Toronto and Memphis

Moderators: MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck

davkad
Banned User
And1: 0

Toronto and Memphis 

Post#1 » by davkad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Ok... lets hear some opinions:

Memphis trades away:

Stromile Swift + Damon Stoudamire

Toronto trades away:

Rasho Nesterovich + Joey Graham
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#2 » by bryant08 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Why do the Raps take on Stromile's longer contract? We don't need this marginal talent upgrade.
shakeandbake
Junior

Post#3 » by shakeandbake » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:35 pm

bryant08 wrote:Why do the Raps take on Stromile's longer contract? We don't need this marginal talent upgrade.

Longer than whom? Stromile has a player option for next year as does Rasho, and Damon is expiring next year while Graham is under contract for 2 more years..
Econgrad
Rookie
And1: 80

Post#4 » by Econgrad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:43 pm

As a Raps fan, it looks good. We can`t go the rest of the year with Calderon playing 40 min a game and Dixon trying to play backup PG. Swift isn`t a bad contract and could give us a different look up front.
pardon_my_interruption
Lead Assistant
And1: 5

Post#5 » by pardon_my_interruption » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:22 pm

This would cause us to exceed our white frontcourt player maximum (Gasol/Cardinal/Milicic/Rasho). :-)

No deal.

However, a more sensible deal would be Rasho/Dixon for Stoudamire/Swift/Jacobsen, moneywise.
davkad
Banned User

Post#6 » by davkad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:56 pm

pardon_my_interruption wrote:This would cause us to exceed our white frontcourt player maximum (Gasol/Cardinal/Milicic/Rasho). :-)

No deal.

However, a more sensible deal would be Rasho/Dixon for Stoudamire/Swift/Jacobsen, moneywise.

lol! I didn't know that Cardinal was even in the grizzlies rotation at all. Nesterovich could instantly start over Milicic, Cardinal, and maybe even Swift (although Swift is an important piece of this deal for the raptors, who need a shot blocker who can run the floor, and a backup PG).

I think the real snag in this deal is - what direction is Memphis going in? This deal works for the Raptors in my opinion, and since both the big contracts are up after next year, even if it doesn't work out, both teams can save cap space.

Memphis seems to have the pieces for a half-court team (mainly, their star, Pau Gasol doesn't exactly run the court like a gazelle), yet they want to make it a run-and-gun team... if that's the case, i think the trade dies there. However, if the Grizzlies want to win with their current personnel, this would be a smart move to make. And yes, i think the raptors (and their fans) would have no issue with parting with Dix, as long as Stoudamire (or Lowry, or Conley, or Navarro, or any PG really) would be packaged too.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,577

Post#7 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm

I think a better deal is

Stoudamire & Warrick
for
Dixon, Graham and Baston.

Grizz shed more salary (ie can use MLE this offseason) and Raps sure up the PG and SF spot.

Calederon/Stoudamire/Martin/Ford(IR)
Parker/Delfino
Moon/Kapono/Warrick
Bosh/Humphries/Garbojosa(IR)
Bargnani/Nesterovic

Conley/Lowry/Dixon*
Gay/Navarro*/Jacobsen*
Miller/Graham/Baston
Gasol/Cardinal/Johnson*
Swift/Milcic
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#8 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

I think the first deal is a bit favoured tpwards Toronto as we get a good athletic player in Stomile Swift who is a good rebounder and a Damon Stoudamire gives Toronto a good backup PG for the season if Ford dosn't return.

I doubt the Grizz would move Damon and Stromile in this deal they would want something back what I am not sure unless they want somebody like Graham but I don't see him fitting anywhere there.

Bentley1225 I don't really see Toronto wanting Warrick as a 3rd SF I mean yeah he's better then that but I he's making $5+ million over the next 2 years plus has a player option for $3 million for the 3rd year I don't want us to pay somebody that much to be a 3rd stringer.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#9 » by bryant08 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 pm

My bad, I thought Swift was a year longer than Rasho.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#10 » by zong » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 am

bryant08 wrote:Why do the Raps take on Stromile's longer contract? We don't need this marginal talent upgrade.

LOL hes an expiring deal @ 5 mill

anyways, I doubt BC does this cuz of Swift's questionable work ethics and his lapses on defense

as much as I'd like Damon back in a raps uniform, I think we can try to swing this deal without Rasho and/or Swift involved

Dixon + Baston/Graham for Damon sounds better
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#11 » by zong » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 am

Bentley1225 wrote:I think a better deal is

Stoudamire & Warrick
for
Dixon, Graham and Baston.

Grizz shed more salary (ie can use MLE this offseason) and Raps sure up the PG and SF spot.

Calederon/Stoudamire/Martin/Ford(IR)
Parker/Delfino
Moon/Kapono/Warrick
Bosh/Humphries/Garbojosa(IR)
Bargnani/Nesterovic

Conley/Lowry/Dixon*
Gay/Navarro*/Jacobsen*
Miller/Graham/Baston
Gasol/Cardinal/Johnson*
Swift/Milcic

yeah its a better deal, but quite frankly, Memphis will say no

Return to Trades and Transactions