CHI/PHO/WAS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

CHI/PHO/WAS 

Post#1 » by boogydown » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:58 am

CHICAGO
Amare Stoudemire
DeShawn Stevenson
Mike James

PHOENIX
2009 First Round Pick - Washington (Assuming They Get The #3, #4, or #5)
Tyrus Thomas
Luol Deng

WASHINGTON
2009 First Round Pick - Chicago
2009 First Round Pick - Denver
2009 First Round Pick - Phoenix
Kirk Hinrich
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 370

Re: CHI/PHO/WAS 

Post#2 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:24 am

Wizards decline without hesitation. What were you thinking? The only piece that is remotely valuable to us is Hinrich. Bring us Stoudemire and we'll talk; you can have Jamison or Butler who fits your needs just as well.
no D in Hibachi
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by no D in Hibachi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:25 am

Washington has said they don't want anyone in this draft other than Rubio or Griffin, what makes you think they'll want 3 first round picks? They'd be worthless to the Wiz and the Wiz don't even have roster space for two of them so I'm sure they'd pass.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by yungal07 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:10 am

no D in Hibachi wrote:Washington has said they don't want anyone in this draft other than Rubio or Griffin, what makes you think they'll want 3 first round picks? They'd be worthless to the Wiz and the Wiz don't even have roster space for two of them so I'm sure they'd pass.

+1

This isn't the NFL. Quality >>> Quantity.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#5 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:11 am

Suns say no. Luol is a nice player, but we have

Hill (who will return if Nash returns this year) @ around 2 mill
Barnes (who the Suns will keep unless they can pick up Ariza as a FA) @ around a mill and a half.
Dudley (who has been a hustle player for the Suns when given minutes)

Once again, Thomas is NO Amare'. Picking up Luol and Thomas and the #3-5 pick is not equal to what Amare' provides. Any player projected in the draft from 3-5 could fall to the 14th pick. Ive read 5 different draft reports and all 5 have different 3-14's. The only guarantees are Griffin and Rubio. If the Wiz got the #1 or 2, i might be able too see this trade going through, but if they got that high of a pick, i believe they would keep it for themselves as they would either keep Griffin and trade out Jameson or keep Rubio for when Arenas gets injured next year (and you KNOW he will!).

Chicago just dosent have the peices for this trade. The only way i can see Amare' landing in Chicago is to get Memphis involved.

Suns would get - Gay, Mayo, Thomas, Draft pick from Memphis

Memphis would get - J-Rich, Deng, Bulls draft pick

Bulls get - Amare

This would let the Suns dump J-Richs heavy contract to a team that could afford him and pick up a similar player in Mayo at 1/4 the price. Suns also have been eying Gay for awhile. Gay and Deng are similar type players, and i would love to have Deng, but once again it comes down to $$.
Gay @ 2.5 or Deng @ 9.5 .
Memphis has the money to spend and would give them some bigger names in J-Rich and Deng. I would also expect them to want something else from CHI or PHX as filler. I believe the Suns would pull the trigger on this, but i dont know how Memphis would feel as they drafted both Gay and Mayo, and when teams draft a player that does well they dont usually like to trade them , example = Amare' or Rose.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
boogydown
Banned User

Post#6 » by boogydown » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:21 am

Kerrsed wrote:Suns say no. Luol is a nice player, but we have

Hill (who will return if Nash returns this year) @ around 2 mill
Barnes (who the Suns will keep unless they can pick up Ariza as a FA) @ around a mill and a half.
Dudley (who has been a hustle player for the Suns when given minutes)

Once again, Thomas is NO Amare'. Picking up Luol and Thomas and the #3-5 pick is not equal to what Amare' provides. Any player projected in the draft from 3-5 could fall to the 14th pick. Ive read 5 different draft reports and all 5 have different 3-14's. The only guarantees are Griffin and Rubio. If the Wiz got the #1 or 2, i might be able too see this trade going through, but if they got that high of a pick, i believe they would keep it for themselves as they would either keep Griffin and trade out Jameson or keep Rubio for when Arenas gets injured next year (and you KNOW he will!).

Chicago just dosent have the peices for this trade. The only way i can see Amare' landing in Chicago is to get Memphis involved.

Suns would get - Gay, Mayo, Thomas, Draft pick from Memphis

Memphis would get - J-Rich, Deng, Bulls draft pick

Bulls get - Amare

This would let the Suns dump J-Richs heavy contract to a team that could afford him and pick up a similar player in Mayo at 1/4 the price. Suns also have been eying Gay for awhile. Gay and Deng are similar type players, and i would love to have Deng, but once again it comes down to $$.
Gay @ 2.5 or Deng @ 9.5 .
Memphis has the money to spend and would give them some bigger names in J-Rich and Deng. I would also expect them to want something else from CHI or PHX as filler. I believe the Suns would pull the trigger on this, but i dont know how Memphis would feel as they drafted both Gay and Mayo, and when teams draft a player that does well they dont usually like to trade them , example = Amare' or Rose.

Again, I can see Washington's side of things not wanting picks. This deal specifically cleans up Washington's cap space because moving their pick or not, they have 500k to spend next season on a player. What is Washington expecting anyway if they don't use their pick?

