 11.99

Marcus Camby
Salary: $11,250,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 9.0 REB: 14.0 AST: 3.1 PER: 18.43

Outgoing Players: Antonio McDyess, Amir Johnson (BYC), Lindsey Hunter, Arron Afflalo
Seattle SuperSonics

Incoming Players

Von Wafer
Salary: $770,610 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.1 REB: 0.4 AST: 0.3 PER: -0.82

Amir Johnson
Salary: $3,666,667 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 2.5 REB: 2.8 AST: 0.4 PER: 17.10

Lindsey Hunter
Salary: $2,250,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.8 REB: 0.5 AST: 1.8 PER: 8.81
Photo: Arron Afflalo
Arron Afflalo
Salary: $944,520 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 3.6 REB: 1.5 AST: 0.7 PER: 11.27

Outgoing Players: Delonte West, Kurt Thomas
Denver Nuggets

Incoming Players

Antonio McDyess
Salary: $6,373,900 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 10.4 REB: 8.1 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.60

Delonte West
Salary: $1,889,760 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 8.0 REB: 2.6 AST: 3.5 PER: 11.45

Kurt Thomas
Salary: $8,091,188 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.8 REB: 9.8 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.60

Outgoing Players: Von Wafer, Eduardo Najera, Marcus Camby
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,889

Post#2 » by theBigLip » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 am

Detroit loses two good defensive stoppers in Hunter and Affalo. Dice has been solid. And they give up a solid prospect in Amir Johnson. They do get Camby, but I don't think it is worth it for the Pistons. Not sure if it helps Denver either - they need to win now, Amir doesn't help that cause.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#3 » by loflin3hree5ive » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:14 am

best trade i've ever seen. ever.
yunggunz
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by yunggunz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:21 am

loflin3hree5ive wrote:best trade i've ever seen. ever.

:lol:
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,346

Post#5 » by DaFan334 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:41 am

As a Nuggets fan, I love it. Delonte is a great fit for AI, while the Nuggets remain fairly deep up front.

Big question from me would be on Seattle's end as to if they want to get rid of West or not. If they do, they get one hell of a prospect in Amir Johnson that can make there front court of the future look better.

Detroit trades mainly small pieces for two very solid players that will fit in very well and could propel them to the top of the west. Najera can't be judged on his numbers. Watch him play a game and you will understand how valuable he can be.
SnoBrdrRob
Junior

Post#6 » by SnoBrdrRob » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 am

In no way shape or form does this remotely help Seattle. Thomas is an asset, not a liability. If you want him, you have to offer something decent. Not to mention, you throw West in too? C'mon
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#7 » by Hunter » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:33 am

theBigLip wrote:Detroit loses two good defensive stoppers in Hunter and Affalo. Dice has been solid. And they give up a solid prospect in Amir Johnson. They do get Camby, but I don't think it is worth it for the Pistons. Not sure if it helps Denver either - they need to win now, Amir doesn't help that cause.
If Camby is healthy I'd say this unquestionably improves our roster and possibly gets Detroit back over the top.

2 of our biggest problems are giving up dribble penetration and protecting the defensive glass and Camby solves both of those issues. It also allows Sheed to spend more time at PF.

And don't overlook the acquisition of Najera - he might be listed as a PF, but he's actually a tweener and almost an ideal fit behind Tay. He has the strength and tenacity to go at that bigger SF that cause Prince some problems. I'd actually love to make a play for him completely independent from this proposal.

But it IS a gamble because you just don't know if Camby will stay healthy or not. I'd probably do it though.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#8 » by wiff » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:36 am

I haven't had a chance to watch much of Amir or Affalo this season. I know Detroit is high on both these guys. Two decent prospects for Kurt and what is rumored to be an unhappy Delonte is a pretty decent value.

I think Seattle would have to at least consider it.
Mission Man
Sophomore
And1: 0

Denver Fan Thinks Your Nuts............. 

