Today's Trade Rumor Goulash: NYK-HOU-MIL

Moderators: MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Today's Trade Rumor Goulash: NYK-HOU-MIL 

Post#1 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Trade ID #4399563

New York Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Steve Novak, Rafer Alston, Tracy McGrady, David Noel, Michael Ruffin, Charlie Villanueva, Dan Gadzuric
Outgoing Players: Randolph Morris, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Renaldo Balkman, Fred Jones, Malik Rose, Zach Randolph
NYK surrenders its key youth in order to bring in a difference-maker in T-Mac. Skip to My Lou could start from Day One, or become a key backup. Gadzuric adds defense and hustle to their frontline. CV is a young player with plenty of bright lights potential.
Crawford, McGrady, Jeffries, Villanueva, Curry
Alston, Collins, Chandler, Ruffin, Gadzuric

Houston Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Randolph Morris, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Fred Jones, Michael Redd
Outgoing Players: Steve Novak, Kirk Snyder, Steve Francis, Rafer Alston, Tracy McGrady
HOU adds a pure SG and a slashing PG who are better suited to work off of Yao's strengths. They also get a franchise PF and a backup C.
James, Redd, Battier, Lee, Ming
Robinson, Head, Wells, Hayes, Scola

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players: Renaldo Balkman, Malik Rose, Zach Randolph, Kirk Snyder, Steve Francis
Outgoing Players: David Noel, Michael Ruffin, Charlie Villanueva, Dan Gadzuric, Michael Redd
MIL gets cheap rebounding and scoring Randolph, and makes Mo the primary perimeter scorer.
Williams, Simmons, Mason, Randolph, Bogut
Francis, Bell, Balkman, Jianlian, Voskuhl
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Billy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Post#2 » by Billy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:26 pm

I really don't like this at all for Milwaukee. Outside of Balkman they don't get any jump start on rebuilding, and they take on two guys (Randolph and Francis) with a history of issues. Even if they cut Francis I don't see why Milwaukee would want Randolph around for a rebuilding effort as he clearly is in the way of Milwaukee's new center piece--Yi.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#3 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:35 pm

I just don't understand where the rumor of Randolph going to Milwaukee comes from. Don't they already have their future cornerstone of the franchise playing the same position as Randolph already?
supertruck97
Veteran
And1: 225

Post#4 » by supertruck97 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Lawlz. David Lee is a "Franchise PF".....HA!
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Yeah, the recipe came out a little underdone for the Bucks.

Would it take, for example, a Battier+Randolph-based deal for MIL to move Redd? Would HOU be willing to swap McGrady AND Battier for Redd, Lee and either Jeffries or Simmons (both quality defenders)?
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#6 » by Maritimer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Think it for NY and Houston, but that is a terrible move for Milwuakee IMO. As much as Bucks fans rag on Redd, he's more valuable than Zach, and while CV isn't a blue chip prospect there's nothing coming back that makes him worth giving up.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Re: Today's Trade Rumor Goulash: NYK-HOU-MIL 

Post#7 » by deNIEd » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:32 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:HOU adds a pure SG and a slashing PG who are better suited to work off of Yao's strengths. They also get a franchise PF and a backup C.

Lee hasn't even been able to start. Probably one of the most overhyped players on these boards. Whether Lee will be good enough to become a quality PF is still a question, a franchise pf? maybe if there were 90 teams in the league.

I do remenber Knicks fans saying he would be an allstar this year, during the summer :rofl:
Crackfool
Bench Warmer
And1: 27

Post#8 » by Crackfool » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Also, neither James or Robinson are capable of being a half-decent starting PG. Rockets need Alston at PG.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,590

Post#9 » by hermes » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:22 pm

no go for the bucks
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#10 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:25 pm

I think the main reason why Z-Ro is getting shopped is not only because Curry can't play with him but Lee should've been the starting PF since day 1 ... he only earned it since like last year.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
monitor33
Senior
And1: 0

Post#11 » by monitor33 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:36 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Yeah, the recipe came out a little underdone for the Bucks.

Would it take, for example, a Battier+Randolph-based deal for MIL to move Redd? Would HOU be willing to swap McGrady AND Battier for Redd, Lee and either Jeffries or Simmons (both quality defenders)?

Randolph is not a plus at all, and certainly not at all in the realm of Mcgrady, or even Redd for that matter.

The Tmac+Battier Trade is lightyears better than Randolph and Battier.
Displaced Bucks fan. Here in LA, Heart at Kopps.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,380

Post#12 » by Baddy Chuck » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Redd is not leaving for Randolph and scrubs, there is no way Harris would do it.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
RoxFan08
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#13 » by RoxFan08 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 pm

No way Houston give up both McGrady and Battier for anythingfrom either of those teams. As to the original trade, Houston would do it if and only if James were substituted for Alston.

Return to Trades and Transactions