OFFICIAL: radmanovic for morrison

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Re: OFFICIAL: radmanovic for morrison 

Post#101 » by SamBone » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:06 pm

CatNation wrote:anyone who still says the diaw bell/jrich trade was bad for the bobcats might as well never talk about the Cats again because you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

I do not remember reading anyone saying that it was bad. I really like Diaw and think he is perfect next to Mek. Bell has helped. I pointed out the trand of the Cats taking on more money in every trade they make. Never said it was a bad deal and that it did not help the team. Bottom line is the cats will find themselves around the 8th to 12th team in the east
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
CatNation
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#102 » by CatNation » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:23 pm

theres people in THIS thread still saying it was bad. lol
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#103 » by KM44 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 8:59 pm

^I think that was a bad trade for the bobcats future. I am the only person that has said this so far, and I am sticking by it. I truly believe that it will hurt their team for years to come as diaw ages and dudley starts to do great things in phoenix all while richardson continues to score.

You can call me ignorant or dull as much as you want, but that will be and the morrison trade will be terrible trades for years to come.
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:In two years:

Thompson > Aldridge
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 531

Post#104 » by raleigh » Sun Feb 8, 2009 9:22 pm

I completely agree with you KM44. Diaw is a good player, but not a difference maker.

Charlotte will be a better team entering 2009 than they were entering 2008, for sure. But unless they luck into a trade or a stud in the draft, they've severely limited their potential to be a great team.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,306

Post#105 » by amcoolio » Sun Feb 8, 2009 9:39 pm

mrhonline wrote:I completely agree with you KM44. Diaw is a good player, but not a difference maker.

Charlotte will be a better team entering 2009 than they were entering 2008, for sure. But unless they luck into a trade or a stud in the draft, they've severely limited their potential to be a great team.

You can say that about any team lacking a superstar. I mean really, take out Charlotte and plug in New York, New Jersey, OKC, Golden State, Sacramento, Minnesota, etc. and the same statement still applies.

This trade is fine because cap is 100% not an issue for the Bobcats, no free agents are going to sign here, and certainly not any of the big free agents in 2010.

Diaw and Bell have 100% more effectiveness on a basketball game than J-Rich will ever have.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#106 » by KM44 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:00 pm

^All of those teams have more of a future than the bobcats do. (New York and GS are closer to Cha though). I mean NJ has Lopez and harris to build around, OKC has westbrook, Green and Durant, Sac has martin, Thompson and Hawes, Minnesota has Love, Jefferson and Foye. Those teams have upside to them, the bobcats can only decrease from here.

Diaw and Bell won't become all-stars, Okafor won't become an offensive force, Wallace can't stop getting injured and honestly, Augustine is the only player that I could see doing anything great.

Thompson > Aldridge
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 531

Post#107 » by raleigh » Sun Feb 8, 2009 10:19 pm

amcoolio wrote:You can say that about any team lacking a superstar. I mean really, take out Charlotte and plug in New York, New Jersey, OKC, Golden State, Sacramento, Minnesota, etc. and the same statement still applies.

And do you see any of those teams taking on significant salaries in 2010-11 for role players? The only possible exception is GS's move to get Maggette, but they likely regret that now...

All of those teams are trying to shed salaries, not add them. And for good reason.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#108 » by Krapinsky » Sun Feb 8, 2009 11:33 pm

I like the trade for both teams. Radmanovich is hated merely b/c of his contract. At 4 million per year, Radmanovich would be considered a quality role player on any team. The guy can sure shoot the ball and because of that is a valuable player for end of game scenarios.

From the Bobcats perspective they could have Ammo and get nothing for $5 million a year over 1 1/2 years, or get Radmanovich and get someone who can contribute for $6 million a year for 2 1/2 years.

If you think Radmanovich is worth $4 million per year, like I do, then the nest loss on his contract is only $5 million (2.5 years x $2 million difference), while Ammo's (who's worth nothing) is a loss of $7.5 million (1.5 years x $5 million difference).

I think the Bobs have balanced the roster quite nicely. THey have a nice mix of offense and defense and have a pg of the future that can make all the players around him better. I think they'll surprise next year.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#109 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Feb 8, 2009 11:42 pm

I kind of like what Charlotte's done in acquiring Diop+Radmanovic. They're taking advantage of 2010 FA in their own way. They wouldn't have been a top destination in 2010, but they're using a golden opportunity to acquire solid role players on lengthier contracts. These 2 guys were coveted MLE acquisitions when they signed their contracts. Now, they're overpaid, but they're not significantly worse players. This seems like a positive step in becoming a better franchise.
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#110 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Feb 9, 2009 12:25 am

Kings fans shouldn't really talk about awful management when they had so many huge contracts from veterans they have no use for in the future. The only good thing for the Kings is Martin's and Salmon's contract as well as having 2010 flexibility, but taking this long to get rid of Artest and Bibby, signing Udrih to a 6 year contract, and having a boatload of contracts like Miller, Moore, and Thomas has certainly hampered King's rebuilding pace.
KM44
Sixth Man

Post#111 » by KM44 » Mon Feb 9, 2009 3:26 am

^Ignorant. That's 100% 'what have you done for me lately' mentality. Petrie built a championship contender single handedly. Moore and Udrih were admittedly bad signings, but a lot of what Petrie has done has been great. These situations aren't even comparable.

Thompson > Aldridge
microfib4thewin
Head Coach
And1: 454

Post#112 » by microfib4thewin » Mon Feb 9, 2009 7:35 am

The only reason the Kings are not rock bottom terrible is because aside from Salmons all of the unwanted contracts does not go past 2010, it still doesn't ignore the fact that the Kings were loaded with contracts they shouldn't have acquired and they would need to wait for next year before they make a move. And you're right, the situation is not comparable because the Kings were a contending team that broke up by trading their core players for scraps while Charlotte is a recent expansion team that has no real asset to begin with.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#113 » by Sofa King » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:06 am

So the next question is who are the Lakers going to trade Ammo to the Knicks for? :lol:
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#114 » by Jajwanda » Mon Feb 9, 2009 8:08 am

Nobody on the Knicks that's for sure. The Lakers would love to have a new SF though but we'd have to trade Morrison by himself.

Return to Trades and Transactions