Post#9 » by Mission Man » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:50 pm

nowhere to close value for Camby alone, never mind "throwing" in a valuable glue guy like Eduardo.

The only way Denver does this is if you add the Knuts as a fourway & they can move McDyess again to NY for their number 1 !!!
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#10 » by Liqourish » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Detroit says no. Camby is just as old as Dice/Sheed and Dice has been healthy the past 3 yrs. Afflalo/Hunter are great defensive guards and Amir is a solid prospect who Dumars is high on. No way.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#11 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 pm

Camby is just as old as Dice/Sheed and Dice has been healthy the past 3 yrs.

Camby has been healthy too as of late, plus the Pistons are built to win now. Why pass up a chance to go for it all, rather than just another playoff burnout?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,072

Post#12 » by Snakebites » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 am

Hunter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Camby is healthy I'd say this unquestionably improves our roster and possibly gets Detroit back over the top.

2 of our biggest problems are giving up dribble penetration and protecting the defensive glass and Camby solves both of those issues. It also allows Sheed to spend more time at PF.

And don't overlook the acquisition of Najera - he might be listed as a PF, but he's actually a tweener and almost an ideal fit behind Tay. He has the strength and tenacity to go at that bigger SF that cause Prince some problems. I'd actually love to make a play for him completely independent from this proposal.

But it IS a gamble because you just don't know if Camby will stay healthy or not. I'd probably do it though.

Sums up my thoughts. We retain frontcourt depth and add a guy who helps us in the areas we need help.

Im comfortable with a 3 guard rotation, so while I like Afflalo he's worth more on a team deficient in two guards. Amir is a sacrifice, but IMO the upgrade we get upfront justifies the risk inherent in dealing him. Najera bolsters the bench.

I believe Camby will be healthy enough, and believing that hte deal is a no brainer.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#13 » by Master Shake » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:28 am

Well the deal puts us in a great position to win a title this season, and maybe next. But after that? I like Amir a lot, think he is a stud of a prospect, Afflalo could turn into a Raja Bell type player down the line, McDyess has been solid, and Hunter is a good situational guy.

Is an old injury prone Camby enough of an upgrade? It's debateable, I'm a little more conservative, so I say we stand pat instead, but if the goal is to win a title THIS season, then do it.
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#14 » by Hunter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:21 am

Master Shake wrote:Well the deal puts us in a great position to win a title this season, and maybe next. But after that? I like Amir a lot, think he is a stud of a prospect, Afflalo could turn into a Raja Bell type player down the line, McDyess has been solid, and Hunter is a good situational guy.

Is an old injury prone Camby enough of an upgrade? It's debateable, I'm a little more conservative, so I say we stand pat instead, but if the goal is to win a title THIS season, then do it.
The goal is always to win championships. There is no guarantee we'll ever have a better opportunity than we'll have this year and the next. You have to go for it.

I wouldn't pull a Miami and completely sell out our future to win now, but we wouldn't be doing that with this proposal. I like Amir as much as the next guy...but trade him for another championship or two? Yes, please. :nod:
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,348

Post#15 » by BDM22 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:02 am

Hunter wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The goal is always to win championships. There is no guarantee we'll ever have a better opportunity than we'll have this year and the next. You have to go for it.

I wouldn't pull a Miami and completely sell out our future to win now, but we wouldn't be doing that with this proposal. I like Amir as much as the next guy...but trade him for another championship or two? Yes, please. :nod:

Camby averages 56 games per season (not counting this year, my math is not that good. :lol:). Even if Camby magically stays healthy this entire season (which has never happened in his career), the Pistons would not be guaranteed a championship with him. If he doesn't stay healthy, we're much worse off than we are right now.