As for Phoenix, do you really think you are going to get Mayo, Tyrus, and Rudy for Amare? You got to be joking. Please by all means explain to me how you think Amare is worth that when he is older than all 3, the only injured of those 3 players, is not nearly a superstar type player, and is leaving Phoenix in a season. You couldn't even get Mayo straight up for Amare.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 am

boogydown wrote:Again, I can see Washington's side of things not wanting picks. This deal specifically cleans up Washington's cap space because moving their pick or not, they have 500k to spend next season on a player. What is Washington expecting anyway if they don't use their pick?

As for Phoenix, do you really think you are going to get Mayo, Tyrus, and Rudy for Amare? You got to be joking. Please by all means explain to me how you think Amare is worth that when he is older than all 3, the only injured of those 3 players, is not nearly a superstar type player, and is leaving Phoenix in a season. You couldn't even get Mayo straight up for Amare.

You must have missed the fact that we would also be giving up J-Rich too. 2 of our top scorers in our starting line-up. As for us not getting Mayo straight for Amare', they would do it in a f'n heartbeat. You are just lying to yourself and that is pitiful. So in your eyes Mayo > Deng and Thomas and a 3-5 pick? That is what you were trying to offer for Amare? as for him not nearly being a superstar type player, All-STAR, ALL-STAR, ALL-STAR. If he wasnt a superstar type player, then you wouldnt make 3 different threads with 3 different ways to acquire this non superstar player.Get a clue and step away from the homer-ism hater-ade.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
boogydown
Banned User

Post#8 » by boogydown » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:57 am

Kerrsed wrote:
boogydown wrote:Again, I can see Washington's side of things not wanting picks. This deal specifically cleans up Washington's cap space because moving their pick or not, they have 500k to spend next season on a player. What is Washington expecting anyway if they don't use their pick?

You must have missed the fact that we would also be giving up J-Rich too. 2 of our top scorers in our starting line-up. As for us not getting Mayo straight for Amare', they would do it in a f'n heartbeat. You are just lying to yourself and that is pitiful. So in your eyes Mayo > Deng and Thomas and a 3-5 pick? That is what you were trying to offer for Amare? as for him not nearly being a superstar type player, All-STAR, ALL-STAR, ALL-STAR. If he wasnt a superstar type player, then you wouldnt make 3 different threads with 3 different ways to acquire this non superstar player.Get a clue and step away from the homer-ism hater-ade.

I'm not a Memphis fan in anyway, but being that Amare is going on 28, and Mayo is 21. On top of that the odds of Amare wanting to sign an extension with Memphis is next to none so there is absolutely no way Memphis would even considering trading Mayo for Amare only to see him walk one year later. Instead you are proposing Gay, Mayo and Thomas for Amare.

Also, Chicago does not need Mayo but if Chicago moved Ben Gordon, then I can almost certainly say if they had a 3rd to 5th pick, they would include Deng and Tyrus straight up for Mayo. However, as I said, Chicago does not need a SG.

As for wanting to acquire Amare, I would with a reasonable value. There are other big man as well including Bosh, Boozer, Milisap, Jamison, and West that maybe available this summer as well. Those guys may come for more or less value than proposed here and a third team may not be involved.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#9 » by boogydown » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 am

Kerrsed wrote:

The value of Jason Richardson is also extremely low. He has a long contract that goes up, and he can score great but howabout his defense. Besides his offense has slowly decreased, and clearly the Bobcats made the move of trading him for a defensive 2 guard, and a SF because he was not fitting in with their team. The same situation is happening in Phoenix and his value is very small compared to what it was 2 seasons ago.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 am

boogydown wrote:The value of Jason Richardson is also extremely low. He has a long contract that goes up, and he can score great but howabout his defense. Besides his offense has slowly decreased, and clearly the Bobcats made the move of trading him for a defensive 2 guard, and a SF because he was not fitting in with their team. The same situation is happening in Phoenix and his value is very small compared to what it was 2 seasons ago.

His value dropped slightly because of playing in Porters system. If Memphis was giving up a scoring (Mayo) they would be getting back a scoring SG in Richardson. Richardson led the league in 3 point shooting before he came to the Suns. Porters poor offensive system messed that up and under Gentry his stats started to come back. The Bobcats traded him because when Larry Brown took over he had an idea and started moving pieces for the team he wanted. Picking up Bell and Diaw (both starters) for 1 starter was a good trade for them. Ricardson didnt fit the typical Larry Brown system.

Mayo's and Richardsons stats arnt that much different. Neither are Gay's and Deng's stats. I believe Deng is more of a star then Gay. With STAT, i think the Suns will will re-sign him to a max offer. That way they can either keep him, or can bring his trade value up. Teams right now are afraid he will walk after this season with them, but with a contract extension, he would be locked in no matter where he went, thus making him more valuable.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Kerrsed » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:24 am

boogydown wrote:As for wanting to acquire Amare, I would with a reasonable value. There are other big man as well including Bosh, Boozer, Milisap, Jamison, and West that maybe available this summer as well. Those guys may come for more or less value than proposed here and a third team may not be involved.

I dont see you making other trade ideas for Bosh, Boozer, Milisap, Jamison, and West. I just see you making multiple trade scenarios for Amare. You want Amare and i can understand why. Amare is greater then all those players. :D
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#12 » by rsavaj » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 am

PHX declines, and we can't trade our 09 pick anyways; we've already traded our 2010 pick

Return to Trades and Transactions