I'm just not sure if Camby is better than Dice enough to risk AA, Amir, and Camby's constant injuries. If it was Dice, an expiring, and one prospect/pick I would consider it. But Dice, Amir, Afflalo, and Lindsey is a significant chunk out of our depth now and core in the future considering all of the risks.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,014

Post#16 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:02 pm

BDM22 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Camby averages 56 games per season (not counting this year, my math is not that good. :lol:). Even if Camby magically stays healthy this entire season (which has never happened in his career), the Pistons would not be guaranteed a championship with him. If he doesn't stay healthy, we're much worse off than we are right now.

He played in 70 games last year and has only missed 1 game this year. He has been getting healthier (and playing better) with age. Besides, a lot of his injuries have been minor that causes him to miss regular season games, but come playoffs, he doesn't miss games. Since he has been with the Nuggets, he hasn't missed a playoff game.

That's when the Pistons will need him to bring it if they want to win a title.
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#17 » by Phobo_Phile » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 pm

BDM22 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm just not sure if Camby is better than Dice enough to risk AA, Amir, and Camby's constant injuries. If it was Dice, an expiring, and one prospect/pick I would consider it. But Dice, Amir, Afflalo, and Lindsey is a significant chunk out of our depth now and core in the future considering all of the risks.

I've always been a big fan of Camby and bringing him to Detroit because he does solve our real problems that we have. But I agree with this post as well. And with all trade proposals that have been thrown around for us, I have to say, why fix what isn't broken? Surely we have our flaws, but there isn't a team in the league that doesn't.
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#18 » by beau » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Wha?

Pistons fans saying NO! I cant believe this.

Camby is the exact type of player that will put them over the top. He is everthing that we needed since ben wallace left. Camby is big, not like ben, so he will still be effective in his later years. Who cares if he is 33; Camby is the DPOY grabbing 15 boards and blocking 3 shots! That means something yall....
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#19 » by Liqourish » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 pm

beau wrote:Wha?

Pistons fans saying NO! I cant believe this.

Camby is the exact type of player that will put them over the top. He is everthing that we needed since ben wallace left. Camby is big, not like ben, so he will still be effective in his later years. Who cares if he is 33; Camby is the DPOY grabbing 15 boards and blocking 3 shots! That means something yall....

These ARE his later years, and they happen to be injury-ridden later years. If Nugget fans are so thrilled with his 70 games later year, why are they so eager for Detroit to take him? :wink:

Lindsey Hunter will NOT be traded. Joe Dumars is loyal to a huge fault and would never do that to his friend. Dice doesn't grab 14 rebs this year, but he is consistantly giving the Pistons 10 pts 8 rebs on 52% fg in 30 mpg.

but come playoffs, he doesn't miss games

Denver has only played 5 playoffs game each of the last three years for a grand total of 15 games :lol: In those same three years Dice has played in all 59 playoff games Detroit has had. :nod:

In those three playoff years, Dice has averaged 7.3 pts 6.3 rebs on 64% fg in 21 mpg (59 games). Camby has averaged 9.7 pts 12.3 rebs on 41% fg in 36 mpg (15 games).

Camby is a better rebounder than Dice, no one is disputing that. But Dice is a better fit for the Pistons at about 2 million dollars less per year and will give you 82 regulars season games and about 20 playoff games per year.

Plus we add in our youth for Najera? no way.
beau
Sixth Man
And1: 8

Post#20 » by beau » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:55 pm

These ARE his later years, and they happen to be injury-ridden later years. If Nugget fans are so thrilled with his 70 games later year, why are they so eager for Detroit to take him?

How old was Zo when the Heat won it all? There is no question in my mind that Camby will remain effective until 36-37 years old... Just for his ability to rebound and alter shots.

Lindsey Hunter will NOT be traded. Joe Dumars is loyal to a huge fault and would never do that to his friend.

Are you kidding me? Do you really think any other team wants Hunter? He most definetly will be waived if traded so he can be Joes buddy again.

But Dice is a better fit for the Pistons at about 2 million dollars less per year

Wow lets not break the bank here for the DPOY. Its not like camby is getting pad 15 mill per year to be unproductive like BIG BAD BEN.

Return to Trades and Transactions